Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoked about seeing FOS this weekend but I wonder how having both he & Jagga in the squad works - thought you could only have one 23rd man?

Hopefully we can give FOS 3 VFL games like we have for Jag
That's what I was thinking. I reckon we may have asked for permission because as you say the u18s kids are usually only allowed to be 23rd man and how can you have 2 x 23rd men? :think:

I still reckon there is little difference between Smillie, FOS, Jagga or Draper at the top end.
I'd happily trade pick 1 for pick 4 and still be guaranteed one of those 4.
Gold Coast would be interested in getting ahead of a Lombard bid, but I'm not interested in their likely pick 5,6 or 7.
Adelaide may be interested in trading pick 4 for pick 1 if they have a huge preference for local boy Draper?

Draper looks good biggest upside for me apparently crows bigtime in to him at pick 4. Maybe we cam screw the crows over if they come to us wanting pick 1.
To do that i'd be chasing West Coasts #3.
Good chance @ 3 & 4 we'd get both FOS & Jagga.

Sounds like people here are into FOS over Jagga. I have no idea about either but as we get closer to the end of the season and holding pick #1 (and who knows what other high picks we might get yet) creates a growing excitement around the possibilities going forward.
Both playing VFL for us this week

We could, but I don't think we will. Clubs have a pretty good idea who's going where with the first few picks come draft time.
I'm sure we are watching Draper's form pretty closely in the SANFL. He has been very good.

I think this no.1 will be split about 4 or 5 ways as they are even at the top, with each club taking what they think they need most. Do we need a speed extractor like Draper, a gatherer like Smith, big body Smillie, class in FOS etc.

Or do we take the best of them and say another speed extractor (most needed at Richmond IMO) a bit further down the draft order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gettable went through the top draft picks. Said recruiters want FOS to have a couple good games to lock him in at 1, Jagga has impressed with with VFL form, Harvey Langford is right in the mix and Richmond will take a serious look at Lalor.

Last edited:
Gettable went through the top draft picks. Said recruiters want FOS to have a couple good games to lock-in him in at 1, Jagga has impressed with with VFL form, Harvey Langford is right in the mix and Richmond will take a serious look at Lalor.
Think they got Lalor link from BF 😁

I have heard from a good source, the following information.

My source is a person who works as list manager at another club. On the weekend he was at Shepparton to watch a game as were some Tiger people.

Bolton wants to go home and is not fussed whether it’s Freo or WC Clearly due to family reasons, Bolton has made his intentions known to the club.

Rioli wants to go to GC more specific his wife does and he has also made it known.

Interesting times regardless.
Daniel has a wife?
Does his fiance know about this ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back