Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yze and White delisted

Yze, no.

White, maybe.

I feel genuinely sorry for Jeff .. a talented player in his hey day!

BUT sometimes players need to understand.... time is UP!

As much as it might cause pain and angst here... even a 35 yr old Everitt would thrash him in the ruck based on last 2 seasons.

The extraordinary leap White had for a big bloke is ....gawwwn.

The "Primus rule" actually effected him worse!!!

I trust Swans judgement... but it is more likely that clubs like Carlton will realise Hackland is a DUD! or only a a feral piss up wake at St Kilda :eek: would be required for Gardy to stuff up again ....for them to be more interested! He is a Mummys glamour Victorian boy anyway!!!

If Everitt has got earned respect as a ruck coach Sydney Swans must test the waters and develop our own... there have been half a dozen or MORE ....that haven't been able to cut it, but never given a decent chance!

JOLLY absolutely gives White a bath!!!... every meeting and no way his ego should be dented by having a w***er who thought HE could, ruck at AFL level all day... share his limelight even as 2nd fiddle!

Yze, definately not. Time is up my friend, you need to realise it.......

As I've stated previously, would only take White as a third option behind Jolly and Dan "The Man" Currie.....

Correct call earlier. If Jolly was to be seriously injured, would we like/want Currie and LRT as our ruck stocks???????

Re: Jeff White?

I think we could take him on a 1 year deal?If Spida is getting a game with us at the moment he is worth a shot..can understand why melb are letting him go, couldnt not be part of long term plans but I believe his form in the VFL has been good enough for senior selection..
No im not Jeff White;) but it would have to be at least considered if it wouldnt cost us too much?

Re: Jeff White?

Yze ... no! ... we have too many "Yzes" now!
White ... agree, worth a go for a year if the "price is right", and Spida retires to coaching. Generally though, you don't want struggling players from struggling sides, but Sydney does seem to find the key to them more often than not!;)

Yze, no thanks. White if we can get for nothing then may be worth having as backup for Currie and Jolly. Imagine if we were in for a shot at top 4 next season and Jolly were to go down with a long term injury. We'd have Currie and LRT in the ruck.

I would forget about trading for White. IMO Everitt has not worked for a number of reasons, mainly his susceptability to injury and recovery given his advanced years. We probably missed his best value by a year as in 2006 with him and Jolly we more than likely would have gone back to back ???

Everitt may have some on-going value as a ruck tutor for our up and coming ruckmen and probably should be retained in a ruck coaching role in conjunction with Jason Ball who IMO has been our best ruckman in the past ten years.

Is Jake Orreal, (currently injured) in contention for next season's ruck duties or is Currie considered to be more advanced in the ruck pecking order after Jolly ???

Is Jake Orreal, (currently injured) in contention for next season's ruck duties or is Currie considered to be more advanced in the ruck pecking order after Jolly ???

to my knowledge, when orreal came to the club, he knew less about the game than the irish boys

and the guy was built like a garden rake

so i reckon currie would have the slight wood over him at the moment

Andrew Lovett?

Hes up for trade, could be handy, with our leadership group, and under Goodseys and Micky O's wing, I think he would be handy! I know he has some baggage, and people on this board will bring up his off field behaviour and judge him, fair enough, but should we consider him? Hes an awsome un-tapped 'football' talent and very, very fast!

Re: Andrew Lovett?

We definitely need some pace in our team which makes it tempting but the off field stuff (he's a wife beater ffs) is really a turn off. I dunno. I'm gonna sit on the fence on this one.

the direction we should be looking at is rebuilding the footy club

we should really only consider players who can play atleast 70-80 games for the club

lovett probably meets the criteria (just)... so maybe for the right price, but with his baggage 3rd round pick

He's obviously got some problems, and certain off-field behaviour is a REAL concern, which would have to be addressed
But he can play, and he has the outside speed and skill we really need

Like MalchFan, I'll sit on the fence but I'd much rather chase someone like Lovett than a Ben Cousins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes up for trade, could be handy, with our leadership group, and under Goodseys and Micky O's wing, I think he would be handy! I know he has some baggage, and people on this board will bring up his off field behaviour and judge him, fair enough, but should we consider him? Hes an awsome un-tapped 'football' talent and very, very fast!
bigbez nice thread.i think lovett would be a good inclusion.

Id bbe happy to get Lovett but giving up our first pick should not be on the table. We need that first pick to get a young Full Forward.

What would Essendon want for him?

Theres no way the club would give up a first rounder for him. I'd hope we'd try and get him for a 3rd rounder, 2nd rounder at absolute most.

Id bbe happy to get Lovett but giving up our first pick should not be on the table. We need that first pick to get a young Full Forward.

What would Essendon want for him?

They seem keen to get rid of him, dunno what they will ask though..

how about maybe ablett for lovett....???could be in the double tt,lol,ablett gets it out of the centre to the forward line with a quick kick.most of them a blind kick.from centre bounce,but if u can dish it off to lovett in the middle he can carry and run and use it better,what does everyone think?/

how about maybe ablett for lovett....???could be in the double tt,lol,ablett gets it out of the centre to the forward line with a quick kick.most of them a blind kick.from centre bounce,but if u can dish it off to lovett in the middle he can carry and run and use it better,what does everyone think?/

I think I'd take that. Maybe try and get a 4th round pick out of them as well. Essendon seem to have a surplus of lightly built, pacey midfielders and we seem to have surplus of slow, solid, tough midfielders.

BB definitely worth a punt provided we don't lose a first round pick for him. I also believe we should have a RED HOT go at KERR, which I would be prepared to let a first round pick go for.

I would hope our leadership group would be able to knock any of the existing rough edges off each of them. IMO Lovett & Kerr both have the potential to be marquee players in the Sydney market towards getting increased membership and the all important bums on seats.

I reckon Amon Buchanan for Lovett would work well. Buchanan has finals experience and a tough body, attributes which Essendon severely lack, but which we have in abundance. Lovett has great pace, something Essendon have in abundance. The Bombers will also be looking for a player who is disciplined off the field (and I've heard no evidence to the contrary as far as Buchanan goes) that can set an example to the younger Bombers coming up. Sydney are good, if not quite as good as we all thought, given Hall's recent indiscretions and Davis' fall from grace, at turning bad boys good, if you like. Win-win for both teams. We could maybe grab a draft pick out of it as well, given Buchanan's premiership experience, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back