List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this didn't advance the plot very much :rolleyes:

Josh Dunkley gives insight into potential trade decision​

Bulldogs star Josh Dunkley has revealed his underlying motivations as he weighs up a potential trade.

Bulldogs star Josh Dunkley says he will make a decision on his future in the next week.

The midfielder is weighing up options at Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide and Brisbane.
“It’s tough,’’ Dunkley said.

“I’m not sure people understand how big a decision it is. It’s your life and you don’t want to be making the wrong decision. That’s what is taking time.
“Hoping in the next week or so to have made a call.”

The rest of the Adelaide Now article gushes over his and Tippah's preparations for Brownlow night!!

Bulldogs star Josh Dunkley has revealed his underlying motivations as he weighs up a potential trade.

Bulldogs star Josh Dunkley says he will make a decision on his future in the next week.

The midfielder is weighing up options at Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide and Brisbane.

“I’m not sure people understand how big a decision it is. It’s your life and you don’t want to be making the wrong decision. That’s what is taking time.

The rest of the Adelaide Now article gushes over his and Tippah's preparations for Brownlow night!!
Sounds like the sort who ponders over what cubicle to have a bog in checking the length of toilet roll and bowl condition.
By the time he’s made his mind up it’s all to late.

Should post this on the Bulldog's board. They love hearing about Tippah 😂

I'm not sure we're talking about the same Tim English. English averages around 5 marks a game. Granted he has Lycett covered there, but that's hardly taking contested marks all over the ground and feeding the midfielders.

Tim English's ruckwork is fairly average.
Just checking out ruck averages for ‘22 and the Englishman averages the same marks per game as Gawn @ 5.5/5.4 with only 3 less hitouts.. 27/23.. hardly an average ruckman based on those stats

In other words he prefers Brisbane.
Can we move on now..

Dunkley “MAY” be worth around pick 8 now after being part of a dominant WB midfield unit serviced by elite ruck but after moving to port his output will likely suffer at Lycetts feet.

Port draft impediment: late first (20)

Just checking out ruck averages for ‘22 and the Englishman averages the same marks per game as Gawn @ 5.5/5.4 with only 3 less hitouts.. 27/23.. hardly an average ruckman based on those stats

It's a really selective stat given Gawn played far less time in ruck this season than he has previously. English came 15th in the league for average number of hitouts per game.

You made a silly claim that English provides silver service all day long to the Dogs mids. That's just a nonsense. He's an ok ruckman who provides more support around the ground.

And just as further rebuttal to your assertion that Dunkley will be a lesser player at Port because of the ruck difference, Ollie Wines won the Brownlow Medal last year with Lycett rucking and Wines and Boak, both midfielders, had the highest combined total of any 2 players in the count.

Let it go.

It's a really selective stat given Gawn played far less time in ruck this season than he has previously. English came 15th in the league for average number of hitouts per game.

You made a silly claim that English provides silver service all day long to the Dogs mids. That's just a nonsense. He's an ok ruckman who provides more support around the ground.

And just as further rebuttal to your assertion that Dunkley will be a lesser player at Port because of the ruck difference, Ollie Wines won the Brownlow Medal last year with Lycett rucking and Wines and Boak, both midfielders, had the highest combined total of any 2 players in the count.

Let it go.
So he’s comparable to AA-Gawn in all stats for ‘22 but he’s an “average ruckman”.. ok I’ll let that go.

Meh. Get Dunkley - great. Don’t - use pick 8/9 and get a quality player in.

Get Rioli, pay slightly overs, and Evans and Francis, on the cheap.

Maybe have a swing at Henry, Rosas, or some DFAs. Have a late speculative pick or two, maybe van Es, rye, Tedcastle, etc.

