Rumour Trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get why these ones keep coming up. It's the same deal with Knights. Hardwick doesn't want these kinds of players, they obviously don't suit his game plan. He decided Morton's role was redundant, so turned him into a midfielder, and it's worked beautifully.We're certainly not going to come out now and trade to replace him, let alone with McKinley who is at least 10 times as one dimensional as Morton ever was.

Morton himself was the one who decided he could be of better value in the midfield and suggested to Dimma he goes back to Coburg to learn the trade. Nothing to do with the role being redundant, just that it might not be good enough long term. If our staff can meet with MacKinley and he can convince them that he's going to work his ass off, snap him up!

The strong rumour is Richmond are looking at Tom Lynch from the Saints, he was the 13th player drafted in the 2008 AFL National Draft. We've had a good run with another pick 13. Starved of opportunity in the Saints forward line and having suffered an ACL a few years back he's looking for a new home.

Any takers?

Morton himself was the one who decided he could be of better value in the midfield and suggested to Dimma he goes back to Coburg to learn the trade. Nothing to do with the role being redundant, just that it might not be good enough long term. If our staff can meet with MacKinley and he can convince them that he's going to work his ass off, snap him up!
I can't find the link at the moment (I will try harder later) but I'm 100% positive Dimma said he felt Morton's role in the forward line had become redundant in the modern game. Morton played a big part in his turn around and effectively saved his career by asking telling Hardwick he wanted to do the hard yards and learn to play midfield, as you say. It was a combination of both. I'd be thoroughly disappointed if we brought in McKinley now.

I can't find the link at the moment (I will try harder later) but I'm 100% positive Dimma said he felt Morton's role in the forward line had become redundant in the modern game. Morton played a big part in his turn around and effectively saved his career by asking telling Hardwick he wanted to do the hard yards and learn to play midfield, as you say. It was a combination of both. I'd be thoroughly disappointed if we brought in McKinley now.
Hardwick did mention something like that somewhere, but he also said that it was Morton who approached him and asked for the move to the midfield.

If a player struggles to get a game in a side that wins the wooden spoon what makes people think that he'll be any good for the side that finished 15th.

I just don't get why these ones keep coming up. It's the same deal with Knights. Hardwick doesn't want these kinds of players, they obviously don't suit his game plan. He decided Morton's role was redundant, so turned him into a midfielder, and it's worked beautifully.We're certainly not going to come out now and trade to replace him, let alone with McKinley who is at least 10 times as one dimensional as Morton ever was.

Yep, and the fact McKinley doesnt chase

If a player struggles to get a game in a side that wins the wooden spoon what makes people think that he'll be any good for the side that finished 15th.

I bet you've asked yourself why David Rodan is 10 times the player at Port then he was at Richmond :rolleyes:

Yep, and the fact McKinley doesnt chase

BTW, I dont recall Jack having a huge defensive side to his game last year?? Who is to say that Ben wont change with some help of our coaching staff? Still think he is worth a crack...... Guys on the WC board are saying that they dont expect to get anything higher than a 3rd round for him, Rance and our last pick would work nicely :D

I bet you've asked yourself why David Rodan is 10 times the player at Port then he was at Richmond :rolleyes:
Never once have I asked myself that. Rodan was decent when at Richmond and has flourished since given a real crack at Port. McKinley has had a decent crack at WC, but for one reason or another dropped off the pace and was overtaken by others. Sorry but I just don't see the need for a downhill skier.

BTW, I dont recall Jack having a huge defensive side to his game last year?? Who is to say that Ben wont change with some help of our coaching staff? Still think he is worth a crack...... Guys on the WC board are saying that they dont expect to get anything higher than a 3rd round for him, Rance and our last pick would work nicely :D
That says it all. When posters from the team that he plays for aren't expecting anything more than a pick in the 45+ range he can't be that great.

That says it all. When posters from the team that he plays for aren't expecting anything more than a pick in the 45+ range he can't be that great.

Yeah but I'm not saying he is great.....I'm saying that I have the faith that Dimma and the staff can mould him into an integral part of our forward line. If we can get him for something as low as a last round pick, I personally think he is worth a crack. I believe he has the ability to kick 30+ goals a year a long side Jack, and considering Andy Collins was our second highest goalkicker for the year with 19, I think its an area we need to address.

The strong rumour is Richmond are looking at Tom Lynch from the Saints, he was the 13th player drafted in the 2008 AFL National Draft. We've had a good run with another pick 13. Starved of opportunity in the Saints forward line and having suffered an ACL a few years back he's looking for a new home.

Any takers?

Watched his only game for this year (when n. riewoldt was out) and he looked so far out of his depth it wasnt funny. His bio from his draft year reads well and young KP take time, but only take him if he slipped to PSD or third round (and maybe a player, mcmahon lol)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any takers?

nah i'd take the tom lynch from the stingrays in the draft instead.

Found out today that it looks like Chris Knights is 95% sure staying put in Adelaide unless something catastrophic happens in negotations in the next week or two - Adelaide are fighting tooth and nail to sign him for 2 years. So put a line though that one by the looks.

Tigers to trade for key forward

Have heard that the Tigers are chasing a key forward during trade week. Rumor has it that the said player is 22-24 years old and has had limited opportunities at his club this year.

I can only think of Jack Anthony :mad: and was wondering if others have heard this and/or have other ideas on who this player may be?

Re: Tigers to trade for key forward

God I hope its not Anthony, if its anyone I reckon it might be Dowler, turns 23 in December, is 196cm and around 90-92kg and didn't get a senior game this year after playing 13 games last year. Of the 2 I'd probably prefer Dowler, as Hardwick has at least worked with him for a few years and would know what the kid is capable of delivering. Dowler is also capable of playing down back which would be handy to have alongside Astbury. Finally Dowler would probably come a lot cheaper than Anthony given he hasn't played at all this year.

Why would we bother? We have 2 very promising young talls in Post and Griffiths to help out Reiwoldt. We're better off getting a 4th tall in the draft

I wouldn't mind Dowler if he came cheaply. Griffiths isn't ready and I think Hardwick wants a 3 man attack so Riewoldt, Post and Dowler could work.

Although, I'd be happy to just let the current KPs we got develop and possibly draft more in the future instead of trading for someone.

McKinley or whatever that w.coast blokes name is wants to come back to Victoria..

Are you kidding? Rance and a third rounder for Ben Mckinley. More like Rance for McKinley and 2nd/3rd rounder. We would have easily gotten a late teens pick for Rance in last trade week so why would we give him up for a dud when he has so much development left?

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Been saying this for ages. Its our achilles heal, and anyone who thinks we don’t need to because we already have young key forwards have rocks in their heads.

Post, Griff? Who else. Both are so far off proving they will be long time quality key forwards.

Why did Dimma try McGuane and Thursty up forward? That in its self was a hint.

Fact is, we have a massive hole in front (or behind) Jack. No idea who they will target, but im hoping either Hawkins or Roughed would be great gets, and obtainable if the right exchange was made... And by that, i wouldnt be phased if pick 6 was some how involved. As far as im concerned a quality under 25 KP at this stage is far more valuable to our development than a pick 6 lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back