Trade Week. 10-17 October.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell do you make of that rambling

Not sure. .. but he is right about one thing. .. The Saints are in trouble. .. With their recent turmoil and going into trade week sans senior coach, this could get messy. ..

aah parrot vs richmond.. One of the leagues great match-ups.

Unfair contest really... Richmond cannot managed to match anyone up against parrot and come off looking like worse fools than they really are.

Jason Phelan reporting on twitter that no-one else bid on Buckley, meaning we will take him with our last pick.

Great start to the week!

We have Dylan for #98. Good work Blues.
Welcome S.O.J. :thumbsu:

Out of contract:

Waite
Lucas
Bower
Davies
O'hAilpin
Austin
Kerr

Contracted Trade Bait:
Russell
McLean

Draft Picks:
98 Dylan Buckley..

Players associated with Carlton:
Brendon Goddard
Dylan Roberton
Brian Lake
Koby Stevens
Chris Knights
Danyle Pearce

Pelchan could not guarantee that some of St.Kilda's "names" would not be traded.
Leaving Goddard out of any discussion's here, you'd think St.Kilda may use this opportunity (may be forced into the opportunity) to trade out some heavy stock.

We really should package our pick 44 and 60 something for a pick in the 30s.
We don't have enough space on our list for 4 picks!

All depends what happens I guess.
If we did have to trade players, the ideal situation would be to bundle a couple, for a player or pick.
Easier said than done, but I'd sooner we attained upgrades rather than trading for like.

Expect a quiet week: Ratten
Ratten says the Blues won't enter discussions with rival teams in search of a particular type of player.

"We'll be fairly [quiet], I suppose, not proactive," he told media before the start of trade week meetings at Etihad Stadium on Monday morning.

"We'll just sort of listen and see what goes on."

St Kilda star Brendon Goddard has been speculated as a possible Carlton target.

Ratten didn't confirm or deny interest in acquiring the 26 year-old.

"There's a lot of rumours and innuendo that goes on at this time of the season, so let's wait and see," he said.
Expect a quiet week: Ratten

Far too mature for a percentage of our supporter base who were having kittens or a party last night.

Just a thought...we need to take three picks in the ND right?

We have one in Dylan, could we look to upgrade a rookie or two (Curnow & Tuohy) and bypass a weak draft altogether?

Leaves us with first and second round picks to play out some trade fantasies?

I'd keep Curnow on the rookie list for another year, Tuohy would be the upgrade IMO.

Even if we upgrade our 2nd rounder by trading our 3rd and 2nd we'll need to let go of 2 players on top of Austin (presuming he's delisted) and Houlihan.

Someone has to go. Bower, O'hAilpin, Lucas, McLean, Kerr, maybe Davies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have one in Dylan, could we look to upgrade a rookie or two (Curnow & Tuohy) and bypass a weak draft altogether?

We need to use 3, but that can include 1 elevation, and also Buckley (ie must use 1 live pick).

At this stage, unless we trade out significantly (ie McLean, Bower AND O'Hailpin), I think we will use 2 picks (22 & 44) + Buckley + elevation of Tuohy for a total of 4 list changes.

I think that may well pan out that way.
It all really depends on what we do here, at trade week.

I assume that Curnow & Tuohy will be upgraded, which would then take up #98 & #80 and Buckley would slot into #62.
The numbers don't really matter.
If we can't really get the player type we want, then pick upgrades would be a good way for us to go as the preference and especially so for the 1st. rounder.
How can we be sure when the CFC themselves don't really know what may transpire.

Even if we upgrade our 2nd rounder by trading our 3rd and 2nd we'll need to let go of 2 players on top of Austin (presuming he's delisted) and Houlihan.

Someone has to go. Bower, O'hAilpin, Lucas, McLean, Kerr, maybe Davies?

Keen thought. We should start a thread on this...

Would think Austin's fate could be linked to Bower's. Would be a bold move to see the back of both. I still maintain that Bower is walk-up 22 if fit, despite the short memory brigade who seem to be very much in the majority. If he stays I would think Austin's fate is sealed.

McLean could and should go for a charity pick if another club picks up his tab. One of Kerr and Davies should be in the gun IMO.

I would be pretty surprised if Curnow is elevated. There is no reason to, unless we end up trading a lot (4) of our fringe players.

By all means elevate Tuohy, but keep Curnow as our nominated rookie.

Keen thought. We should start a thread on this...

Would think Austin's fate could be linked to Bower's. Would be a bold move to see the back of both. I still maintain that Bower is walk-up 22 if fit, despite the short memory brigade who seem to be very much in the majority. If he stays I would think Austin's fate is sealed.

McLean could and should go for a charity pick if another club picks up his tab. One of Kerr and Davies should be in the gun IMO.

Sensible thoughts Kramer.

The main reason that we should be active in trade week is to try to get something for players that would otherwise be delisted but have some currency. Would think it would be for pick upgrades rather than players.

But also some sense in trading players in a package for a good pick.

Would think that any and all of our lesser depth players would be on the table.

We have Dylan for #98. Good work Blues.
Welcome S.O.J. :thumbsu:

Out of contract:

Waite
Lucas
Bower
Davies
O'hAilpin
Austin
Kerr

Contracted Trade Bait:
Russell
McLean

Draft Picks:
98 Dylan Buckley..

Players associated with Carlton:
Brendon Goddard
Dylan Roberton
Brian Lake
Koby Stevens
Chris Knights
Danyle Pearce
Will any of those picks be used to upgrade a rookie?:confused:

Will any of those picks be used to upgrade a rookie?:confused:

Definitely. At least one and possibly two.
I think we're all pretty sure that Tuohy will be there and the speculation is on Curnow and what transpires here at trade week.

I just think Curnow has a good case for putting his hand up as let's face it, all players would sooner be on the primary list.
The guy polled in his first six games through the B&F and got injured in his 7th. which largely derailed his season.
Tracking at the rate he was going, he would have come a close second to Murphy.

Why would Davies or Kerr be in the gun?

Stupefying comment after we gave Davies so many games at the end of this season.

Kerr can play, but faced a battle to get past two players called Garlett and Betts.

If we don't trade Bower and Mclean, then it will probably look like this.

Pick 22 replaces Houlihan
Pick 44 replaces Austin
Pick 62 Buckley
Pick 80 Tuohy

Any other list deletions such as Bower and/or Mclean aren't likely to affect the fate of Davies and Kerr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back