Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Andrew Lovett?

Lovett is a potential game-breaker, and could be used anywhere on the ground. I think we need someone like him (from a footy perspective).

I must have my head in the sand, I wasn't aware of his "wife-bashing". Look at what Greg Bird has done to his club, his reputation (not to mention his girlfriend!). Rather than sit in judgement (let he who is without sin) you have to weigh up the risk of it being de-stabilising.

I read the following on the Melbourne BF site:

BY BEATS:
"Would gladly take a secong rounder for Cameron Bruce or a younger player on the way through.someone like Jarred Moore from Sydney if they want an older player".
This was agreed on by another poster and I have heard people in Melbourne saying they would like to get Moore back here for their respective clubs.

I read the following on the Melbourne BF site:

BY BEATS:
"Would gladly take a secong rounder for Cameron Bruce or a younger player on the way through.someone like Jarred Moore from Sydney if they want an older player".
This was agreed on by another poster and I have heard people in Melbourne saying they would like to get Moore back here for their respective clubs.

id be happy to give up a 2nd round for Bruce but i wouldn't give Moore up though

the direction we should be looking at is rebuilding the footy club

we should really only consider players who can play atleast 70-80 games for the club

lovett probably meets the criteria (just)... so maybe for the right price, but with his baggage 3rd round pick

If it were going to be for a 3rd rounder, it wouldn't be from a team playing finals. Your 2nd rounder maybe. Perhaps we could package Lovett and Lovett-Murray for 2nd and 3rd rounders.

I reckon Amon Buchanan for Lovett would work well. Buchanan has finals experience and a tough body, attributes which Essendon severely lack, but which we have in abundance. Lovett has great pace, something Essendon have in abundance. The Bombers will also be looking for a player who is disciplined off the field (and I've heard no evidence to the contrary as far as Buchanan goes) that can set an example to the younger Bombers coming up. Sydney are good, if not quite as good as we all thought, given Hall's recent indiscretions and Davis' fall from grace, at turning bad boys good, if you like. Win-win for both teams. We could maybe grab a draft pick out of it as well, given Buchanan's premiership experience, etc.

While finals experience would be a gain for us, I don't think that a hard body is what we're lacking. With Lonergan, Houli, Hislop, Hocking, Reimers et al. coming through, and players like Welsh and Watson already developed, we're right in that area.

---

On the Essendon board, a possible trade involving McPhee and Lovett was mentioned. Obviously it was hypothetical, but what would be the Sydney perspective on Lovett + McPhee + 3rd round for 1st round + 2nd round? You'd be playing youselves out of the early rounds of the draft, but getting a mobile key forward and a pacy winger.

The thing is, it's a strong draft this year, so this year more than others, those high draft picks really become valuable. Last year I would have said yes with no hesitation, but this year...

I'd really like to see us go for Roe, Boyle and Lovett in the off season. Hang onto our first pick and try and snag these players by trading the likes of Davis , Ablett, Buchanan and maybe using our 2nd or 3rd rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Essendon board, a possible trade involving McPhee and Lovett was mentioned. Obviously it was hypothetical, but what would be the Sydney perspective on Lovett + McPhee + 3rd round for 1st round + 2nd round? You'd be playing youselves out of the early rounds of the draft, but getting a mobile key forward and a pacy winger.

Not in a million years. Sorry, but I reckon we should be keeping our draft picks as close as possible. With GC and WS to start raping the draft from 2011 onwards, and the Swans looking to start rebuilding, they're at a premium.

what ever happened to the "no d!ckhead" policy

i'm pretty sure wife basher fits that category

essendon keep propping up lovett and lovett-murray. they are rubbish in a rubbish side and they keep saying they want o'keefe or a 1st round pick for him.

these guys are worth 3rd rounder at best, they are no leaders, they are small forwards, which we have in abundance. we all know rioli, leon davis and co are simply better and have no baggage like wife-bashing.

we shouldnt touch this guy with a ten foot pole, unless its a 3rd rounder + one of rubbish guys like lrt or matthews.

