Trade Week Over - Who won, Who Lost??

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO I like what the Doggies did, I like the trades, but the proof will be in the pudding.

I like what the Saints have done. Pick 90 for King and Gardiner will go down as a famous trade.

And Judd to Carlton - I like that trade - and it looks pretty even for both WCE and the Blues

The Eagles got robbed on Judd but did pretty well to convert their draft picks to 4 picks in the top 22 and clear some cap space. Pick 54 probably won't be used.

Further besides Judd they only lost Morton. The Eagles have very rarely traded for players but got Kennedy so Kennedy and 4 in the top 22 is pretty good.

Seriously, I think we have traded very well. The judd trade speaks for itself, but Richard Hadley is a fantastic get.

Hadley could do a Rodan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton got Judd, so it's safe to say everyone else is fighting it out for the minor placings.

We did well to end up with 4 picks in the first 22 for the loss of just a fringe player, a late second round pick and a guy who was leaving anyway.

The Dogs and Collingwood both did well to get a ruckman, which is something each club needed. Collingwood paid more, but got a player who should be around for a long time.

The Saints did well to get Schneider for pick 26, but will Dempster really add that much? King and Gardiner for 90 is an interesting one. Very short term for mine, who knows how much longer King can play for?

Freo did well to stay out of proceedings. No magic beans this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Week Over - Who won, Who Lost??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back