List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does nothing to our mid term needs to get in the window.

It kicks the can down the middling road for another 12-24 months.

That's true, so it's a question of price. A token pick for a reach is one thing. A early second rounder is another.

Mind you what’s the point in attracting gun mids when we have no one to feed it to them?

If dunks does come, it’ll surely nuke his career averages.. no more English silver servicing him all day long.

Tim English? The one who averages less hit outs than Scott Lycett?

Tim English? The one who averages less hit outs than Scott Lycett?
English takes contested marks all over the ground and feeds hands out the back to running midfield support. Can’t remember last time Lycett got his mitts to the ball first at a centre bounce, a lot of his tap work is ineffective over the past 18 months

English takes contested marks all over the ground and feeds hands out the back to running midfield support. Can’t remember last time Lycett got his mitts to the ball first at a centre bounce, a lot of his tap work is ineffective over the past 18 months

I'm not sure we're talking about the same Tim English. English averages around 5 marks a game. Granted he has Lycett covered there, but that's hardly taking contested marks all over the ground and feeding the midfielders.

Tim English's ruckwork is fairly average.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same Tim English. English averages around 5 marks a game. Granted he has Lycett covered there, but that's hardly taking contested marks all over the ground and feeding the midfielders.
That’s 5 more than Lycett 😂 English must have a pretty decent uncontested mark average then? Either way that the ‘21 prelim v WB was the last straw albeit against an underdone Stefanovich.

Tim English's ruckwork is fairly average.
Tim English is similar to Finlayson.. when ball hits the deck, extra midfielder

That’s 5 more than Lycett 😂 English must have a pretty decent uncontested mark average then? Either way that the ‘21 prelim v WB was the last straw albeit against an underdone Stefanovich.

English averages around 5 marks a game total.

He's an ok ruckman but that's all. I doubt players like Macrae, Bont, Hunter and Dunkley rely much on him to prove their capability as mids.

Dunkley here will do fine whoever we have rucking.

Whether Dunkley is worth pick 8, that's another question ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunkley is next year’s 1st.
Dogs may not like it but nobody is knocking it back and death riding Port may hold some appeal their supporters.
Dunkley is not this year’s 1st

Dunkley is next year’s 1st.
Dogs may not like it but nobody is knocking it back and death riding Port may hold some appeal their supporters.
Dunkley is not this year’s 1st
Rather trade this years first than next years. We could be anywhere from 5th to 15th next year.

English averages around 5 marks a game total.

He's an ok ruckman but that's all. I doubt players like Macrae, Bont, Hunter and Dunkley rely much on him to prove their capability as mids.

Dunkley here will do fine whoever we have rucking.

Whether Dunkley is worth pick 8, that's another question ...
English would be more valuable to us than Dunkley is so maybe pick 8 is a bit rich?

Realistically, what can Brisbane offer by way of picks? If Dunkley was concerned about a guarantee of a trade, surely we beat Brisbane with draft capital.

What happens if Brisbane give next years first to WB in trade week and then have to go into First Round deficit to get Ashcroft and Fletcher?

Could be a huge trade for us if we get the nod. Not just getting him, but getting a pick that will satisfy WC. Amon compo should be off the table. Even a downgrade from 20ish to 35-38 is trash given the likelihood of getting good players at those picks. Anything 30 onwards I can live with for Rioli even though I don't want him but an early 2nd round pick should be a 'sack the recruiting department' level trade.

Pick 8+51 for Dunkley +26 (which will slide into the early 30s) is pretty close to the mark although it might need a sweetener like a future 3rd going to WB. We get Dunkley, Rioli, a good prospect around pick 20-22, 2 late reach project players (I assume one of them might be Montgomery's kid?) and that is a decent off season.
I like your thinking; Pick 8+51 for Dunkley +26 albeit, 26 is the Eagles, so you may have meant 29:
Pick 8 (+51) for Dunkley + 29 where we flip 29 to the Eagles (and keep the Amon Compo).

Or, replace our Pick 8 with next year's first rounder.

I thought that but then realised we'd actually he better off speaking to Surj and lining him up at North Adelaide as he'd get paid way more.

Unless we have an off field role for him too.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
True.
Not that Dunkley would be spending much time in the 2s, so they aren’t playing together but this way they are both at the same club.

I like your thinking; Pick 8+51 for Dunkley +26 albeit, 26 is the Eagles, so you may have meant 29:
Pick 8 (+51) for Dunkley + 29 where we flip 29 to the Eagles (and keep the Amon Compo).

Or, replace our Pick 8 with next year's first rounder.

I think I had 26 as the WB's 2nd but counted wrong :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back