Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was better out of FOS and Jagga today? Objectively.
Jagga was better across the day. Got his hands on the ball as per usual and actually took off from a couple of stoppages with some running bounces. He played on ball all day though, FOS was playing a half forward role and perhaps had his minutes limited due to being the 23rd man although I'm not fully across how that works.

Most of FOS touches were classy though. Couple of nice shrugs and side steps, neat kicking and a nice finish for his first goal after a neat look away handball seconds before. Him and Jagga actually got us going a little bit early in the second with a couple of nice passages that resulted in shots on goal (after going into quarter time having not had a shot on goal).

Jagga was more involved for the game but you could see the class in what FOS did as well.

Missed most of the season was clear #1 at start of year. Played half forward compared to Jagga as a mid.

I'd still take him at #1, he just has better attributes & skills (he just lacks fitness or at least match fitness) but ultimately my job isn't on the line so can't be too critical if they go a safer option.
With your job on the line any pick one is not a safe option. Jagga certainly knows how to get the ball, FOS is a nice mover.

After watching them both in action today I’m no clearer on who of the two would be the better choice.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t select either. If forced to make a choice now, I still think Jagga purely because he keeps getting the ball. Skills need to be honed but with good coaching he’ll improve heaps.

Still time for FOS or another player to persuade us that they are tops.

With your job on the line any pick one is not a safe option. Jagga certainly knows how to get the ball, FOS is a nice mover.

After watching them both in action today I’m no clearer on who of the two would be the better choice.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t select either. If forced to make a choice now, I still think Jagga purely because he keeps getting the ball. Skills need to be honed but with good coaching he’ll improve heaps.

Still time for FOS or another player to persuade us that they are tops.
Yeah but I think if Jagga was a bust you could point back to his 18’s form and say oh well.

Where is the post, your full of it.

The trouble with you guys is your not prepared to roll the sleeves up!!! Put in the hard yards like Dusty!!

What happened this weekend of significance?? MacAndrew put his hand up. If RFC had any ticker they would send ambassadors to Africa looking for the next MacAndrew, take a few players over, bring some footies and let them kick it around and mark it unlike a soccer ball or basketball and try and develop another recruiting zone, make us of our club song and colours

But instead you wish to slice and dice dime a dozen midfielders close to home and will not travel like the Vikings
My god you are unbearable. Why did I click “show blocked content”

My god you are unbearable. Why did I click “show blocked content”
Yep.

Mac Andrew lived in Australia since he was 18 months.

Think it would be illegal or at least frowned upon to steal 18 month old African kids and teach them to kick a football

fans GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.

Mac Andrew lived in Australia since he was 18 months.

Think it would be illegal or at least frowned upon to steal 18 month old African kids and teach them to kick a football

fans GIF
Not to mention how big Africa is as a continent. Like send recruiters where? If we’re going international, why not Europe? Asia? America’s? Or does Magic just assume all “Africans” become elite athletes? There’s just so much racist undertones in comments like that - so gross.

Not to mention how big Africa is as a continent. Like send recruiters where? If we’re going international, why not Europe? Asia? America’s? Or does Magic just assume all “Africans” become elite athletes? There’s just so much racist undertones in comments like that - so gross.
just making excuses for incompetence.

Go to USA but you will not be able to get Lebron to play.

How many jump and kick for goal like MacAndrew with sticky hands?? If you can find them in France and they want to come go there to on the same budget.

It is nothing to do with race, it is about the fact MacAndrew can play better than others so get over yourself

For example MacAndrew is a lot better player than the King brothers because he can kick straight for goal, plays in the ruck, better hands and better balance not because he is black and the King brothers are white. MacAndrew also is a good defender unlike the King brothers

Last edited:
There was so much anticipation and expectation of what Finn would produce coming into his top age season, but up to now he's struggle through a series of set backs and never really come close to resembling the footballer of last year and years prior. He again started slowly here in the first quarter, but when he started dancing in the second quarter, showing some of the tricks he can pull out of his bag, things that few other footballers can match, there was a palpable sense of relief and excitement among watchers that finally the real Finn O'Sullivan might be about to stand up. There are still reasons why you might not choose to take him at pick 1, but at least we've again started to see why you just might.

There was so much anticipation and expectation of what Finn would produce coming into his top age season, but up to now he's struggle through a series of set backs and never really come close to resembling the footballer of last year and years prior. He again started slowly here in the first quarter, but when he started dancing in the second quarter, showing some of the tricks he can pull out of his bag, things that few other footballers can match, there was a palpable sense of relief and excitement among watchers that finally the real Finn O'Sullivan might be about to stand up. There are still reasons why you might not choose to take him at pick 1, but at least we've again started to see why you just might.

You missed the look away handball in the build up to his first ☹️

Damn he got hips like Shakira’
Welcome pick 1

1723377375070.gif

today showed that FOS can play HF outside of being a mid. You can’t be a one dimensional player in modern footy like how Dow can only play inside mid or else he’s useless, even playing inside mid he’s useless. We 1000% need class in the midfield and it shows from today he has it in spades.

The Dow comment made me laugh. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back