Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must say as much as I like Rogers' candour, I'm not exactly sure why he needed to state this.

Anyone?
Is there a date put on that statement from Rogers? Perhaps it was made after Jaksch was drafted?
Either way, I'm glad that he didn't rate him as a top 40 pick back then and throw up pick 7 now!

I thought exactly the same thing when the news came out about the Swans yesterday.

I thought the opposite. I think Swans not being able to trade in will mean they will definitely keep Mitchell as is sure to get some game time the next 2 years.

It will be interesting what ramifications McCartney possible sacking has on our efforts to land Jones. From all reports he was one of the players who copped Macca's tough love in his end of season report...

Is this sacking talk a bit of a knee jerk reaction to appease Griffin. A tipping point perhaps? Feels like the cart leading the horse....

It will be interesting what ramifications McCartney possible sacking has on our efforts to land Jones. From all reports he was one of the players who copped Macca's tough love in his end of season report...

It is possible but Jones has met with us, we have shown him love and he doesn't know who the next coach will be.

OK, I am coming around to Whiley. He seems like a role player and will add to our mid depth. But his value is probably pick #61?
Hence our best possible trade with GWS looks like,
#7 = #19, #21 and #40.
#28 = Jacksch
#61 = Whiley.

Means GWS can use #7 for Griffen, #28 for Patful and we replace Jeffy with Whiley.
Carlton Picks #19, #21, #40, #46 (Jones?) #64

Adding KJ, MW and Jones means we get no real quality into the list, more like project/potential players.

Last edited:
GWS are definitely not going to pony up picks 4 and 7 for Griffen...cmon. Surely only one eyed Bulldog fans believe this
I think they will.

1. GWS already can't give enough games to the young talent on their list, they're literally overflowing with it.
2. They're locked into 2 late pick on academy players, and will probably finish off their draft by using a 3rd late pick to upgrade a rookie. They don't have any need for picks 4 & 7.
3. They really, really need Griffen.
4. I don't think GWS will look to screw the Dogs over (any more than they already have). They have a good reputation at the trade table, and want to be seen as a destination club so are super keen to make sure any players who want to play there get there.
5. The Griffen & Beams trades are different and there's no point comparing them.

You can see why Jacksch might be more tempting than a new kid.

1. He's had 2 years in the system and is getting close to be being physically ready for the demands on AFL
2. Whiley same as above, he's physically ready.
3. I'm sure we've done due diligence on these players and we see what they might become.
4. List balance, we keep hearing McKay and Rogers say we need more 20-21 year olds, this says to me we truly aren't rebuilding but re-generating we don't want to put in 5+ under 20's. But imagine the youthful ready kids we could be playing next year in the 1's, Buckley, Menzel, Johnson, Jacksch, Cripps, Graham, Giles... then our mid 20's players of Touhy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Yarran, Henderson, Casboult, Everitt, Curnow, Bell... with our senior (most 27-28yo) in Murphy, Thomas, Rowe, Jamison, Walker, Judd, Simpson, Carazzo... Can see we will be able to field a good team whilst still leaving our fresh recruits time to develop in the 2's before throwing them into the ones.

I thought exactly the same thing when the news came out about the Swans yesterday.
This started me thinking of a four team trade, i know will never happen, but I think it isnt too bad.

Blues lose pick 7 get Jaksch & Mitchell
Syd lose Mitchell & Reid get pick 6 (freeing up salary whilst adding a top youngster)
GWS lose picks 4, 19 & Jaksch get Griffen & pick 7
WB lose Griffen & pick 6 get picks 4, 19 & Reid

Thoughts?

For all of you complaining about O'Rourke - go have a look at his stats. Average. Or even below average if I'm being honest.

WB list manager

"KPF that dominate in a state league are hard to come by"

EVERYONE breaks out into laughter

A couple of days later

Whiney dominates in a BELOW AVERAGE state league, LETS GET HIM AS PART OF THE TRADE FOR #7

No-one bats an eye ..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CEO came out & said the captain left because he though McCartney was a crap coach. Not sure McCartney could or should stick around after that
And neither should Griffen...

Dogs have a real opportunity to change their culture right now, get what you can for Griffen and get a new coach and start to move Cooney and Minson on asap as well.

This started me thinking of a four team trade, i know will never happen, but I think it isnt too bad.

Blues lose pick 7 get Jaksch & Mitchell
Syd lose Mitchell & Reid get pick 6 (freeing up salary whilst adding a top youngster)
GWS lose picks 4, 19 & Jaksch get Griffen & pick 7
WB lose Griffen & pick 6 get picks 4, 19 & Reid

Thoughts?
Bit Modified. Maybe GWS give Sydney Pick 19?

Blues
INS: Jaksch and Mitchell
OUTS: Pick 7

Sydney
INS: Pick 7 and Pick 28
OUTS: Mitchell and Reid

GWS
INS: Griffin
OUTS: Pick 4, Pick 19 and Jaksch

WB
INS: Pick 4, Pick 19 and Reid
OUTS: Griffin and Pick 28

GWS giving too much for Griffin?

WB list manager

"KPF that dominate in a state league are hard to come by"

EVERYONE breaks out into laughter

A couple of days later

Whiney dominates in a BELOW AVERAGE state league, LETS GET HIM AS PART OF THE TRADE FOR #7

No-one bats an eye ..........
Only difference is that Whiley has good players keeping him out of the team & Jones doesn't have any. No biggie. Same same but different.

Dogs have a real opportunity to change their culture right now, get what you can for Griffen and get a new coach and start to move Cooney and Minson on asap as well.

Minson? No.

They'd be left without a ruckman. Campbell looks okay but is fairly raw and injury prone. Ayce hasn't come on as hoped and is arguably kept on the list to mentor his little brother.

OK, I am coming around to Whiley. He seems like a role player and will add to our mid depth. But his value is probably pick #61?
Hence our best possible trade with GWS looks like,
#7 = #19, #21 and #40.
#28 = Jacksch
#61 = Whiley.

Means GWS can use #7 for Griffen, #28 for Patful and we replace Jeffy with Whiley.
Carlton Picks #19, #21, #40, #46 (Jones?) #64

Adding KJ, MW and Jones means we get no real quality into the list, more like project/potential players.

Adding the same post in two separate threads? You're more confused than me.

Bit Modified. Maybe GWS give Sydney Pick 19?

Blues
INS: Jaksch and Mitchell
OUTS: Pick 7

Sydney
INS: Pick 7 and Pick 28
OUTS: Mitchell and Reid

GWS
INS: Griffin
OUTS: Pick 4, Pick 19 and Jaksch

WB
INS: Pick 4, Pick 19 and Reid
OUTS: Griffin and Pick 28

GWS giving too much for Griffin?

I thought Sydney cant trade in/out players? only picks?

So Trade Radio are reporting that McCartney has been given the boot and the WB should say to Griffen "We got rid of the guy you are fighting with, you are contracted and staying UNESS we get a STAR from the GWS". Suggestion was Boyd for #6 and Griffen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back