Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The beauty of our rebuild is there’s every chance we will have top 4 picks for 2025 & 2026 drafts that will compliment our draftees in this off season.

I can deal with 3 more lean years if we can turbo charge a rebuild like the Hawks have.
Hawthorn have played this perfectly, in 2022 and 2023 they were highly competitive while playing the kids but would end up losing by 4-8 goals a game (break it down its 1-2 goals a qtr). The kids have now got games and experience under their belt and it’s all clicked and they are taking the league by storm and this could be sustained success.

We need to calm the farm on Yze and inject this talent in with our solid leaders who have set the standards ie. Taranto, Nank, Lynch,Vlos and Broady

Is it greedy to want two of FOS/Draper/Jagga + all of Shanahan, Armstrong, Berry and Lalor?
Michael Douglas Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

I love what the Hawks are doing, awesome to watch, but I cant help but feel they will drop down again next year.
100% their list is bog average

they will be found out. always happens

Mate where do you rate Shanahan, this kid is doing himself no harm at VFL level. Surely doesnt make it to the 2nd round as per the above article?
Hard to put a number on him as the pool is so even it will really come to needs or preferences from pick 8ish through to about 30. He's athletic, moves well, but more of a hit-up than a contested marking threat. Prefer Armstrong and Sims myself.

That confidence is what makes good players great IMO
Now you're getting it.

I said the same thing. Reminded me of cotch.
Been saying it all year.

Apologies in advance - I don't know if we have any influence over what recruiters do but I'm posting this around to attempt to ensure that Levi doesn't end up sliding too far. Keep the pressure on.

----

What an incredible debut performance by Levi. He stepped up to VFL level for the first time and played probably his best game for the season, putting a marker out there for the rest of the draft pool to try and reach. He was close to BOG, certainly Brisbane's best and most productive midfielder. Prolific at the coal face winning 11 clearances and spreading with his typical elite work rate and endurance to find a stack of the footy outside the contest, even slotting a sublime running goal from the boundary. Compared to his brother Will, Levi brings a more natural physicality and that was on clear display here.

Apologies in advance - I don't know if we have any influence over what recruiters do but I'm posting this around to attempt to ensure that Levi doesn't end up sliding too far. Keep the pressure on.

----

What an incredible debut performance by Levi. He stepped up to VFL level for the first time and played probably his best game for the season, putting a marker out there for the rest of the draft pool to try and reach. He was close to BOG, certainly Brisbane's best and most productive midfielder. Prolific at the coal face winning 11 clearances and spreading with his typical elite work rate and endurance to find a stack of the footy outside the contest, even slotting a sublime running goal from the boundary. Compared to his brother Will, Levi brings a more natural physicality and that was on clear display here.

Can really play, and like his brother and Nick Daicos has his own personal umpire-slash butler.

Awesome stuff

Are we jus sending out invites to the players we want, this is gold. Wouldnt mind one of the KPF's getting some action, Faull would be nice.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we jus sending out invites to the players we want FDS, this is gold. Wouldnt mind one of the KPF's getting some action, Faull would be nice.
To annoy Adelaide should send an invite to that sanfl kid they are interested in ;)

You can't say we're not doing our due diligence....
It's in our interest to play all the Vic kids if we are trading out Bolton and Rioli. We want to get a look at them but not give away the ones we are actually keen on.

I reckon we'll try our hardest to end up with both FOS and Jagga, that'd mean targeting Eagles pick 3.
**** that would be gold, if we could add Lalor also, we have the complete midfield for 10 + years.

Awesome stuff

I love that we have been doing this. Not only does it give us a closer look at prospects but it puts more eyes on the VFL team.

Are we jus sending out invites to the players we want, this is gold. Wouldnt mind one of the KPF's getting some action, Faull would be nice.
I think we've just made it pretty clear who we are looking at for pick 1 LOL

Rest of the comp are melting right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back