Trade Targets

Who would you most like the Pies to secure (at the going rate)?

• Troy Chaplin (PA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brent Prismall (Gee)

• Daniel Harris (Kan)

• Robert Warnock (Fre)

• Michael Rischitelli (BL)

• Andrew Walker (Car)

• Brent Reilly (Ade)

• Josh Carr (Fre)

• Andrew Lovett (Ess)

• Ben McKinley (WCE)

• Mark Seaby (WCE)

• Jonathon Griffin (Ade)

• Daniel Kerr (WCE)

• Brendon Lade (PA)

• Jeff White (Mel)

• Nick Dal Santo (STK)

• Adam Thomson (PA)

• David Johnson (Gee)

• Tim Boyle (Haw)

• Other (please post below)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One or two of Rischitelli, Reilly, Adcock would be ideal in my book but think they will be tough to get for a value we would be prepared to give. Reilly might be the one here but I rate Rischitelli highly. Unfortunately, so do Brisbane.

I don't think I would give up Goldsack for Prismall as mdc mentioned but in another thread I have said I would consider it for Reilly. As good as I think Goldsack will be, we have other back flankers and you have to give up quality to get quality. Any thoughts of Lonie for Reilly or similar are just too far fetched.

I'd be more inclined to draft a ruckman than trade for a Griffin or Warnock. We acquired Wood last trade period and we need to put game time in to him. Once he has developed, our draft pick ruckman or Keefe should be ready for some game time as Fraser is phased out.

You would take Kerr in a heartbeat but I don't think we can get the deal done without trading Didak and I am in favour of keeping Didak at this stage. If the club does decide to trade Didak then it should only be to get Kerr.

i think we need a tagger. not convinced we have any prospects for that spot so would put fwd Bannister as a target who would be cheap.

I think you're right. Still not sure if Cook can do the job but we know Toovey can not. David Johnson may be an option here although I am not sure if he has a midfield engine.

chaplin prismall harris reilly rischitelli adcock

any of those and i would be happy lol

chaplin would be handy, means we have browny and chaplin to take FB and CHB possies

prismall and adcock to give us some more midfield depth

harris rischatelli reilly would be good for some grunt in the midfield.

I'm not a fan of Rischatelli, but can see how someone would rate him over Prismall. Lovett on the other hand :eek:

As for the poll, it's difficult to say.

For example, if we can get Kerr for 2 late first-round picks, I'd be all over it. Pick 3 + Pick 9 (or whatever they were asking), then pass.

I like Harris, but if we take an inside mid with our first he becomes somewhat surplus. Prismall's probably unrealistic tbh, as Geelong will get a high 2nd rounder from some team, which would trump our offer.

Reilly and Walker would be good gets, but at what price? Both have massive injury concerns, but neither would be let go cheaply.

With all that sort of thing in mind, if I were Hiney, I'd make the following offers:
- 1st rounder + Reid for Kerr. I would be prepared to go as high as 1st rounder + Thomas, if Kerr passed all injury/character assessments with flying colours.
- Goldsack for Prismall; our second rounder won't be good enough, and Geelong might see Goldsack as a replacement for Milburn/Harley etc...who are all getting a bit long in the tooth.

Now, those are obviously aggressive offers, but I believe would benefit all parties involved and make us a better, more balanced, team.

If those don't work out (and in reality, they won't), have a crack at Harris or Reilly. Who we go for would depend on who's taken with our 1st rounder.

Thank god you are not running the club!

This thread really shows that exposure is everything. Prismal is being talked about contstantly because his VFL form is so good and he comes up and does ok at AFL level and people are baffled at him not getting a game, it appears people take the recognition of his name and link it to how good he is as a footballer and think he'd be a star in any team and that is simply not true.

^ You're spot on.

The one player not to have received a vote yet is Adam Thomson, I assume because no one watches Port games. Here's his write up in the AFL Prospectus;

"Thomson has showed signs he can make it as an inside midfielder at the highest level despite playing only 21 games in his three seasons and struggling for game time. He made six appearances at AFL level in 2007, ranking third at the Power in disposals per minute as he won the ball more than 15 times in each of those games. Despite an average of just 71 minutes game time he averaged five clearances per game, giving him the best rate of any player in 2007 at winning clearances given how much time he spent on the field. While his kicking was again in the poor category, as an inside player he fed out twice as many handballs as kicks and also managed three tackles per game."

Now I know we're all against players with poor footskills, but no votes at all for a 21yr old mid taken at #11 in 2004?

^ You're spot on.

The one player not to have received a vote yet is Adam Thomson, I assume because no one watches Port games. Here's his write up in the AFL Prospectus;

"Thomson has showed signs he can make it as an inside midfielder at the highest level despite playing only 21 games in his three seasons and struggling for game time. He made six appearances at AFL level in 2007, ranking third at the Power in disposals per minute as he won the ball more than 15 times in each of those games. Despite an average of just 71 minutes game time he averaged five clearances per game, giving him the best rate of any player in 2007 at winning clearances given how much time he spent on the field. While his kicking was again in the poor category, as an inside player he fed out twice as many handballs as kicks and also managed three tackles per game."

Now I know we're all against players with poor footskills, but no votes at all for a 21yr old mid taken at #11 in 2004?

Then why is not getting games for Port?

But does sound the Right kind of Player we need

^ You're spot on.

Yep I'd admitt I haven't seen him play and hence wouldn't and didn't vote. I'd assume off that write up he'd be close to the same in value for us as Harris and would probably come cheaper and is younger.

I think Rielly is the one I am really suprised at. If he was avalible he would be my number 1 target above Kerr. Rielly will likely come a little cheaper, is younger. When up and fit Rielly is serious A grade midfield material. Keeping him on the park has been a problem, but from what I can gather it is different injuries everytime so it's not a reoccuring injury.