Maybe lose a Hayes, Bonner, Clurey,

If we could somehow get Harry Barnett and/or Konstanty, that would be a huge draft and trade for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The longer the Dunkley decision drags out, the less I want him. He's known he wanted out for a while, make a decision. If you're not super pumped to play at Port, then **** off. The culture is the one good thing Hinkley has instilled. We don't need a guy playing for a pay cheque or losing interest in year 2-3 of a 5-6 year career at Port because he broke up with his GF or they moved to another team.

So he’s comparable to AA-Gawn in all stats for ‘22 but he’s an “average ruckman”.. ok I’ll let that go.

If you honestly believe English is an elite ruckman who makes Bontempelli, Macrae, Dunkley, Treloar and Hunter better players ok, I'll let that go.

If you honestly believe English is an elite ruckman who makes Bontempelli, Macrae, Dunkley, Treloar and Hunter better players ok, I'll let that go.
‘22 Gawn recorded his highest mark averages and English matched him. Their Disposals are negligible as well. I hear you re: wines and Boak out performing under lycett in ‘21 however, but maybe they’re just better players than Dunkley? Wines was an off tap inside beast in ‘21 and I can’t really see him recapturing that form unless our ruck stocks improve vastly.. his ‘22 sucked. Boak is Boak.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same Tim English. English averages around 5 marks a game. Granted he has Lycett covered there, but that's hardly taking contested marks all over the ground and feeding the midfielders.

Tim English's ruckwork is fairly average.

IF Sam Hayes' papers have been stamped package him with the Amon pick for Dunkley.

The Dog's board awhile ago were having kittens at the thought of English going down leaving them exposed.

I haven't been paying much attention to Dunkley and respected posters on here are all in for him so maybe I'm dreaming.

Worth a go tho', Rioli for anything but the Amon pick leaves us with a great opportunity to use 8 for a local high end talent.

‘22 Gawn recorded his highest mark averages and English matched him. Their Disposals are negligible as well. I hear you re: wines and Boak out performing under lycett in ‘21 however, but maybe they’re just better players than Dunkley? Wines was an off tap inside beast in ‘21 and I can’t really see him recapturing that form unless our ruck stocks improve vastly.. his ‘22 sucked. Boak is Boak.
I really dont rate English that highly. Maybe I'm being harsh but there are more than a few ruckmen I rate ahead of him.

To each their own, might not matter in the end anyway if Dunkley goes to Brisbane.

Following these threads closely of late and this pursuaded me to register and like .. too many nihilistic over zealous negative know all responses regarding hinkleys past and potential future failure/s. It’s as though people forget it’s only a game of inches and the current list is closer to clicking positively than falling apart
So another poster whos brand of positivity is just 'ah well, whats Ken supposed to do?'.

We're just a small battler club with (Premiership player) Scott Lycett in the ruck, and no other ruckmen on the list. You can't expect us to win a game.

The longer the Dunkley decision drags out, the less I want him. He's known he wanted out for a while, make a decision. If you're not super pumped to play at Port, then * off. The culture is the one good thing Hinkley has instilled. We don't need a guy playing for a pay cheque or losing interest in year 2-3 of a 5-6 year career at Port because he broke up with his GF or they moved to another team.
Dunkley is starting to pi$$ me off.
Maybe better off drafting Tippah at least she can make up her mind.

I really dont rate English that highly. Maybe I'm being harsh but there are more than a few ruckmen I rate ahead of him.

To each their own, might not matter in the end anyway if Dunkley goes to Brisbane.
You’ll find he was the in form ruck leading up to his injury in ‘22 and the games I saw he adds a lot to that group. (Except Bont!!) They’ve certainly been spoilt in there that’s for sure. If you remove Gawn or after his output dropped off Oliver and tracs’ numbers followed also. Ollies ‘21 was a skewed outlier by the looks of it.

I can’t see Dunks providing what we need .. living in hope esp @ pick 8.

Rucci is 95% sure that we’re getting Dunkley.

If he goes to Brisbane, watch rucci slither out of his comment with:

"That was on the proviso he announces his decision tomorrow. I never said he was 95% if he announced his decision on Saturday"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back