List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luko is special and he is Rozee's best mate. If he wants to return we would be in a prime position and should pay what it takes.

Good mates, yes. Best mates, no. This connection has been a tad overhyped from day 1.

The closest example you're going to get is Tom Boyd to the Bulldogs for Pick 8 and Ryan Griffen (which if you counted Boyd as Pick 1, would have been worth Pick 10).

Since Luko was Pick 2, you're looking at something along the lines of Pick 10 and 15 this year.

And if Gold Coast says 'No deal'...you've got the Schache deal to consider. He was a Pick 2 as well...and traded to the Bulldogs for 25 and 40 after his second year.

Before you say 'Luko is better'...that's not the point. The reason why top ten draft picks are gold is because you get a talented player on your list for two years to augment your stars and possibly give them the boost needed to push them over the top to a flag (think Joel Selwood in 2007) while paying them a fixed income set by the AFL.

Gold Coast will have taken a huge bite out of Luko's salary cap relief value by playing him for 19 games. Let's put it this way: if Luko plays the exact number of games next year as this year (21), it will be $191k for 2019 vs $252k for 2020.

$252k might not seem a lot...but remember, if a player is traded and is under contract, they can't play for less than what they would have received at their original club if they had played every game. So in Luko's case, we would have to pay around $280k base...which is around $400k per season.

So pretty much what Burton got. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if it was more than that. Josh Schache was offered $350k base + $110k in match payments + $40k in incentives to re-sign with Brisbane in 2017. $500k a season.

So when people say 'Adelaide have pick 4' or whatever, it makes no difference if they can't afford Luko. Do you think they've got an extra $400-$500k a season lying around? I don't.

Surely Wines wouldn't go to GC anyway.

It would have to be Wines to Vic for Pick4/5/6.

4/5/6 plus Solid player/s to GC plus later pick swaps.

Maybe Pick 4 plus Sam Gray and Drew/Atley for Luko?

The closest example you're going to get is Tom Boyd to the Bulldogs for Pick 8 and Ryan Griffen (which if you counted Boyd as Pick 1, would have been worth Pick 10).

Since Luko was Pick 2, you're looking at something along the lines of Pick 10 and 15 this year.

And if Gold Coast says 'No deal'...you've got the Schache deal to consider. He was a Pick 2 as well...and traded to the Bulldogs for 25 and 40 after his second year.

Before you say 'Luko is better'...that's not the point. The reason why top ten draft picks are gold is because you get a talented player on your list for two years to augment your stars and possibly give them the boost needed to push them over the top to a flag (think Joel Selwood in 2007) while paying them a fixed income set by the AFL.

Gold Coast will have taken a huge bite out of Luko's salary cap relief value by playing him for 19 games. Let's put it this way: if Luko plays the exact number of games next year as this year (21), it will be $191k for 2019 vs $252k for 2020.

$252k might not seem a lot...but remember, if a player is traded and is under contract, they can't play for less than what they would have received at their original club if they had played every game. So in Luko's case, we would have to pay around $280k base...which is around $400k per season.

So pretty much what Burton got. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if it was more than that. Josh Schache was offered $350k base + $110k in match payments + $40k in incentives to re-sign with Brisbane in 2017. $500k a season.

So when people say 'Adelaide have pick 4' or whatever, it makes no difference if they can't afford Luko. Do you think they've got an extra $400-$500k a season lying around? I don't.

Adelaide will have a decent amount of their cap available as well as the salary dump coming when they offload Betts, Jenkins and Jacobs. Plus theyll either front/backload the contract to make it fit anyway. Boyd earned something crazy like $1.6m in his first year at the Dogs for this very reason

need a kpf that stays on the park, not paying a premium for a kpf who can’t complete a season.

17 games this year (out of 20) is the most Wood has managed in a season, so hes being trade baited precisely because he’s peaked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide will have a decent amount of their cap available as well as the salary dump coming when they offload Betts, Jenkins and Jacobs. Plus theyll either front/backload the contract to make it fit anyway. Boyd earned something crazy like $1.6m in his first year at the Dogs for this very reason

Macca, what club is going to give the Crows a significant salary dump for the contracted among those three? Partial at best

need a kpf that stays on the park, not paying a premium for a kpf who can’t complete a season.

17 games this year (out of 20) is the most Wood has managed in a season, so hes being trade baited precisely because he’s peaked

Out injured again omitted this week!.

Macca, what club is going to give the Crows a significant salary dump for the contracted among those three? Partial at best

Depends where they land. GWS struggle to stay under the cap, GC struggle to pay the minimum etc.

Man fu** Carlton. I’ll be so pi**ed if their stupid trade actually costs us Lukosius.
If we miss out of Luko because of Carlton's trade I will be more pissed than when we traded Wingard.

I love Duurs and wouldnt trade him but I want Luko and Hately added to our list so bad.

Who was the last player to go to a 2 team town and not get to the team he wanted because club A couldn’t get the deal done or the club B had more to offer pick wise???

Take away the 2 team part of you can’t name one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back