Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even if we don't want him we should send out a lot of rumours through the media that we'll take him at 1. Go over and interview him a few extra times. Ade have a hard on for him and might just offer pick 4 and next years 1st for pick 1. Any other year we probably wouldn't entertain that trade but this is a unique draft year
It’s actually not a bad shout if we were actually keen on Jagga or Lalor.

Adelaide - Draper
North - FOS
WC - Smilie
Richmond - Jagga / Lalor

We get our man and probably 5-6 next year on top

Speaking to a recruiter at another club he told me out of his team of 8 scouts their are 4 different options

FOS
Smilie
Draper
Trainor

But that doesn’t mean that is our top 4 or will be the first 4 picked
I use to love the Samurai Pizza cats as a kid..

Just unfortunate you spelt Samurai wrong
1723071556901.gif

The APS School team of the year is out ( can’t copy unfortunately)
Some notable performances from
Armstrong- 10 goal game (33 goals)
Ivisic- the most prolific ball winner at this level including a 47 possession game ( had some big numbers for VIC Country). His elite running capacity highlighted.
And
O’Farrell who unfortunately didn’t play any games in the NC, but a very talented kpp

Does this prevent other teams from bidding on him? I wouldn't take him at 1 obviously but you'd get picks back just for bidding when you know that Brisbane are going to match.

If we trade/FA all 4 guys plus Dusty and Grimes retirement, how many list spots/draft picks are we expecting in each draft?

I struggle to work out who is a rookie lol. _RT_ help?

Prestia ✅
Trezise ✅
Smith ✅
McIntosh ❔
Pickett ❔
Colina ❌
Coulthard ❌
Rioli ✅
Lefau ✅
Cumberland ❌
Naismith ❌
Campbell ✅
Green ✅️ (thought this bloke was a ❌️ a month ago)
Dow ❔
Blight ✅️ (takes Naismith spot on list)
Gray ✅️ (takes Coulthard spot on list)

Does this prevent other teams from bidding on him? I wouldn't take him at 1 obviously but you'd get picks back just for bidding when you know that Brisbane are going to match.
No that means teams now bid. The alternative is he put himself in the open pool.

CLUBS EYE MATURE-AGER​

RICHMOND VFL forward Sam Davidson is on the radar of a handful of AFL clubs following an eye-catching first season at Punt Road.

The 22-year-old was the only VFL player invited to the state draft combine when the first batch of names were revealed last week.

Richmond has added a handful of VFL-listed players to its AFL program over the years via the mid-season draft, pre-season supplemental selection or rookie draft, including Mykelti Lefau, James Trezise, Tylar Young and Jake Aarts, while Sam Durham and Massimo D'Ambrosio have also risen to the AFL after spending time at the Swinburne Centre.

The Tigers have been very impressed and are understood to be interested in Davidson, but they aren't alone. Adelaide, Sydney and Greater Western Sydney have all monitored his progress closely and could make a move in November or during the summer.

Essendon reached out before the Mid-Season Rookie Draft but opted to select another VFL player instead, picking Northern Bullants star Saad El-Hawli.

Part of the reason Davidson is a late developer is due to his focus on his medical degree and the country placements he has undertaken in recent years since graduating from St Kevin's College.

Davidson is studying to become a doctor at Monash University – he is halfway through his fifth year and has added an honours year – which is why he started last season playing for South Mildura in the Sunraysia Football and Netball League before finishing the season at Maffra in the Gippsland League.

In 2022 he played for Sale City in the North Gippsland League, which is how Steve Morris became aware of him. Davidson reached out to trial with the Tigers' VFL program last pre-season and has bolted from nowhere over the past couple of months.

The 191cm mobile forward has kicked 21.10 from 14 appearances after being picked for his first VFL game in round three, kicking six goals against Northern Bullants last month after four against Port Melbourne a few weeks earlier to attract the attention of recruiters.

If Davidson lands on an AFL list in November or via the pre-season supplemental selection period, the Victorian will need to put his current degree on hold given the required contact hours, but it won't stop him studying a part-time PhD in 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOS and trade up for Lalor that’s our Dusty and Cotch for the next 15 years
What if Lalor ends up more like Powell Pepper?

The size and shape is a bit different to Dusty, go back and watch Dusty's under 18 highlights, they're very different players. Dusty just moved so smoothly.

The APS School team of the year is out ( can’t copy unfortunately)
Some notable performances from
Armstrong- 10 goal game (33 goals)
Ivisic- the most prolific ball winner at this level including a 47 possession game ( had some big numbers for VIC Country). His elite running capacity highlighted.
And
O’Farrell who unfortunately didn’t play any games in the NC, but a very talented kpp
Ivisic has gone under the radar. Good player from what I've seen. Might be a cheap later pick worth a punt.