Yep. Buchanan, Ablett or LRT, whichever the Bombers want. If it does end up being LRT though I'd want a 4th-5th rounder as well. His trade value is higher than the other two simply because he's a KP.

essendon keep propping up lovett and lovett-murray. they are rubbish in a rubbish side and they keep saying they want o'keefe or a 1st round pick for him.

these guys are worth 3rd rounder at best, they are no leaders, they are small forwards, which we have in abundance. we all know rioli, leon davis and co are simply better and have no baggage like wife-bashing.

we shouldnt touch this guy with a ten foot pole, unless its a 3rd rounder + one of rubbish guys like lrt or matthews.

Lovett-Murray is a key defender/third tall defender, and Lovett is a winger.

O'Keefe - I haven't heard him mentioned, and he is way better than the two combined. Don't listen to anyone who mentions him.
1st rounder - maybe, maybe, a late first rounder for the two and our third rounder, but that'd be pushing it.

I think that for the two, a 2nd rounder and a fringe player (LRT?) would be fair.

1st rounder - maybe, maybe, a late first rounder for the two and our third rounder, but that'd be pushing it.

I think that for the two, a 2nd rounder and a fringe player (LRT?) would be fair.

you guys aren't in a bargaining position

you guys have already stated he won't be at essondon next season

and teams aren't exactly throwing themselves over for lovett

and with ws and gc coming in, all the teams are going to hang onto their first pick like it was the golden ticket

so i can't see a first round pick traded at all, in any scenario... possibly fringe players and 2nd pick at best, if a trade eventuates

I'd be happy with a 3rd rounder/late 2nd rounder for Lovett to be honest. Probably 3rd round as unlike a few Essendon fans on here, I am not unrealistic. If Akermanis went for pick34, then Lovett is not worth any more than that.

I'd be happy with a 3rd rounder/late 2nd rounder for Lovett to be honest. Probably 3rd round as unlike a few Essendon fans on here, I am not unrealistic. If Akermanis went for pick34, then Lovett is not worth any more than that.

Yeah, 3rd rounder is the most I think anyone will pay. Its a fair assessment.

you guys aren't in a bargaining position

you guys have already stated he won't be at essondon next season

and teams aren't exactly throwing themselves over for lovett

and with ws and gc coming in, all the teams are going to hang onto their first pick like it was the golden ticket

so i can't see a first round pick traded at all, in any scenario... possibly fringe players and 2nd pick at best, if a trade eventuates

We are in the bargaining position, because we never stated he wouldn't be there. That's media speculation

I doubt a first rounder will be traded, but a second rounder will be the most likely outcome.

Yeah, 3rd rounder is the most I think anyone will pay. Its a fair assessment.

Exactly. There is one thing I hate the most about Bigfooty and AFL fans in general and that is they overate players like nothing before. Very few players and I mean that are worthy of first round trades. Lovett (a player with issues off field and one whom is as inconsistent as ever) is certainly not one of those players. 3rd rounder, maybe a late 2nd rounder but that is about it, and to be honest that is a fair trade. We get a extra pick and the Swans (or any other side) get a player who COULD be anything.

Exactly. There is one thing I hate the most about Bigfooty and AFL fans in general and that is they overate players like nothing before. Very few players and I mean that are worthy of first round trades. Lovett (a player with issues off field and one whom is as inconsistent as ever) is certainly not one of those players. 3rd rounder, maybe a late 2nd rounder but that is about it, and to be honest that is a fair trade. We get a extra pick and the Swans (or any other side) get a player who COULD be anything.

Couldn't agree more. Supporters generally seem to have NFI when it comes to trades and it's one of my pet hates too. So many seem to think that you can recruit stars by trading away a few fringe players and the fact the a player wears their own teams colors makes them more valuable.

Thankfully BF posters don't have any input at trade time otherwise trade week would be even more boring than it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back