Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent years posting on Giants board. Only need a quick glance at posting history 🤣🤣🤣
BS, lol

getting desperate now.

I have made a few posts lol but not as a paid up supporter, you clowns

I follow GWS, know some of the players, spoke to a guy last night who works with a guy whose son plays for GWS, it is what it is, deal with it, lol

I know guys that know GWS players, played with them, against them and support other clubs that get beat against their clubs like last week GWS v Hawks in Canberra. We all are not mushrooms. I run into Swans players to, lol, not to mention others but I don't star gaze like others do, lol

With the Talent League taking a break there are plenty of draft prospects making their VFL debuts this week giving us a chance to see how they step up to a higher level of competition. Playing off a half back flank, Travaglia looked comfortable and confident, displaying his usual intense competitive drive in contested situations as well as his run and carry to launch attacking moves.

With the Talent League taking a break there are plenty of draft prospects making their VFL debuts this week giving us a chance to see how they step up to a higher level of competition. Playing off a half back flank, Travaglia looked comfortable and confident, displaying his usual intense competitive drive in contested situations as well as his run and carry to launch attacking moves.

Looks a natural replacement for Rioli if he goes. Run, carry and breaks the lines off half back and stuck tackles against the bigger bodies. Needs to clean up the kicking a bit to be Riolis level but boy he could get there in 3-4 years and then have a 15 year career

For mine it's
1. Draper
2. Smith
3. FOS

Not much separating them, with Draper's form against men in SANFL being more consistent. FOS showed his class today in moments, but it was moments. The other 2 have runs on the board through the year, which puts them slightly ahead. Another VFL game for FOS next weekend with more midfield time wouldn't hurt.

Don't think we could go wrong with any of them.

For mine it's
1. Draper
2. Smith
3. FOS

Not much separating them, with Draper's form against men in SANFL being more consistent. FOS showed his class today in moments, but it was moments. The other 2 have runs on the board through the year, which puts them slightly ahead. Another VFL game for FOS next weekend with more midfield time wouldn't hurt.

Don't think we could go wrong with any of them.

If we have 4 picks in the top 15 I'd love for something like:

1- FOS
6- Jagga/Smillie
10- Armstrong
14- Travaglia/Langford

delisted - Naismith, Cumberland, Pickett, kmac, coulthard,

Retired - dusty, grimes

Traded - baker, graham, Rioli, Bolton

In - 11 picks?
Isn’t Picket contracted for next year? I’d be surprised if the others you have in delistings survive tbh…

If we have 4 picks in the top 15 I'd love for something like:

1- FOS
6- Jagga/Smillie
10- Armstrong
14- Travaglia/Langford

Anyone see these guys live & make comments on their strengths/weaknesses? Thanks in advance!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kmac going again for sure with all the other outs
K-Mac definitely has a contract? Cos I heard a rumour North maybe interested? Isn’t Picket just shy of a hundred games?

delisted - Naismith, Cumberland, Pickett, kmac, coulthard,

Retired - dusty, grimes

Traded - baker, graham, Rioli, Bolton

In - 11 picks?

Retire: Dusty, Grimes

Delisted: Coultard, Collina, Cumberland, Naismith

FA/Trade: Graham, Rioli, Baker

9 out; upgrade 2 rookies, select 6 in the draft and take 1 pick for train on/PSD.

All 6 picks should be in the first 2 rounds and then some 1-2 picks extra in the 2025 draft so we can do the same again.

Bolton gets held for a year but likely goes the following year

Has he missed some footy due to injury? Had less of the ball than Jagga but seemed more damaging with his disposals. I’d say that puts him slightly ahead? But You also need to work out things like resilience & potential upside/trainability?

Has he missed some footy due to injury? Had less of the ball than Jagga but seemed more damaging with his disposals. I’d say that puts him slightly ahead? But You also need to work out things like resilience & potential upside/trainability?
Missed most of the season was clear #1 at start of year. Played half forward compared to Jagga as a mid.

I'd still take him at #1, he just has better attributes & skills (he just lacks fitness or at least match fitness) but ultimately my job isn't on the line so can't be too critical if they go a safer option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back