List Mgmt. Trade Week 2016 - Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

We do what conservatives typically do. Fear change and do nothing. Use stick instead of carrot and be red neck.

Make West Coast Great Again.
Hey Galileo9 - you really seem to have some shit on your spleen with the club. Been noticing your posts of late and you really are one angry poster.

12 months ago we were in the GF. This year 16 H&A wins. Beaten in the final by the eventual premiers. How about lightening up a bit and being a supporter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we all like to post a lot of joke to keep the quiet offseason fun, but serious question from me for once. Do people really think our window is shut? Grand finalist last year, and even though we only played 3 'good' games this year, we finished on 16 wins, just 1 win and % of the minor premiers. In my opinion, with or without Nic Nat, our premiership window is wide open. Everyone keeps banging on about our bad midfield, and yes it's our weakest area, but our other areas are pretty strong.
Forward: with the Coleman medalist, and JD who can kick a bag himself, and don't forget Cripps, who yes was a bit quieter this year, but still is very important to our structure.
Defence: with Gov & Barrass down back, our backline is set for the next decade. Throw in Mackenzie, who hopefully returns to form, Shep, Wellers, Hurn, Yeo?, Schoey.
Rucks: Obviously Nics gone down, Lycett, at worst should be back mid year, Giles I actually rated quiet highly as a junior, could he flourish now that he has to carry the #1 ruck.
Midfield: Shuey had a great year, could he improve again? Sheed with a fully fit and firing preseason will be like a new signing, same with Redden and Jetta, Hutch will improve as well.

I know it's only a rumour but if we could add someone like S Mitchell, a player that has class, he could be enough to lift us to a flag. Obviously I wouldn't want to give up much to get him, I don't know his current contract status. Otherwise some outside the box thinking might be needed by Simpson, we've all thought it but Mackenzie down back and Gov up fonward? I do hope we add Ballantine, allthough not for anything more than a 4th rounder. He will add a biHere my thinking for a R1 team.

Wellingham Mackenzie Sheppard
Yeo Barrass Hurn
Jetta Priddis Gaff
Darling Kennedy Waterman
Cripps McGovern Ballentine

Giles Shuey Sheed

Masten Schoey Redden, Butler
Gov is an AA backman, and the glue down there for us, I'm still not getting the obsession in moving him forward.

It's very disappointing too say the least Petrie turns 34 yrs old next week and has no association with the role ..

Blame Rawlings and Simmo if this goes ahead ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This Petrie nonsense is just that. What about Gault? Surely, we would be a better option as a forward/ruckman - he showed some promise at the pies.

Would rather Minson if we went for a short term fix, but I suspect Petrie's link to North will get him over the line. :/
North connection would be a part of it for sure but Vozzo also said they were looking for a forward not so much a pure ruck so that also leans towards Petrie rather than Minson

North connection would be a part of it for sure but Vozzo also said they were looking for a forward not so much a pure ruck so that also leans towards Petrie rather than Minson

This whole talk about making sure we get a Tall before we think about Petire. Are we all missing something? Firstly a tall and then Petire? I'm a little scared.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Week 2016 - Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back