Trade Targets

Who would you most like the Pies to secure (at the going rate)?

• Troy Chaplin (PA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brent Prismall (Gee)

• Daniel Harris (Kan)

• Robert Warnock (Fre)

• Michael Rischitelli (BL)

• Andrew Walker (Car)

• Brent Reilly (Ade)

• Josh Carr (Fre)

• Andrew Lovett (Ess)

• Ben McKinley (WCE)

• Mark Seaby (WCE)

• Jonathon Griffin (Ade)

• Daniel Kerr (WCE)

• Brendon Lade (PA)

• Jeff White (Mel)

• Nick Dal Santo (STK)

• Adam Thomson (PA)

• David Johnson (Gee)

• Tim Boyle (Haw)

• Other (please post below)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

we can offer him a world class trianing facility, big game experience, no VFL football and plenty of responsibility and game time in the guts. but your right it will depend on his contract and what geelong see as fair. it would take draft picks as geelong are pretty right at the moment in most areas and wouldn't require a certain type of player. although they are short of true *******s so toovey maybe?????:D

If the club seriously thinks he is what we need then we have something better than a 2nd round draft pick to offer in my opinion - Goldsack.

Me personally - I am not sure he is worth Goldsack but we do have some midfield deficiencies and a wealth of back flankers.

If we are to target Prismall or Reilly it will need a 2nd round pick or Goldsack.

If the club seriously thinks he is what we need then we have something better than a 2nd round draft pick to offer in my opinion - Goldsack.

Me personally - I am not sure he is worth Goldsack but we do have some midfield deficiencies and a wealth of back flankers.

If we are to target Prismall or Reilly it will need a 2nd round pick or Goldsack.

i see what your saying but if you look at geelongs backs at the moment they have milburn, scarlett, taylor, mackie, rooke, enright, wojac, hunt, even egan once fit and david johnson waiting in the wings. so i don't think they have a massive need for goldy, i think they would want either someone who would slot straight into their side or draft picks.

Pris, Warnock and McKinley any of these by Pris he should be our focus.
Kerr would be great but so will the cost.
Our focus in the trade period and drafts should be mid field and Ruck, we have plenty of forwards who need to stand up and if we can find a way getting Goldie and others to fill our backline properly then those areas are fine.

Kerr would be the out right favourite but the cost will be too much and it is becoming increasingly doubtful he will leave WCE.

I think Prismall, McKinley (if he doesn't re-sign) and even Thomson are all options.

Kerr is the standout and I think you're all being a bit negative as to what it would cost us. I think a first round pick plus Egan plus Toovey might even do it. Although we may have to throw in Cox as well.
Picture Kerr, Cousins, Didak, Davis, Pendelbury, Thomas and Swan rotating thro the midfeild decimating all opposition.

Keep up the good fight Didaka here's hoping you don't have to change your ID!

I think Rielly is the one I am really suprised at. If he was avalible he would be my number 1 target above Kerr. Rielly will likely come a little cheaper, is younger. When up and fit Rielly is serious A grade midfield material. Keeping him on the park has been a problem, but from what I can gather it is different injuries everytime so it's not a reoccuring injury.

Reilly's injuries this year have been collision injuries and totally unavoidable. He broke his arm in Round 1 (thanks to Will Minson) and then strained his medial ligament shortly after returning to the side.

Unfortunately he wasn't giving enough in the couple of games he had once he had recovered from his knee strain and was subsequently dropped to Sturt in the SANFL where he played a vital role in their huge win over South on the weekend.

With the Crows though, I've heard somewhere before, I think Craig publicly stated it, that players aren't traded just for the sake of it, they will only be traded if they want to leave the Club. As far as I know, Brent has no intentions of leaving the Crows and will hopefully be considered for selection this weekend.

Prismall would be the one i go after heavily he has a real talent someone who we need. Also Lovett would be good for a bit of pace and class in the midfield we do not need harris cause he is too much like burns and obree. And obviously Kerr would be great for the right price.

Throwing it out there - are we a small defender short? For example:

If we play Hawthorn next week, who gets Rioli? We got torn up twice by both of North's little blokes in both games, it seems we're not too bad for options on big forwards, but as for guys to play on the little blokes, is it just me or should we be looking at moulding a guy into that role, or looking elsewhere once our season's finished?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree Keebs, as much as I rate Harris he'd make our midfield too one paced. I think alot of people on this forum really underate Prismall too. I'd chase him really hard in this draft period, maybe a 2nd rounder plus a decent fringe player.

