List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you think Boak is the same conversation as Ablett and Lockett then...well.... ok.
Ablett
And Locket also got their teams to a GF, one kicking a score after the siren to get that spot. Ablett also nearly single handed won Geelong the GF in an all time epic game. heck
hawthorn

Yes Rozee's last 8 weeks have been brilliant. They're the 8 games I was referring to because JHF and Butters haven't played a genuinely good midfield game between them ever (pinch hitting doesn't count).

And Boak is the definition of an overachiever lol, absolutely not a serial underachiever.

Butters had 36 disposals and a goal against Essendon last year, that was genuinely pretty good. Two weeks later he was injured in the Richmond game and hasn't got back to that level since. He was a genuine exciting prospect though and I think you are underselling just how good he CAN be.

Butters had 36 disposals and a goal against Essendon last year, that was genuinely pretty good. Two weeks later he was injured in the Richmond game and hasn't got back to that level since. He was a genuine exciting prospect though and I think you are underselling just how good he CAN be.
I worry permanent midfield with his frame isn’t going to work, even though he’s tough as nails.

I’d have him in the R Gray mould, FWD with some midfield minutes. It’s what we need also. SPP could move to more midfield minutes and use his size and aggression better

End of first round draft pick with that offer?

I would think so, but who knows with the AFL's secret herbs and spices recipes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think so, but who knows with the AFL's secret herbs and spices recipes?
Secret herb formula

Vic club best pick upgrade without getting caught being biased. Non Vic worst pick upgrade without appearing biased

AFL gives us Band 1 compo on the proviso we trade both picks to North for Horne-Francis, in the same manner that Motlop got Geelong end of first round compo so they could trade it to Gold Coast for Ablett.

Port gets the extra mid that they need to compete with the really good teams.

North gets an extra top ten draft pick that they desperately need.

The AFL addresses the problem with North without compromising the draft too much by assigning a priority pick.

Horne-Francis gets to go home and ply his trade.

It's a new James Frawley deal. Everyone is happy.

Kane Cornes believes Port Adelaide should weigh up making a play for Hawthorn midfielder Tom Mitchell.

AFL gives us Band 1 compo on the proviso we trade both picks to North for Horne-Francis, in the same manner that Motlop got Geelong end of first round compo so they could trade it to Gold Coast for Ablett.

The AFL addresses the problem with North without compromising the draft too much by assigning a priority pick.

I admire your optimism, and would love to see this happen, but I doubt it.

Kane Cornes believes Port Adelaide should weigh up making a play for Hawthorn midfielder Tom Mitchell.

We land JHF we are a couple of years away from having a pretty awesome midfield. Mitchell doesn't belong here for the same reasons the Hawks would trade him.

Geelong were controversially awarded the same compensation for free agent Steven Motlop as the Brisbane Lions received for Tom Rockliff partly because of the one-year age difference between the pair.

Motlop, who surprisingly earned the Cats an end-of-first-round choice (pick 18), just scraped into the same compensation ‘‘band’’ as Rockliff, who was paid close to $100,000 a season more than the ex-Cat over the same period and whose salary nearly delivered the Lions pick No.2 in the 2017 national draft.

<SNIP>

The AFL then allocates up to 12 additional points for a player’s age. At 25 (as of October 31), a player receives the maximum of 12 points, a 26-year-old earns another 10 points, 27-year-olds gain another 8, 28 brings 6 and so forth, with a 30-year-old worth just 2 extra points.

<SNIP>

Motlop is understood to have been right at the bottom of the band for players who earn an end-of-first-round draft pick, while Rockliff - who was paid an estimated $650,000-$700,000 by Port - was right at the top of that band and not far from earning the Lions pick No.2.

Extrapolating for a sec that this is all correct (which is probably crazy), we are saying back at the end of 2017, 650K-700K wasnt "quite" enough for band 1 compo.

Rockliff would have been 27 at 31st Oct
Motlop would have been 26
Amon wll be 27 on 31 OCt - so we dont get the 'Motlop age' bonus.

So for band 1 someone if it were 2017 would have had to pay > 650-700K.... I think we are firmly in the band 2 end of first round camp unless theres a way to be creative. (but I think that would require us to find a way to either take a player off the destination clubs hands for cap relief, or trade a player to them and pay some of their salary and get real creative - which is all getting murky)
Essentially though if a club would offer him 2 years at really good money based on a quid-pro-quo with us to get us band 1, then renegotiate after a year it gets done - but the AFL wouldnt look at it kindly I suspect.

Note - I think I had heard someone dispute Rockliffs salry at some point ... so who knows

This but end of first round compo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back