If we trade/FA all 4 guys plus Dusty and Grimes retirement, how many list spots/draft picks are we expecting in each draft?

I struggle to work out who is a rookie lol. _RT_ help?

Prestia ✅
Trezise ✅
Smith ✅
McIntosh ❔
Pickett ❔
Colina ❌
Coulthard ❌
Rioli ✅
Lefau ✅
Cumberland ❌
Naismith ❌
Campbell ✅
Green ✅️ (thought this bloke was a ❌️ a month ago)
Dow ❔
Blight ✅️ (takes Naismith spot on list)
Gray ✅️ (takes Coulthard spot on list)
Seven rookies atm:
Campbell, Bauer, Coulthard, Lefau, Trezise, Blight and Gray

Plus Colina and OHB as cat Bs

CLUBS EYE MATURE-AGER​

RICHMOND VFL forward Sam Davidson is on the radar of a handful of AFL clubs following an eye-catching first season at Punt Road.

The 22-year-old was the only VFL player invited to the state draft combine when the first batch of names were revealed last week.

Richmond has added a handful of VFL-listed players to its AFL program over the years via the mid-season draft, pre-season supplemental selection or rookie draft, including Mykelti Lefau, James Trezise, Tylar Young and Jake Aarts, while Sam Durham and Massimo D'Ambrosio have also risen to the AFL after spending time at the Swinburne Centre.

The Tigers have been very impressed and are understood to be interested in Davidson, but they aren't alone. Adelaide, Sydney and Greater Western Sydney have all monitored his progress closely and could make a move in November or during the summer.

Essendon reached out before the Mid-Season Rookie Draft but opted to select another VFL player instead, picking Northern Bullants star Saad El-Hawli.

Part of the reason Davidson is a late developer is due to his focus on his medical degree and the country placements he has undertaken in recent years since graduating from St Kevin's College.

Davidson is studying to become a doctor at Monash University – he is halfway through his fifth year and has added an honours year – which is why he started last season playing for South Mildura in the Sunraysia Football and Netball League before finishing the season at Maffra in the Gippsland League.

In 2022 he played for Sale City in the North Gippsland League, which is how Steve Morris became aware of him. Davidson reached out to trial with the Tigers' VFL program last pre-season and has bolted from nowhere over the past couple of months.

The 191cm mobile forward has kicked 21.10 from 14 appearances after being picked for his first VFL game in round three, kicking six goals against Northern Bullants last month after four against Port Melbourne a few weeks earlier to attract the attention of recruiters.

If Davidson lands on an AFL list in November or via the pre-season supplemental selection period, the Victorian will need to put his current degree on hold given the required contact hours, but it won't stop him studying a part-time PhD in 2025.
"Essendon reached out before the Mid-Season Rookie Draft but opted to select another VFL player instead"

Of COURSE they did...

They have a mole inside the club or something, I swear...

The chances of getting Groupie to eat vegetables is pretty low.
nah , I eat all the best vegetables... cucumber, tomato, capsicum , olives

the food pyramid told me they are vegtables so must be true

Thought Cat B were part of the list these days and weren't separate?
Na you get 36-38 senior, 4-6 rookies and 2 cat B.

We may actually have 8 rookies currently. I thought I remembered Tylar Young being elevated with Miller last year, but I can't find any info on it.

These are the links for the U17 Futures matches this weekend for anyone interested. The 2025 crop.

VC v NSW
VM v Qld

Teams not released yet but should feature guys like Greeves, Dalton, Ludowyke, Emmett for VM and Duursma, Onley, Hibbins-Hargraves for VC off top of my head.

Na you get 36-38 senior, 4-6 rookies and 2 cat B.

We may actually have 8 rookies currently. I thought I remembered Tylar Young being elevated with Miller last year, but I can't find any info on it.
Interesting. So Naismith is main list?

Coulthard frees up 1 spot. Campbell deserves main list, he's comfortably best 22. Would like to cull 1 more and use pick 1 PSD.

We have so much average youth that are hard to cut but we are last so need to rejuvenate lol

Ivisic has gone under the radar. Good player from what I've seen. Might be a cheap later pick worth a punt.
Agreed
Latter option, depending on who we pick up early. We may have already selected player/s with similar skill set.
He’s very composed and uses it very well, and obviously with big tank can get good numbers.
Wing !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back