Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the popcorn out for this weeks VFL match.

Race for No.1 heats up​

Richmond firmed not only for the wooden spoon but the No.1 draft pick when they fell 13 points short of North Melbourne at the weekend.
The Tigers’ general manager of football talent, Blair Hartley, was at Shepparton’s Deakin Reserve on Saturday to watch Larke medallist Harvey Langford amass 26 disposals and 10 score involvements in a 57-point Dandenong Stingrays win over Murray Bushrangers.
Jagga Smith is a leading contender to be this year’s No.1 draft pick.

Jagga Smith is a leading contender to be this year’s No.1 draft pick.Credit:AFL Photos via Getty Images
Recruiters believe it is a wide-open race to be the dux of this year’s draft class, with this masthead placing Jagga Smith at No.1, about three months out from when the call will be made.
Richmond will audition Smith and fellow No.1 contender Finn O’Sullivan in their VFL side against Sandringham at Punt Road Oval on Sunday, in a match that is sure to attract a swarm of talent scouts.

Ball magnet Smith, who had a 50-disposal game in the under-18 Talent League this season, has already played twice for the Tigers’ reserves team, averaging 29 touches, 16 contested possessions and six clearances.

Wait! We have FOS in our VFL team? Lol

It’s up to FOS now tigs2010 richoatthedisco

He has the chance to do what we know he’s capable of and get that number one position. Here’s hoping.
Surprised he's going vfl route tbh. Would have been far easier to go to Oakleigh and tear some games apart. Tick for me he's not taking that easy path.

Surprised he's going vfl route tbh. Would have been far easier to go to Oakleigh and tear some games apart. Tick for me he's not taking that easy path.

He sees what Smith and Draper are doing against men and knows he needs that in his CV. Still plenty of time to go to Oakleigh and dominate.

He sees what Smith and Draper are doing against men and knows he needs that in his CV. Still plenty of time to go to Oakleigh and dominate.
Only 1 game left and he will probably play VFL for one of them. Does 13th make wildcard round in CTL?

Didn't realise there is a bye this week so no wonder he's playing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get the popcorn out for this weeks VFL match.

Race for No.1 heats up​

Richmond firmed not only for the wooden spoon but the No.1 draft pick when they fell 13 points short of North Melbourne at the weekend.
The Tigers’ general manager of football talent, Blair Hartley, was at Shepparton’s Deakin Reserve on Saturday to watch Larke medallist Harvey Langford amass 26 disposals and 10 score involvements in a 57-point Dandenong Stingrays win over Murray Bushrangers.
Jagga Smith is a leading contender to be this year’s No.1 draft pick.

Jagga Smith is a leading contender to be this year’s No.1 draft pick.Credit:AFL Photos via Getty Images
Recruiters believe it is a wide-open race to be the dux of this year’s draft class, with this masthead placing Jagga Smith at No.1, about three months out from when the call will be made.
Richmond will audition Smith and fellow No.1 contender Finn O’Sullivan in their VFL side against Sandringham at Punt Road Oval on Sunday, in a match that is sure to attract a swarm of talent scouts.

Ball magnet Smith, who had a 50-disposal game in the under-18 Talent League this season, has already played twice for the Tigers’ reserves team, averaging 29 touches, 16 contested possessions and six clearances.

Get down to PRO.....

Wait! We have FOS in our VFL team? Lol
Can't wait for the media to start whinging about how Richmond got an unfair advantage by having potential draftees playing for their VFL side, especially when we pick both up in November

Can't wait for the media to start whinging about how Richmond got an unfair advantage by having potential draftees playing for their VFL side, especially when we pick both up in November
I reckon you're right we could end up with both if we lose Rioli for pick 6. I think FOS/Smillie will be 1/2. I'm a little unsure what WC do and if they go Draper that will make it difficult to know what Adelaide do, maybe Lalor. Saints you would think then go Langford/Reid/Smith.

I reckon you're right we could end up with both if we lose Rioli for pick 6. I think FOS/Smillie will be 1/2. I'm a little unsure what WC do and if they go Draper that will make it difficult to know what Adelaide do, maybe Lalor. Saints you would think then go Langford/Reid/Smith.
If Saints lose Battle, could they be a sneaky chance for Trainor.

Stoked about seeing FOS this weekend but I wonder how having both he & Jagga in the squad works - thought you could only have one 23rd man?

Hopefully we can give FOS 3 VFL games like we have for Jag

Stoked about seeing FOS this weekend but I wonder how having both he & Jagga in the squad works - thought you could only have one 23rd man?

Hopefully we can give FOS 3 VFL games like we have for Jag
I'd say Smith is part of the 22 and FOS is the 23rd.

If Saints lose Battle, could they be a sneaky chance for Trainor.
Hopefully lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back