You just need to listen to how the other Geelong midfielders talk of him to know how good a player he is. They really rate him, not only his footy ability but his attitude and work ethic too. Theres a feeling that in the Geelong team he is too respectful of the blokes around him. He'll dish off instead of making the play himself. At his age he'd slot right into our team and he fits the type of player we need perfectly.

To all the bashers who say he is an outside mid - you don't see many players regularly pick up over 40 in the VFL as a purely outside mid, you get the ball that much you have to get alot of it yourself.

Throwing it out there - are we a small defender short? For example:

If we play Hawthorn next week, who gets Rioli? We got torn up twice by both of North's little blokes in both games, it seems we're not too bad for options on big forwards, but as for guys to play on the little blokes, is it just me or should we be looking at moulding a guy into that role, or looking elsewhere once our season's finished?

It's something that has been brought up a fair bit on this board, and it seems most of us agree that we are one short there.

However, I don't think Malthouse believes in the position of "small defender" any more than he believes in "tap ruckman", so I wouldn't expect anything to change on that front. According to him, it seems the back pocket is little more than a place to put inexperienced midfielders in order to make them more accountable.

I've heard it before, but its a bit tough to rectify that mid-season when the issue has become apparent.

Maybe the off-season is a chance to solve that issue, bring someone in. Let's face it, we do need someone there, be it moulding a guy already at the club into the role, or bringing in a fresh face.

If we take Sidebottom in the first round, he could well end up more as a small defender than a midfielder. Hopefully, his ability to get his hands on the ball and kick long and accurately will allow him to play out of the centre square if we pick him up.

I also think Cook has shown a defensive capacity to his game that could make him a solid tagger or small defender.

If we nab Sidebottom, I'd like to think he has a future as part of our midfield group. He shows some signs already of being a class midfielder - class being something we need. Time will tell.

At this stage, the top 5 appears to be;

1. Prismall
2. Kerr
3. Harris
4. Reilly
5. Dal Santo
5. Rischitelli

Also a smattering of love for Walker, Warnock and Lovett.

Why are people voting for Dal Santo,he can not bend over, not fast enough
Now that I have bagged people for voting for him I will open myself up for bagging when I say the name Lade
Good tap ruckman, imagine him tapping to either Kerr or Cousins

The two blokes at Brisbane I have plenty of time for are Jed Adcock and Justin Sherman.

Both would strengthen our midfield considerably.

Sherman would come cheap as he's been ordinary for a couple of years, but has pace, skill and kicks goals from midfield. A change of scenery might reinvigorate his career.

Adcock was close to All-Aust last year and would be a great acquisition, but it's unlikely Brisbane would let him go with Power and Black getting on a bit now. Was also runner up in their B&F last year.

At Geelong, I think the interest in Prismall from a bunch of clubs means you would need to pay over the odds to get him, but he looks a good player who lacks opportunities. David Johnson as a shut down player might be worth pursuing. Tenace was a high draft pick originally who has struggled to make an impact, from memory there are question marks over his kicking, but he has line breaking pace, so at least a polite enquiry could be worthwhile as he barracked for the Pies growing up and that might be something that would bring out his best.

I think the Pies should target another small bloke with pace. Collingwood are far too easily exploited in wet conditions, so adding a little dynamo to the Midfield or Half Backline could really give you blokes the upper hand in transition football and Ruck contests.

Could come in handy, but not someone to throw away half of your list for, someone low key.

Why are people voting for Dal Santo,he can not bend over, not fast enough
Now that I have bagged people for voting for him I will open myself up for bagging when I say the name Lade
Good tap ruckman, imagine him tapping to either Kerr or Cousins

exactly what i think... i dont know if ud to be thinking like i do though;)...

get rid of josh.. get a good pick for him... get lade for peanuts...
trade our first rounder and new pick from josh and we have kerr....
add cousins and we have a successive premierships..08,09,10,11...

+please note the last sentence was all in good fun.. although i wish i would bloody come true

Troy Chaplin and Brent Prismall.

Chaplin is a gun back and Victorian, prismall would be a good classy mid with pace to help pendles, leon, etc....

DAVID JOHNSON is a MUPPET, wouldn't even trade them pick #99 for him!:thumbsdown:

I hope we snare Cuz and Prismall.
Harris would be good, as would Rischitelli or Lovett, also a sneaky bid for Robbie Warnock, Freo would want something for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Targets

Back