Trade Rumour Discussion II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry.
Well I'm basically just backing in the blokes who do our talent indentification.
Particularly for Ruck. You can really still find a diamond in the rough in a Ruckman if you can identify certain traits you think are needed.
I don't think he will completely take over from Maric right away,but I think gradually as big Ivan's body keeps struggling he will.
The club has obviously identified Hampson as a very promising Ruck prospect rather than a forward pocket part time Ruck.
That's what it looks like to me anyway.

Yeah fair enough in time. Just not straight away. I'm all for Hampson coming to tigerland just so you know and yes Maric needs back up.

why is a ruck/fwd whose only played 50 games in the past 5 season out of a possible 110 and hasnt set the world on fire worth pick 30? Do you think there will be any other picks involved? what did we give maric for again?

If Maric played 1st 1/2 and Hampson subbed on in the 2nd half for Maric in some games would nurse Maric through the year

Reasonable thought but I doubt any club would use a ruckman as a sub. The way footy is played these days, you would almost be a player down doing this.

why is a ruck/fwd whose only played 50 games in the past 5 season out of a possible 110 and hasnt set the world on fire worth pick 30? Do you think there will be any other picks involved? what did we give maric for again?

Pick 37 For Maric who at the time had played 77 games in 6 seasons (about 135 possible games) and had fallen behind in the pecking order , sounds a familiar story ...Remember at the time most were saying what a waste of a spot on the list Ivan was... Back in Blair Hartley his record to date is sensational... People bringing up late rookie picks who didnt turn out to be Wayne Carey are kidding themselves

I liked the Maric trade and wasn't against it.

This Hampson trade doesn't have the same feel to it.

I was happy to bring Ivan in aswell and was happy with the trade, the fact is there are plenty of similarities about the Hampson situation, obviously im not expecting for Hampson to have the same affect as Ivvy, but im more than happy to back Blair Hartley in

It's easy to see why people don't like the trade the way they did when Ivan came to the club.

Look at it this way, we were replacing Angus Graham!

There's a completely different take right.

I still think getting Hampson is a requirement that is a need for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the Maric trade and wasn't against it.

This Hampson trade doesn't have the same feel to it.

Possibly for a couple of reasons. Ivan had a fantastic injury record, he was being courted elsewhere (I suppose Hampson is too), he was widely lauded as a top bloke, the Crows were after the Tambling compo pick (Elton) but we didn't pay that, he was known for aggression and he had a discrete ruck role.

I too have my reservations, and the medical is critical, but I do rate Blair's opinion above my own.

Ivan was searching for opportunities.
This guy isn't up to it.

Yeah but we are looking for a ready made back up ruck, not necessarily a first stringer.

Thinking left field, might give Ty a bit of a rocket too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back