List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody papa g...

I just watched it. Caro and then Lyon basically said exactly what I have been saying. But people have been saying that I'm thick because Boak can just walk to North as a free agent. Yes this is technically correct, but without massive, massive incentives (with probably AFL backed assistance) why would he go? The place is a complete stinking shit heap. This is why a plan (and as much as we don't like it AFL intervened and orchestrated) where he goes to North and we get JHF (with other sweeteners to North). I'm really surprised after all these years you people question me.

I just watched it. Caro and then Lyon basically said exactly what I have been saying. But people have been saying that I'm thick because Boak can just walk to North as a free agent. Yes this is technically correct, but without massive, massive incentives (with probably AFL backed assistance) why would he go? The place is a complete stinking s**t heap. This is why a plan (and as much as we don't like it AFL intervened and orchestrated) where he goes to North and we get JHF (with other sweeteners to North). I'm really surprised after all these years you people question me.
Or we could keep him and he continues showing our young guys what they need to do to become professional football players...

Why would the **** Boak go to norf... I would retire before doing that.

Boak would be a typical Geelong pick up.

Papa's Arrow

animation winning GIF by Disney Pixar

All those numbers look pretty good but the problem is people don’t remember them.
What they do remember is stand out clangers in critical times in big games.
Hope he can be kept at the club after he finishes footy.
1657160492307.png

Almost a full clanger less per game in the finals compared to his career. I suppose its possible that he saved those 2.4 clangers up for the most critical parts of the entire game, though statistically implausible. As for clangers in 2020 and 2021 which were ever so slightly higher maybe he was starting to lose hope that as he reached 32+ years of age that his team mates would get around him and push him towards a premiership which he bloody well deserved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1441108

Almost a full clanger less per game in the finals compared to his career. I suppose its possible that he saved those 2.4 clangers up for the most critical parts of the entire game, though statistically implausible. As for clangers in 2020 and 2021 which were ever so slightly higher maybe he was starting to lose hope that as he reached 32+ years of age that his team mates would get around him and push him towards a premiership which he bloody well deserved.
Or tired from carrying the team on his shoulders....

View attachment 1441108

Maybe it’s those handful of misses at goal at critical times people remember most.
As I said I hope we can keep him around the club after his footy days are over.

Probably going to absolutely cop it for this but……

Why would North go for Boaky? Look I love Trav as much as the next bloke but the guy has won sweet **** all across his career. The utmost professional, and a great player absolutely but he’s overseen one of the least successful periods for our club. North want someone like Hodge, a champion leader who knows what it takes to win premierships and create a winning culture. Trav doesn’t have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back