List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me, it was more a lifestyle choice and the opportunity to move north. My partner Tippah is from Queensland, so that’s where we sort of see ourselves settling in.

“She’s now playing netball in Adelaide but once she’s done in Adelaide playing netball, we’ll move up there and settle down with a family I think.

“It’s a good opportunity to move up now and build the foundations, but also I think the footy opportunity comes with it as well.

“They’ve built such a great list. I’m really excited to be able to play in the midfield and play my role for a team and hopefully have some success as well.”

Dunkley had also attracted significant interest from Port Adelaide, who reportedly believed they were in the box seat to secure the midfielder’s signature.

But a strong initial relationship with Chris Fagan was one of the aspects that sealed the deal.

“It was more around the team and the way I fit in,” Dunkley responded when asked why he chose the Lions over other interstate teams.

“The lifestyle was obviously there... but at the same time, I’ve built a really good relationship with Chris Fagan and Dom (Ambrogio) the list manager.

“That’s not to say I didn’t have a good relationship elsewhere with Port Adelaide and the likes and even at the Dogs, so I thought it was a great opportunity for me that I couldn’t really pass up.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back