So far this is the list i've heard the Tigers are linked with:

Longer (Bris)
Adams (GWS)
Montagna (St)
Hampson (Carl)
Chapman (Geel)
Thomas (Port)
Riewoldt (St)

Have I missed any... anyway, to me Adams is a big long shot, Longer looks set to Hawks, Thomas we appear will take and wouldn't be suprised if its the first official free agency lodged, Riewoldt is a cracker and the story around it is laughable.

The ones that intrigue me and interested in everyone else's thoughts are Chapman, Montagna & Hampson.

Chappy is a gun, regardless of age he will play the next 2 years somewhere, can still kick goals and can still influence a game - I say we snare him.

Hampson could be the 2nd ruckman we're looking for, the handy thing is he can play forward too - Vickery is still learning and Hampson might be a good addition instead of keeping Stephenson on.

Montagna is another interesting one, could be very handy addition - awesome midfielder but just can't see us paying the $$'s he think he's worth

So your thoughts? For me - all eyes on Chapman

[PREVIOUS TRADE RUMOUR DISCUSSION THREAD HERE - http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-rumour-discussion.1031264/]

I'd not be surprised if Roos offered 2 for Shiel.
It'd be defensible, too.
I can't see how we could make a play there.

Saints should offer McEvoy and 3 for 1 and 9

Things have gone quiet on the Adams front. I'd be happy with him or Dylan shiel. Not sure about Hampson though..I guess he'd be handy. What do we stand to lose? Since Matty white is an unrestricted free agent, does that mean we get nothing for him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things have gone quiet on the Adams front. I'd be happy with him or Dylan shiel. Not sure about Hampson though..I guess he'd be handy. What do we stand to lose? Since Matty white is an unrestricted free agent, does that mean we get nothing for him?
Pretty sure we get compo, just wont be much

I'd be happy to do that. Shiel was touted to be a top 3 ticket. IMO he is an absolute freak and could win a brownlow...

I'd be seriously happy to do that... But doubt GWS would. Sheil would probably go top 3 if he was in this draft...And Adams is obviously a first round pick too.

I think it's a moot point anyway - Sheil is contracted, and with losing Adams and not getting Buddy - I reckon there's very little chance of them trading Sheil.

I'd not be surprised if Roos offered 2 for Shiel.
It'd be defensible, too.
I can't see how we could make a play there.

Saints should offer McEvoy and 3 for 1 and 9
Agree,Although i must say,Putting Magan aside for one sec,I'd prefer Big Boy McEvoy over Hampson.

I'd be seriously happy to do that... But doubt GWS would. Sheil would probably go top 3 if he was in this draft...And Adams is obviously a first round pick too.

I think it's a moot point anyway - Sheil is contracted, and with losing Adams and not getting Buddy - I reckon there's very little chance of them trading Sheil.
We'll just wait 12 or so months.:D

Montagna would be absolutely fantastic for us.

- outside pace
- goal kicking mid/hff
- high possession getter

While our rivals on the ladder port give White 300k over 3 years for that role, we could get the same contract to Montagna and come out as winners.

He's a gun and not just that - he compliments our midfield so well.

We also need a Sam Mitchell type inside mongrel mid too. Foley hasn't fulfilled that role this year.

I think it is probably wise to go youth.

GWS may have missed Buddy.If this happened I would trade a players(s) if possible for their pick 10 or whatever because it is going to be very hard fo us to beat Swans Freo and Hawks in the next few years.

It would free up cash for us to spend targeting players whens Swans list under pressure as Mitchell etc.. gets better plus 2015/2016 drafts rumour is pretty good which gives us greater leverage in the trade market.

Maybe we should think about trying to get GWS's pick 1 if possible

Montagna can play, but he turns 30 in a few weeks, not sure he's the right age bracket for us.

I think if you put a Montagna into the middle then suddenly our midfield really starts to take shape.

I believe the heirarchy at Richmond think the window is much closer then people think on these boards and the players we are being linked with (Chapman/Montagna) are all players that sides who are looking to win a flag recruit.

Montagna is a fit, healthy 30 year old without many injury concerns. If he is keen to leave I'd offer him a contract. Upgrade on White & experience. Was one of the best midfielders in the comp during St Kilda's better years & had a stand out season last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back