List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree. he really impressed me in the GF against the maggies. At the very least he would more than cover the loss of Frampton
Didnt kick a goal in the GF.

Got a few kicks when he went on to the ball to chop out White, but Frampton actually was better as a forward than "Bean", and that's in our disfunctional game plan, as distinct from Glenelg's well crafted forward entry system.

I think Tredrea was pretty pragmatic about the whole trade period .

He mentioned the coaching style of Bassett v Monty ..... front shoulder v back shoulder defensive approach. Back shoulder would definitely have been more Dougs style as hes not that strong body on body, but his pace would help effectively playing from behind.

Tredrea also defended Cripps as you say but did call out Kane for going hard because of a personal agenda against him (Cripps effectively tried to move Kane out).
Ah now the Cripps Kane stuff makes sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll be successful in bringing in the delisted players we're targeting as long as other clubs show no interest. Bad enough that we can't attract listed players but not being able to attract unlisted players would be a new level of shitness.

Newnes would be a good pick up.

I like Knight, i like his pace.

I was big on JH in his draft year but hes just not done anything.

I think wines should be stripped of captaincy. Give it to Jonas for a few years and in thst time wines can decide where he wants to play. If he stays, he is next in line.
A few years, Jonas is on his last legs now and should be nowhere near the captains role.

Lycett for captain till Duursma or Rozee come of age. Townsend, Newnes, Knights and Buzza, Welcome to Port Adelaide. The place where your career comes to blossom or end.

A few years, Jonas is on his last legs now and should be nowhere near the captains role.

Yet after boak gave up the role so many people wanted him as captain. I'm not saying he was my preferred choice. And I'd definitely like to see Lycett captain. But it think it's highly unlikely both will be stripped, as that is conceding wrong choices we're made, and our stubborn w***er of a coach would rather flog a dead horse than admit he was wrong

Nah. What you're doing is the equivalent of saying that Tom Mitchell isn't Hawthorn's best midfielder anymore because he did nothing this year.

Oh so Steven is a brownlow medalist 26 year old entering his peak years, not a bloke turning 30 who is coming off an awful season where he was unfit, a clanger king and looked way past it. That makes sense..

Steven as past his prime (and 10-15kg overweight, absolute butcher of a ball, looking like a slow plodder out there) is a lot more comparable to Murphy than a player entering his prime in Mitchell.

I usually agree with nearly everything you say but this one if way off.

I'll eat crow if Steven comes out and is an absolute gun of a player next year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back