List Mgmt. Trade Targets 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand why you think he is a plodder. Rockliff is a gun. Would easily be in any starting midfield in the comp.

Name one impactful thing he's ever done. Note: Getting 40 uncontested possessions and kicking 35 of them sideways 20 metres to another uncontested player isn't 'impactful'.

He makes Kane Cornes look like Cyril Rioli.

Last edited:
Name one impactful thing he's ever done. Note: Getting 40 uncontested possessions and kicking 35 of them sideways 20 metres to another uncontested player isn't 'impactful'. He makes Kane Cornes look like Cyril Rioli.

Plus he's a massive dickhead.

Fun fact: Tom Rockliff was 7th in the AFL for average disposals. He was equal 117th for average inside 50's, equal 208th for running bounces, equal 122nd for average goals, and equal 161st for goal assists. I don't have access to metres gained stats but I bet he'd be way down there too.

I'll grant him that he's a very good tackler. Which makes him about as useful a footballer as Jake Barrett. We could spend a first round pick and 800k to get a very good tackler, or we could spend probably 200k and a token pick/DFA spot to get a very good tackler. I'll take option 2.

Plus he's a massive dickhead.

Quoted for truth.

Fun fact: Tom Rockliff was 7th in the AFL for average disposals. He was equal 117th for average inside 50's, equal 208th for running bounces, equal 122nd for average goals, and equal 161st for goal assists. I don't have access to metres gained stats but I bet he'd be way down there too.

I'll grant him that he's a very good tackler. Which makes him about as useful a footballer as Jake Barrett. We could spend a first round pick and 800k to get a very good tackler, or we could spend probably 200k and a token pick/DFA spot to get a very good tackler. I'll take option 2.

This is why Rockliff won't get $800k/season anywhere he plays, let alone with us. If he hasn't been able to do it at Brisbane who are light on for talent, he certainly won't be able to do it anywhere else, unless Tasmania are granted a team in the next year and have an extra million in their salary cap.

He'd be in our best 22 given how light our midfield is after our fab 3 but not worth it for what he would cost in a trade, let alone salary.

Aaron Black definitely looking for a new club. He's an interesting prospect, I'm not sure if the Kangas bringing in Waite forced their selection hand in regards to Black or whether they just didn't rate him that highly.
At the very least I'd expect the club to consider him, particularly only being 25 and would be inexpensive.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-05/roos-black-part-ways-freo-a-chance

If Aaron Black can't get ahead of Waite, then he's not worth a red cent.

I don't necessarily disagree but his situation does remind me of Schulz's albeit not exactly the same. He really could flourish as a 3rd tall more so than a 1st/2nd option KPF that Freo may need. There was a time that Waite used to tear us a new one regularly.

Quoted for truth.
All that really shows is he is not damaging inside the forward half, but the entire lions team is useless, which doesn't help those stats. You would see a completely different player at a better club. Anyways, I know my opinion is different to the norm on here, so not going to argue. I rate him and would pay 600k a year for him. Not 800k.
Jarred Waite was the best forward in the comp for the first 8 or so rounds before he got injured. North refused to drop their underperforming old forwards when they were losing, it was one of their biggest downfalls. Black should have definitely got games in the second half.

He would be a good get as will come cheap and I see potential there.

Anyone know what blacks stats are for the year in the 2nds?

Is there a reason he wasn't brought into their 1st side?

I don't necessarily disagree but his situation does remind me of Schulz's albeit not exactly the same. He really could flourish as a 3rd tall more so than a 1st/2nd option KPF that Freo may need. There was a time that Waite used to tear us a new one regularly.
We don't really need a worse version of a Waite-type capable of tearing apart shit sides.

If he's not free, would rather stick with new talent. Black turns 26 before he even could maybe play a game for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Schulz can't get a game a head of a nearly retired richo he isn't worth a cent
Yes, because Waite = Richo?

Tom Browne reporting Richmond will offer 2017 1st rd pick for Hartlett and that Hartlett also met Kangaroos today who are the two front runners. Kangas pick 12 would be ok with me

same deal with the roos as last year, haha, 2 firsts ?

really its a win for them as they save Salary cap space by waiting a year.

Black 26? Already.

I'd prefer us to stick with young talent as I don't think we are a realistic premiership threat next year.

When we are close like 2001-02 again then we can bring in mature missing pieces. But if he is cheap like trading a fringe halfback flanker for him then maybe.

Would we even try to give him game time? We gave Butcher none.

Black 26? Already.

I'd prefer us to stick with young talent as I don't think we are a realistic premiership threat next year.

When we are close like 2001-02 again then we can bring in mature missing pieces. But if he is cheap like trading a fringe halfback flanker for him then maybe.

Would we even try to give him game time? We gave Butcher none.
different player to Butch

Black would complement Dixon perfectly, as he is more of a lead up 3rd tall, whereas Dixon is the brute FF

he will come cheap, as he and North have agreed to part ways

What are the options to Black? Which KPF will cost almost nothing in trade. We need more than one forward. At worst, Black gives us another option for a few years. He's cheap, has played well at afl level in the past, complements our forwards and well he's cheap and about the only option. He is also not going to spend his entire time in rehab unlike Vardy. Anyway, if someone can think of a better option who will come to Port cheap please tell the club. (O'Brien is the only other option i can think of and few people rate him.)

Pick 12's not quite got that assuredness about it that we would like. I wonder if we ended up with it whether we would target a mid still or reach for Battle.
I don't know but if it was 12 and Black you'd suggest a mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back