Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis Young isn't getting a game either though, is he?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Lewis Young should be right on the target list , as should Will Hayward .
Would love to get Lachie Neale but he won't come home , who would ?
As for Ruckmen we need options , the bottle has been tapped .
What we will do , nothing .

Lewis Young should be right on the target list , as should Will Hayward .
Would love to get Lachie Neale but he won't come home , who would ?
As for Ruckmen we need options , the bottle has been tapped .
What we will do , nothing .
Young and O’Brien should be two targets for the future. I like Peter Wright as our future ruck man. A red head can’t stay in the Gold Coast for too long.

Young and O’Brien should be two targets for the future. I like Peter Wright as our future ruck man. A red head can’t stay in the Gold Coast for too long.
Tim O'Brien ? i like that , we need those rangy talls with athleticism and reach . All of ours are very cumbersome except Gov .

Well that sucks
I disagree, this draft is very good well into the 2nd round. Players like Jye Caldwell, Curtis Taylor, Connor Rozee, Tom Berry, Xavier Duursma, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Jack Bytel, Bailey Williams, Daly Andrews, Stefan Radovanovic, Jacob Kennerley, Tom McKenzie, Mitch Riordan off the top of my head are just some of the guys unlikely to go top10 at this point I'd love at Adelaide.

Last edited:
Tim O'Brien ? i like that , we need those rangy talls with athleticism and reach . All of ours are very cumbersome except Gov .
Yes Tim sorry, he has also indicated that he can play back so could be very useful. Especially if Lynch or McGovern leave. The club was extremely keen on him in his draft year but lost the pick due to the Tippett situation.

I disagree, this draft is very good well into the 2nd round. Players like Jye Caldwell, Curtis Taylor, Connor Rozee, Tom Berry, Xavier DuursmaRiley Collier-Dawkins, Jack Bytel, Bailey Williams, Daly Andrews, Stefan Radovanovic, Jacob Kennerley, Tom McKenzie, Mitch Riordan off the top of my head are just some of the guys unlikely to go top10 at this point I'd love at Adelaide.
That’s better

Tim O'Brien is pretty average
Respect your views very much Scorpus .
Whilst he has not reached his expected ceiling i think he has showed enough and was promising as a defender last year for the Hawks .

As a forward he has a great leap and is a good set shot for goal with range .
He also can pinch hit in the ruck and float as a utility .

At 24 he would be worth a punt as someone who can play a role for us , he seems like he could be a late bloomer .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thankful the poor kid didn't come to us this year only to be subjected to the CM camp...would've nearly been the end of him.

What you don’t think forcing him to re-live what depresses him over and over wouldn’t be useful? Soft. :)

Pick 5 + Melbourne’s Pick upgrade to pick 1 or 2 to get Jack.

My two cents as an outsider based on current ladder positions. Let’s say the Bulldogs bite at McGovern for 5, Melbourne drop to 8th and Sloane leaves as a FA that gives you picks 5 & 12. Would you in your heart of hearts trade Lukosious for picks 5 & 12? It’s also ignoring that Lynch is as likely to leave as a FA pushing those picks back to 13 and 6 respectively.

Again only my opinion, but if you end up with the bonkers draft hand that seems to be in the offing it might be advantageous to trade out one or two of those picks for established guys. Only an example, but Sloane out and Neale in with the compensation pick nets off and you’re still blessed with amazing draft prospects. You’ll get a look in at a few of the guys you’re speculating on in 3-5 years time anyway when you may not be in “win now” mode. Food for thought.

My two cents as an outsider based on current ladder positions. Let’s say the Bulldogs bite at McGovern for 5, Melbourne drop to 8th and Sloane leaves as a FA that gives you picks 5 & 12. Would you in your heart of hearts trade Lukosious for picks 5 & 12? It’s also ignoring that Lynch is as likely to leave as a FA pushing those picks back to 13 and 6 respectively.

Again only my opinion, but if you end up with the bonkers draft hand that seems to be in the offing it might be advantageous to trade out one or two of those picks for established guys. Only an example, but Sloane out and Neale in with the compensation pick nets off and you’re still blessed with amazing draft prospects. You’ll get a look in at a few of the guys you’re speculating on in 3-5 years time anyway when you may not be in “win now” mode. Food for thought.
1. Yes I would do that trade.
2. We would have Picks 5, 7 (ours), 8 (Sloane compo), 12, 15ish (Lynch trade), Pick 19 (Carlton), 2019 first and players like Jenkins, Atkins, Ellis-Yolmen, Kelly all also trade commodities.
3. Neale will be a FA next year or year after. Rather get him then because we need the draft picks this year (Lukosius, Rankine, Hately available).

Trade as much out and upgrade your first and second picks as much as possible. It will be a struggle to appeal to other players at other clubs due to the rumours and also the club's history regarding their handling and keeping of players. Gonna have to try and snare as much of the SA kids in this draft as possible and back their development.

No, i would get as many top draft picks as possible to attack this draft and set up our future

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am thinking luke dunstan still. Especially when we lose sloane.

Surely he could be a mid price option I think he is a free agent and saints arent going to well at the moment.

Unfortunately I havent watched too many saints games this year I remember him being decent two years ago.

Thanks for the contribution and it's not an unreasonable thought.

Personally with the state of our list and the quality of SA kids on offer, im hoping we don't spend a single cent on player trades and that every cent goes to maximising the amount and quality of picks we take to the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back