Trade Targets

Who would you most like the Pies to secure (at the going rate)?

• Troy Chaplin (PA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brent Prismall (Gee)

• Daniel Harris (Kan)

• Robert Warnock (Fre)

• Michael Rischitelli (BL)

• Andrew Walker (Car)

• Brent Reilly (Ade)

• Josh Carr (Fre)

• Andrew Lovett (Ess)

• Ben McKinley (WCE)

• Mark Seaby (WCE)

• Jonathon Griffin (Ade)

• Daniel Kerr (WCE)

• Brendon Lade (PA)

• Jeff White (Mel)

• Nick Dal Santo (STK)

• Adam Thomson (PA)

• David Johnson (Gee)

• Tim Boyle (Haw)

• Other (please post below)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With Voss coming in at Brisbane, there may be a few on the outer up there. What are people's thoughts on the following:

Harding - Seems to be a clearance type player stuck behind Black and Rischitelli
Selwood - has injury problems for memory but could be a run-with/small defender
Sherman - has pace and skills and might be looking for a change of scenery.

Selwood is the one that intrigues me if we could pick him up for free (or straight swap for Egan, either way).

Haven't seen much of Harding, and they'd want more for Sherman than I'd be prepared to give.

Forget Kerr, way out of our price range though his price will fall as nobody will give away two top 10 picks this year.
Cousins on the right contract would be great.
Lade for Wood (who has stated that he would love to play in his home state)
Sherman I love his type of play

Forget Kerr, way out of our price range though his price will fall as nobody will give away two top 10 picks this year.

You got 3 out of 4 right there I reckon.

The one in bold though - you have to be kidding me right? We traded a 1st round draft pick for Wood last year and now you want to trade him for a ruckman who has one maybe two years left?

With Voss coming in at Brisbane, there may be a few on the outer up there. What are people's thoughts on the following:

Harding - Seems to be a clearance type player stuck behind Black and Rischitelli
Selwood - has injury problems for memory but could be a run-with/small defender
Sherman - has pace and skills and might be looking for a change of scenery.
I don't think any of them are the answer, to be honest. I think T Selwood is a good honest trier. Harding I'd consider in the PSD. Sherman, what mdc said, they'd want too much.

sad to see the new number 34 for collingwood next year do his knee yesterday. Looks like geelong will re-sign him, other wise he may commit suicide. what if he had radical malceski type surgery? na he is damaged goods now. our attention should be on cousins and reilly to add a bit of bite into our midfield.

* i know this isn't the right thread either but i was so proud of CFC on saturday. *
The synthetic graft can only be used in a limited number of ACL ruptures, specifically where there is enough of the remaining "ends" of the ligament to attach the graft to. It also has the problem that there's only about 2 years of follow-up on these grafts, so in terms of having been road-tested, right now no-one knows how they'll perform beyond 2 years.

St. Kilda is the current favourite to secure Kerr for next year, Collingwood is second, and the WCE are only third favourite ($5) to keep him for next year. Interesting times.

As for Wood for Lade, what have you been smoking? Port would be laughing all the way to the bank! Sometimes, list management decisions need to be for longer than the next 6 months. :eek:

I don't think any of them are the answer, to be honest. I think T Selwood is a good honest trier. Harding I'd consider in the PSD. Sherman, what mdc said, they'd want too much.

I think that is the consensus. If we could nab Selwood for a 4th pick or a swap for Egan (if Brisbane wanted him) then I think he could play a role.

I could see Harding coming our way in the PSD if we leave a spot for Cousins and then someone gets to him first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should really try for Kerr now Prismall has done a ACL.
maybe prismall just got cheaper.............

i think kerr is too expensive, given at the moment we have 10 players 21 or under gettin a kick? the only way we will get a top ten pick is to trade didak and hope our 1s rnd pick would do the trade. If we got our hands on 2 top 10 picks Id much rather see us keep them as given our side they are the right age to fit into an up and comin team. As much as Id love to see Kerr in the black and white I think we would be better suited to target a younger player around the ages of 18-23.......

Prismall just got heaps cheaper, and I would go after him in a trade -4th rounder IMO. We rehab him for a year and he plays the rest of his career with us, it is a small sacrifice. Whatever we pick up with the draft pick is unlikely to play next year anyway.

We take our first three picks (let's call them 12ish, 30ish, 46ish), trade for Prismall with the fourth rounder. We put Reed on the rookie list, but elevate him immediately in place of Prismall. We take Cousins in the PSD.

I've been thinking about this. We could try and lure Prismall with our fantastic recovery facilities however to be honest I doubt he would want to leave now. His reasons before was that he wasn't getting a game with the list they had. He won't be playing anyway next year so why should he want to go. He may as well stick around and decide after 2009.

On the couch they where talking about the axings at north and they have said it is almost a sure thing that Harris will be moved on.

I've been thinking about this. We could try and lure Prismall with our fantastic recovery facilities however to be honest I doubt he would want to leave now. His reasons before was that he wasn't getting a game with the list they had. He won't be playing anyway next year so why should he want to go. He may as well stick around and decide after 2009.

To put a different spin, He had worked so hard for so long to break into the side and was just starting to do so, when he is fit he won't be an automatic selection, and there is no near retirements in their side and with Kelly fit and the chance that a new comer will fill the void. There is every chance that he will be in the same position if not further away from being in the team when recovered. If he doesn't move now and recovers and can't break into the side a huge part of his career is over and his price tag on his head will be lower. If I was him I would be making my move now to Essendon, Melbourne or the likes recovering knowing when I am fit I am going to slot into a side that is hopefully improving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Targets

Back