Rumour Trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Greg Denham on SEN today mentioned Tambling to the Eagles for Shuey and a pick.

I know he's not seen as a reliable source, but how good would that be.

I'd almost take a straight swap - Shuey is gonna be a gun.
Denham did not mention it. A caller did and Denham laughed at him.

Denham did not mention it. A caller did and Denham laughed at him.

Oh cool thanks mate, actually I heard that from a mate, who said he heard it on SEN. Don't you just love this time of year - so much bullshit flying around...it's great!

Jackson to Sydney for Vespremi and pick 21
Tambling to Brisbane for Sherman
Thursfield to Hawthorn for Dowler
Houli PSD
That is all

What is everyone and their obsession for Dowler, hes struggled in the VFL all year has not shown anything and some people want to trade Thursfield for him.

He is going to get delisted so if we want him pick him up Rookie draft at best. I highly doubt there are clubs lining up for his signature. Better still keep going down the path we started next year and bring another untried youngster to the club.

when people first started throwing around the idea of trading jackson, i was shocked, but now thinking about it i dont think he is as much of a required player, yes he is a tagger, but hes an inside midfielder which we have plenty of (martin cotchin tuck), and his disposal is very questionable. i can see jackson going to sydney, with jack replacing kirk, and jackson replacing jack, if we could get a late first round pick for him, or veszpremi, i think we wouldve done well, the only problem is that we'd be without a tagger.

and im not as loaded as as some other people on here (DT) but i still have hot mail on mark blake to the tiges, which i'm unsure how to feel about

also i do not want to go near dowler with a 10 ft pole, in my eyes he is an average player at his absolute peak. we have Riewolt (full forward, coleman medal, next star forward of the game), post (enormous potential and great mitts), griffiths (monster already and looks like a traditional chf), aswell with troy taylor who has a set of tricks, now include 1 or 2 key position players we take in the draft, and where does dowler fit in? answer - back at the box hill reserves

Jackson to Sydney for Vespremi and pick 21 - Not bad. Could live with that for sure.
Tambling to Brisbane for Sherman - Would rather a decent pick for Tambling over a player swap. Especially if that player is Sherman. Not a big fan of his.
Thursfield to Hawthorn for Dowler - Thursfield is no star but Dowler is delist material. Terrible trade, would rather a pick.
Houli PSD - Meh, not a fan of the Essendon fringe player. Would rather he doesn't come to Richmond regardless of the cost.
That is all

Thoughts above ^^.

also i do not want to go near dowler with a 10 ft pole, in my eyes he is an average player at his absolute peak. we have Riewolt (full forward, coleman medal, next star forward of the game), post (enormous potential and great mitts), griffiths (monster already and looks like a traditional chf), aswell with troy taylor who has a set of tricks, now include 1 or 2 key position players we take in the draft, and where does dowler fit in? answer - back at the box hill reserves

i agree with this:thumbsu:
Maybe one small forward shy of a really, really potent forwardline.
Andy C, Nason and maybe a Vespremi rotating through there and ill be happy with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only reason I think Dowler is worth considering is the Hardwick connection. He was a high draft pick, is still pretty young and Dimma obviously sees something in him - so if we get him (not tgiving up oo much - Maybe Thursfield and a draft pick upgrade) I think he's worth a go.

At this time of year it seem really dumb not to have individual threads on our possible draft options. Just my 2 cents, i hate having to sift thru hundreds of posts to see if we've talked about certain players.

Houli PSD
That is all

LOL we are going to give our 1st round pick and a previous years 1st round pick for a tagger with poor disposal :eek: You Tiges supporters make me laugh.

Houli PSD
That is all
Gregs Beck and Miller say hi and Coburg says thanks :rolleyes:

How about this year we do something original like keeping our picks and only trade excess players like Thursty out for more picks. Swapping for fringe/mediocre players from other clubs where most have done stuff all after 4+ years in the AFL system does nothing to help us improve. 30 years of failed recruiting like those above trades and some of our supporters still think that kind of recruiting works :eek:.

LOL we are going to give our 1st round pick and a previous years 1st round pick for a tagger with poor disposal :eek: You Tiges supporters make me laugh.
Veszpremi at 21 y.o. has done exactly what in his 10 games in 3 years? So what if he was a first round pick (see Tambling). Just shows Sydney got it wrong in the 2007 draft with Rioli going the pick after Veszpremi. Veszpremi is just a fringe player at best at the Swans after one game in 2010. You'll be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him. I sure hope Richmond stays well away.

Veszpremi at 21 y.o. has done exactly what in his 10 games in 3 years? So what if he was a first round pick (see Tambling). Just shows Sydney got it wrong in the 2007 draft with Rioli going the pick after Veszpremi. Veszpremi is just a fringe player at best at the Swans after one game in 2010. You'll be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him. I sure hope Richmond stays well away.

^^ What he said about Vez.

And poor kicks have been known to win Brownlows ya know ;)

They often make me laugh too...good to know other club's supporters (i.e. those without yellow& black coloured glasses) see Jackson for the mediocre player that he really is....though I always suspected as much...:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back