This thread really shows that exposure is everything. Prismal is being talked about contstantly because his VFL form is so good and he comes up and does ok at AFL level and people are baffled at him not getting a game, it appears people take the recognition of his name and link it to how good he is as a footballer and think he'd be a star in any team and that is simply not true.

I don't know that too many are saying that.

However, he has managed 20+ disposals in every game he's played this year bar one, and his disposal is good. In short, he can play football.

Yeah, he might have weaknesses, but you're rarely going to get a star with a 2nd round pick (in all likelihood the asking price).

^ You're spot on.

Definitely worth a look. I have not seen him play and to be honest did not see his name on the list. His name has been thrown about on the trading threads as almost a near certainty to go to the Crows.

Hopefully one of our recruiters has been watching him in the SANFL and will provide an assessment.

Some more that could be looked at as they seemed to lose opportunity this year and might look for a fresh start are Selwood at Brisbane, McGlynn at Hawthorn and Duffield at Freo.

Deffinately Dal Santo and Reilly. We deserately need foot speed and excellent foot skills in the middle. These 2 are in the top 12 field kicks in comp.

We also have Didak, Davis and Clarke who are also in the best 12 field kicks in the comp.

Can you imagine how potent our full strength forward line would be with Dal Santo, Reilly, Didak, Davis, Clarke and Pendlebury delivering it lace out every time!!!!

Pick 9 to St Kilda for Dal Santo.
Pick 27 + R Shaw to Adelaide for Reilly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm admit i am a fan of prismall, but in say that i don't think he is the answer to our problems but he would be very handy. as i have previously said harris is a one trick pony and i am not a fan. reilly would be a good get as well but i wouldn't give up too much for him. and as for kerr the WCE wants too much and i don't think he is worth it. he is a star but is yet to reach his best form again, especially without judd and cousins by his side. now without braun and chad fletcher being a hack alot has fallen onto kerr and injuries have prevented us from seeing what he can do when he is the chief mid fielder. i would like to see:

cousins, prismall and reilly

Deffinately Dal Santo and Reilly. We deserately need foot speed and excellent foot skills in the middle. These 2 are in the top 12 field kicks in comp.

We also have Didak, Davis and Clarke who are also in the best 12 field kicks in the comp.

Can you imagine how potent our full strength forward line would be with Dal Santo, Reilly, Didak, Davis, Clarke and Pendlebury delivering it lace out every time!!!!

Pick 9 to St Kilda for Dal Santo.
Pick 27 + R Shaw to Adelaide for Reilly

we have a better upgraded version of dal santo... PENDLES! dal santo hasn't had a stunning year and i think pick 9 would be too much.

Well of course you'd take Kerr, but that won't happen.

If you're going to recruit a existing player you have to be able to win the trade, so probably Prismall.

Well of course you'd take Kerr, but that won't happen.

If you're going to recruit a existing player you have to be able to win the trade, so probably Prismall.

true that, BIG-E, (still can't believe the nba didn't over turn that buzzer beate result:D)....

i hope with kelly, mackie, wojinski available for the cats that prismall gets dropped, that will make him real dirty miss another flag and want out!

true that, BIG-E, (still can't believe the nba didn't over turn that buzzer beate result:D)....

i hope with kelly, mackie, wojinski available for the cats that prismall gets dropped, that will make him real dirty miss another flag and want out!

What about the round 9 sugar ray knockout.

That was my best day.

What about the round 9 sugar ray knockout.

That was my best day.

came out of no where, that may just have been your finest victory. i look forward to some tennis very soon mate!

just geezed at the geelong board, rooke is back too it is playing into our hands to get prismall!

came out of no where, that may just have been your finest victory. i look forward to some tennis very soon mate!

just geezed at the geelong board, rooke is back too it is playing into our hands to get prismall!

There's going to be a few clubs sniffing around him, and Geelong are less likely to deal him to us than say an Essendon who are sitting in the bottom 5.

Some people look at us as the only team that can challenge Geelong with our game plan so they would be pretty reserved to the fact they don't want to make us better.

We probably need to convince Prismall to come to the club and give up a little more than others if we want to get him.

Is he out of contract?

Yep I'd admitt I haven't seen him play and hence wouldn't and didn't vote. I'd assume off that write up he'd be close to the same in value for us as Harris and would probably come cheaper and is younger.

I think Rielly is the one I am really suprised at. If he was avalible he would be my number 1 target above Kerr. Rielly will likely come a little cheaper, is younger. When up and fit Rielly is serious A grade midfield material. Keeping him on the park has been a problem, but from what I can gather it is different injuries everytime so it's not a reoccuring injury.
What about staight swap: Reilly for Didak? We really need some forwards.

Brent Prismall
Daniel Harris
Michael Rischitelli
Adam Thomson
Daniel Kerr
David Johnson

Those are all players that I would pay the likely price to pick up - I think David Johnson could be a good small defender, at least in terms of doing the shut down job, and the appeal of the others is more obvious.

There's going to be a few clubs sniffing around him, and Geelong are less likely to deal him to us than say an Essendon who are sitting in the bottom 5.

Some people look at us as the only team that can challenge Geelong with our game plan so they would be pretty reserved to the fact they don't want to make us better.

We probably need to convince Prismall to come to the club and give up a little more than others if we want to get him.

Is he out of contract?

we can offer him a world class trianing facility, big game experience, no VFL football and plenty of responsibility and game time in the guts. but your right it will depend on his contract and what geelong see as fair. it would take draft picks as geelong are pretty right at the moment in most areas and wouldn't require a certain type of player. although they are short of true *******s so toovey maybe?????:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Targets

Back