Trade Week. 10-17 October.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being part of the pick 12-for-McLean deal, I don't know if he could add to that omelet he already has on his face. If I had to choose between the two, I would keep Kerr because of his superior skills and potential.

The CFC have forgiven him for that, so why can't we?
Why is it that we'd sooner chastise someone for one mistake rather than pat them on the back for all the good they've done?
Human nature, I guess.

I'd keep Kerr and Davies on the list ahead of Armfield, Joseph or Ellard who are limited players. Davies is a better kick than Joseph and Armfield. Kerr is a wonderful kick who has football smarts and can finish like Houlihan. I hope we groom him as a running mid to replace Scotland beyond next year.

Given your penchant for pulling isolated incidents as evidence of talent, how can you make this statement in light of Joseph's habit of popping up for important long-range goals, or Armfield's undoubted disposal improvement in recent times? I can't remember seeing anything in Davies to suggest that his disposal is clearly better than these two.

Interesting how folks show an unshakable bias against players they've decided are no good. And no, I'm not disagreeing with the overall merit of keeping Kerr and Davies, I just think all of the players mentioned have their role to play and have shown consistent improvement.

Davies will stay. He is a long way ahead of Russell at the stage in their careers. And there's nothing average about Davies's build and endurance.

Where does White fit in with Watson, McCarthy, Mitchell and McInnes around?

We've already stated that Hampson will be trained up as a forward, so Setanta should look elsewhere. Hampson is a better competitor than O'hAilpin in the air due to his leap. For a big man, Setanta doesn't play tall.

Austin will go.

I'd keep Kerr and Davies on the list ahead of Armfield, Joseph or Ellard who are limited players. Davies is a better kick than Joseph and Armfield. Kerr is a wonderful kick who has football smarts and can finish like Houlihan. I hope we groom him as a running mid to replace Scotland beyond next year.

Can't possibly agree with Ellard being behind Kerr or Davies.

He is one of our only players who will put his body on the line at EVERY contest. I re-watched our Elim Final win against the Bombers and we had 2 or 3 goals which were a direct result of his "in and under" stoppage work.

Absolutely a required player next year (as his re-signing proves).

I've watched them play. I wasn't claiming that Davies is an elite kick, but his kicking or decision making isn't as questionable as Armfield's and Joseph's. Quicker at getting it to boot than Joseph and Armfield. Has the motor to run hard and link up. Tackles hard and locks down like AJ and Armfield, but can play tall and small.

Kerr has more tricks and skill than Ellard.

Kerr would have played a game if Carlton were as poor as we were in Ellard's debut season.

I've watched them play. I wasn't claiming that Davies is an elite kick, but his kicking or decision making isn't as questionable as Armfield's and Joseph's. Quicker at getting it to boot than Joseph and Armfield. Has the motor to run hard and link up. Tackles hard and locks down like AJ and Armfield, but can play tall and small.

Kerr has more tricks and skill than Ellard.

Out of all the skills you listed there the only thing I'd have him out in front by is the tackling. Marcus is lucky he's tall..

He should be retained but will come under scrutiny next year. He'd be out of contract though wouldn't he? If they were delisting new draftees though Kerr would be out before Davies who has been able to play in AFL finals (and give away crucial free kicks!! :p)

Pity Davies tackles hard in the goal square when the ball is about to be bounced in the centre square. It could cost us one day. Oh that's right, it already has...

Dunno if Ratts loves him quite as much these days. I sure don't.

Davies will stay. He is a long way ahead of Russell at the stage in their careers. And there's nothing average about Davies's build and endurance.

Where does White fit in with Watson, McCarthy, Mitchell and McInnes around?

We've already stated that Hampson will be trained up as a forward, so Setanta should look elsewhere. Hampson is a better competitor than O'hAilpin in the air due to his leap. For a big man, Setanta doesn't play tall.

Austin will go.

I'd call your list management style: Castration

Hampson is a better competitor than O'hAilpin in the air due to his leap. For a big man, Setanta doesn't play tall.
Leaping doesn't count for much unless you come down regularly with the ball.

On demonstrated form at senior level, Setanta is a better mark than Hampson.

If.......IF......Hampsons late VFL form was translated into senior AFL form then I'd agree with you, but until he shows it, I'd take Setanta.

I'd also prefer Setanta once they have the ball.........just.......both make you look the other way.:thumbsu:

At least you recognise it was a mistake. :thumbsu: ;)

Well what do you do, Pafloyul?

There's nothing worse than a parent that pigeon holes you for the one bad thing you, never to see the good.
That attitude doesn't augur well for a good upbringing.

If the Mclean trade ends up being the worst thing we did, then so be it.
If he doesn't get traded, clears his niggles and plays good footbal for the CFC, then that's fine as well.

Can we shake loose another Jeremy Laidler bargain from one of the stocked-up clubs? He was a fringe player behind Milburn last year. Makes you wonder who else is looking for more opportunity at clubs strong in one department.

Can we shake loose another Jeremy Laidler bargain from one of the stocked-up clubs? He was a fringe player behind Milburn last year. Makes you wonder who else is looking for more opportunity at clubs strong in one department.

We may have even gone back to the well and asked for Gillies.
I think the GFC may hold their ground firmly this time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't Essendon have the best KPP stocks in the AFL?

We should get Neagle!

Would rather reach back in time and get someone to Laycock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back