Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOS the obvious pick for me. Wont be a crap player and has serious potential if he gets the game fitness. I can see a bit of Daicos in smith but also a bit of paddy dow lol. Not sure how he goes at the top level

I watch the entire game. Jagga played more midfield than FOS and obviously got more touches. But FOS looked classy with his touches. If he plays next game hopefully he gets more midfield minutes. For mine, he looks classy and that's what we need.
Reckon FOS goes back to Oakleigh with Jagga and they try get them some wins.

Edit: in fact they play Lalor & Ough this week.

just making excuses for incompetence.

Go to USA but you will not be able to get Lebron to play.

How many jump and kick for goal like MacAndrew with sticky hands?? If you can find them in France and they want to come go there to on the same budget.

It is nothing to do with race, it is about the fact MacAndrew can play better than others so get over yourself

For example MacAndrew is a lot better player than the King brothers because he can kick straight for goal, plays in the ruck, better hands and better balance not because he is black and the King brothers are white

So send recruiters to 190+ countries and have them scout for athletic kids playing sports that are not AFL. And then what? Hand them a footy and tell them to kick it?

Or do we just focus on Africans because you know, Mac Andrew who has been here from 18-months and grown up playing footy does it really well, so surely any African kid can do the same, what with their athleticism and all?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FOS barely played half the game. 12 touches, 6 score involvements. Ashcroft 23 more disposals, 2 more score involvements. Of course it's hard to get a score involvement when you demand the ball in a poor position and sell your mate into trouble so he has to give it back to you. But it's good for your numbers.

I watch the entire game. Jagga played more midfield than FOS and obviously got more touches. But FOS looked classy with his touches. If he plays next game hopefully he gets more midfield minutes. For mine, he looks classy and that's what we need.
One played a full game the other one half I know who I would pick. Man relying on drafts this season I was looking forward 2 but seen this 2 if there the best going around we are farked. Ps Fawcett looks god there's some hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can get 7 and 8 from gcs and Freo, we should go FOS @1 as could see jagga still on the board at 7.

1- Ashcroft (matched) / Brisbane
2- O'Sullivan / tigs
3- Trainor / norf
4- Allen / wce
5- Draper / Adelaide
6- Smillie / Saints
7- Reid / Dees
8- Jagga / tigs
9- Armstrong / tigs
10- Lombard (matched) / gcs

Don't see jagga as a need for norf, adelaide or dees but would worry about wce and saints.

Could also try and trade with the eagles for pick 3 with something like 7 and 21 or include in a Baker deal to secure jagga

If we can get 7 and 8 from gcs and Freo, we should go FOS @1 as could see jagga still on the board at 7.

2- O'Sullivan / tigs
3- Trainor / norf
4- Allen / wce
5- Draper / Adelaide
6- Smillie / Saints
7- Reid / Dees
8- Jagga / tigs
9- Armstrong / tigs

Don't see jagga as a need for norf, adelaide or dees but would worry about wce and saints.

Could also try and trade with the eagles for pick 3 with something like 7 and 21 or include in a Baker deal to secure jagga
Saints will have 6 and 7 after losing Battle

2- O'Sullivan / tigs
3- Trainor / norf
4- Allen / wce
5- Draper / Adelaide
6- Smillie / Saints
7- Reid / Dees
8- Jagga / tigs
9- Armstrong / tigs

We won't bid on Ashcroft as I expect we will trade the late picks for their 1st rounder.

Last edited:
I'm guessing we had in our plans that we would target the Blues 1st with our cache of later picks.
Does them slipping out of the 8 affect those plans?
Do people think that the Blues will just use their 1st pick on a higher rated player than a Camporelle?

this is where i dont like the F/S. Teams need to be harsh and just take the best avaliable IMO. If a FS isnt up to it or ranked where you have a pick it risks reaching and fing up.

I'm guessing we had in our plans that we would target the Blues 1st with our cache of later picks.
Does them slipping out of the 8 affect those plans?
Do people think that the Blues will just use their 1st pick on a higher rated player than a Camporelle?

this is where i dont like the F/S. Teams need to be harsh and just take the best avaliable IMO. If a FS isnt up to it or ranked where you have a pick it risks reaching and fing up.
It's the Lions pick we will be after.

The Campo's don't look like 1st round prospects

The good news right now is that league leaders are nowhere near the status that we were during our time . Went to hawks game yesterday ,,, they’re looking a million dollars .
Bookends are chol/dear and frost/sicily yet they prob look sec best team in it . Have done a superb job rebuilding with 20 something pics and tactical imports
We need to commit to bringing in 5-6 R1s and more next year . Honestly we will climb quickly, we have plenty of experience remaining to surround these kids and drip feed them and I like what we already have
Exciting times

Last edited:

2- O'Sullivan / tigs
3- Trainor / norf
4- Allen / wce
5- Draper / Adelaide
6- Smillie / Saints
7- Reid / Dees
8- Jagga / tigs
9- Armstrong / tigs

If we got 7, id say to the eagles, pick 3 for 7 and baker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back