Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Armstrong is building a strong case to be the first key forward to have his name read out on draft night. Here we see his first game back in the Talent League after an injury layoff and a break to play school footy. Not a prolific outing possession wise, but he showed how dangerous he can be with the opportunities that come his way slotting 4 goals including the game winner on the siren after a typical demonstration of his lead/mark craft.

we need this guy

IMG_9057.jpeg

gather one of us GIF by South Park

One Of Us GIF

Rioli wants to go to GC more specific his wife does and he has also made it known.

Interesting times regardless.
I knew that evil mynx would want to go and dj on the gold coast

I bet her music is shite

Closest but prob only half of what we ll do Is port in 2018 , acquired Rozee butters and another escapes me
Freo in 2019: Young (7), Serong (8), Henry (9)
Henry gone but they've brought in Jackson (3) from the same draft.

Druggos in 2020: Cox (8), Perkins (9), Reid (10). Dudoro loaded up on the shallow Covid draft, like a genius.

So now they are just adding players names because they are from WA?

Whose next? Smith, Green and McIntosh?
Story linked Broad to North, bit he wants to stay at Richmond

Interesting article above.

Hard to compare Hawks 2001 as they made a PF before trading for pick 1.

Brisbane lost 5 kids for less value than they paid. Unless we trade and have 8 top 25 picks and use them all on interstate kids it's hard to compare and not really relevant.

Power only came 10th not last in 2018. The trading out and getting 3 good kids in fits but their base isn't as low so they bounced far quicker than we can. (I think injury free we are more 14th/15th but don't see Lynch being injury free again)

WC is what we can so sit tight and see what happens. I think that's an absolute certainty to take 5 years just to get the talent in. They're at 3 and have Reid & Ginbey 😬

The North equivalent is us keeping the 4 guys rumoured to leave and then not offering contracts to Lynch, Dusty, Prestia, Nank, McIntosh, Broad and replacing them with 4th, 5th, 6th round picks and then in a few years time delist 10 players and replace with our natural 1st or 2nd pick in every round.

I think the 2 options we have are a more aggressive Port one from a lower base or the Eagles one.
Our case is different again. If those guys do go we'll load up on early picks for this yr, & the later picks can be traded for future picks & we do it all again next yr, hopefully minus the talent loss. we'll have 2 major drafts before Tassie arrive. it's really a unique case that we could have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he couldn't find an exact equivalent to what we face thus year.
We can bring in an expansion team's draft haul with an solid established squad. That is unprecedented.

The possibility is that we can start with a team that, if fit and in form and playing a good game style, would be a shot at the top 8 (not the premiership though). And add to that a large group of very talented draftees, and we should be able to get more 1st and 2nd round players in the next few years.

That is totally unique. Exciting and scary.
We have the potential to revolutionise the rebuild.

So now they are just adding players names because they are from WA?

Whose next? Smith, Green and McIntosh?

Dunno.

There is talk Melbourne chasing Houston and Port want two first rounders.

If players we happy to go we could offer Lynch, Broad, pay salaries and something else to get Melbourne's first who seem to want one final tilt prior to Gawn getting to the end

Our case is different again. If those guys do go we'll load up on early picks for this yr, & the later picks can be traded for future picks & we do it all again next yr, hopefully minus the talent loss. we'll have 2 major drafts before Tassie arrive. it's really a unique case that we could have.
Why worry about future picks??

We do not know the depth of next years draft.

This year many teams are not looking long term like us, quite a few think they are not far off contention. Even North are chasing Broad apparently and want to rise.

I think we need to get as much out of this draft as we can because we will have top end picks next year anyway simply because other teams are mostly more advanced. This draft has depth but there are a few iffy's in there other teams would like to avoid close to setting up for contention

The other thing is next year we get to see how our new draftees go along with Gibcus, Brown and other youngsters and have a better idea what we need to draft end of 2025 for the 2025 draft and beyond etc...

This bloke HAS to be in our plans surely. His game in the Champs final sold me. Those big pack crashing contested marks, especially the big contested grab on the wing. And he kicks bags. Mmm mm
Harry Armstrong is building a strong case to be the first key forward to have his name read out on draft night. Here we see his first game back in the Talent League after an injury layoff and a break to play school footy. Not a prolific outing possession wise, but he showed how dangerous he can be with the opportunities that come his way slotting 4 goals including the game winner on the siren after a typical demonstration of his lead/mark craft.

This bloke HAS to be in our plans surely. His game in the Champs final sold me. Those big pack crashing contested marks, especially the big contested grab on the wing. And he kicks bags. Mmm mm
Yeah all this talk every year get best mids! Get the best first pick mid and maybe one more as we need forwards, Ruck defenders. Gosh I'm keen to see a new look tigers in 25 boy going to be some changes but needs to be done.

What the stats that had him voted as Vic Metros MVP? Please
Tyler Sonsie was also the Vic Metro MVP.... so hardly the best indicator

Daicos averaged 35.8 Disposals and 2.0 Goals in his last year with the Chargers.
Murphy at the Dragons has 24 Disposals and 0.7 goals

Doesn't come close and you are saying he is a clone? If we selected him with the number 1 pick I would vomit

Tyler Sonsie was also the Vic Metro MVP.... so hardly the best indicator

Daicos averaged 35.8 Disposals and 2.0 Goals in his last year with the Chargers.
Murphy at the Dragons has 24 Disposals and 0.7 goals

Doesn't come close and you are saying he is a clone? If we selected him with the number 1 pick I would vomit
LOL - Sonsie didn’t get a single vote in the Vic Metro MVP count. His carnival was horrible.

Your ignorance on stats is hilarious. Possessions don’t mean shite it’s what you do with them that counts and Reid’s are the most damaging in the draft this year. He also plays lot more on the flank in a stacked Sandy team than Daicos did at Oakleigh

Get the popcorn out for this weeks VFL match.

Race for No.1 heats up​

Richmond firmed not only for the wooden spoon but the No.1 draft pick when they fell 13 points short of North Melbourne at the weekend.
The Tigers’ general manager of football talent, Blair Hartley, was at Shepparton’s Deakin Reserve on Saturday to watch Larke medallist Harvey Langford amass 26 disposals and 10 score involvements in a 57-point Dandenong Stingrays win over Murray Bushrangers.
Jagga Smith is a leading contender to be this year’s No.1 draft pick.

Jagga Smith is a leading contender to be this year’s No.1 draft pick.Credit:AFL Photos via Getty Images
Recruiters believe it is a wide-open race to be the dux of this year’s draft class, with this masthead placing Jagga Smith at No.1, about three months out from when the call will be made.
Richmond will audition Smith and fellow No.1 contender Finn O’Sullivan in their VFL side against Sandringham at Punt Road Oval on Sunday, in a match that is sure to attract a swarm of talent scouts.

Ball magnet Smith, who had a 50-disposal game in the under-18 Talent League this season, has already played twice for the Tigers’ reserves team, averaging 29 touches, 16 contested possessions and six clearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back