List Mgmt. Trade Targets 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought clubs were prevented from trading away consecutive years first round picks meaning Tigers can't trade both this years and next years first round picks away?

Collingwood did it last year to get Treloar.

It's pretty rare so far for a team to trade only a first round future pick for a player. They want something tangible for the coming year. Lachie Henderson was an exception last year.

Collingwood did it last year to get Treloar.

It's pretty rare so far for a team to trade only a first round future pick for a player. They want something tangible for the coming year. Lachie Henderson was an exception last year.

Yeah so they did. There is some restriction on trading future picks I think, I just have no idea what it is.

This is the issue for me.
I wouldn't be gambling on the uncertainty of where an opponent will finish in 12 months time, even Richmond.

It should be a pretty simple equation, that we strive to get a pick inside the top 10.
If we do accept the Kangaroos pick 12, then Black would definitely need to be thrown in, but like Portia, I'm not at all convinced that he is AFL material any more.
I would.

We want picks this year could be a part of Prestia trade
Port
In - pick 6
Out - Hartlett + Ah Chee
G Coast
In - Ah Chee + 2017 1st via Rich
Out - Prestia
Richmond
In - Hartlett + Prestia
Out - pick 6 + 2017 1st pick
That would work for us and I think Richmond would be happy (we may need to throw in pick 45 to Richmond)... just depends what Gold Coast think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a weak mentality from any club to have and horrible for a coach to be in career saving mode rather than club fist

No it's not, its Risk Management.

The absolute worst position for the Club to be in from a list perspective, collateral damage to the fan base = memberships = $$$, and to the playing group would be to say we have traded our Vice Captain, a very good footballer for nothing this year and not sure what the following.

That's a lose/lose scenario for a Club in a fragile position at present.

If Hartlett did want to go to Richmond, and all Richmond were prepared to offer was a pick in the following years draft I'd be telling them "fine". Hamish can play for us next year and we'll talk again in 12 months time once we know what we would actually be selling him for.

Draft picks are overrated for the best part, unknown draft picks are massively overrated.

Not a bad position to be in.

Best available mid at #9... Reach for Battle at #12 or look at taking another potential slider mid.
If we picked up Barrett to bolster our midfield in the immediate term, and it sounds like he would be a decent contributor with highish ceiling, then reaching for Battle at 12 would be more attractive.

Mid with pick 9.
Battle with pick 12.
Pick 25-35 for Lobbe - target another mid
Use our current third and fourth round picks

Black as the other part of the Hartlett trade
Barrett for the third rounder we get for O'Shea
Vardy or Clark as depth ruck (although I'd love Nankervis)

Something similar to Black and the Roo's first pick (12) for Hammer may eventuate.
Roos 2017 first rounder thanks

Apparently Essendon are willing to trade pick #1 and have made it known to both Port and GWS.
giphy.gif

No it's not, its Risk Management.

The absolute worst position for the Club to be in from a list perspective, collateral damage to the fan base = memberships = $$$, and to the playing group would be to say we have traded our Vice Captain, a very good footballer for nothing this year and not sure what the following.
Mate, taking `low risk' decisions that see us getting less now instead of more later (Eg picks for players) is what has got our list in this schemozzle.

We've already spent two off seasons pretending that the only season that matters is the next one, and thats ****ed our list. Short-term decision making and worrying about unlikely `what ifs' is what has ****ed us into long-term contracts to meh players.

There are only 6 first round picks worse than #12 this year. There are 12 picks that are better. Even law of averages says random club's 2017 pick is better than what we can get now.

Further weighting it is that there are more needed player types for Port in 2017 than 2016, which makes 2017 better. And its expected to be deeper, which makes 2017 better.

2016 pick #12 vs a fading Kangaroos 2017 first rounder is an absolute no brainer. Next year please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back