Trade Week Over - Who won, Who Lost??

Remove this Banner Ad

But thats not who you are replacing those players with... areent you going to draft some players from the National draft????

Who replaced Gehrig???

Your a ****ingidiot mate get over it stkilda did pretty well. Stop trying to drag us down to make carlton look like they dminated trade week.
I though blues, saints, eagles, dogs did hell good so just get over it. Saints picked up players that replaced reired/delisted players that left our team.

dogs in my eyes had an awesome trade week.

We gained Hudson & Callan and lost McMahon & Power and upgraded every pick except pick 5.

Lost Gained
Pick 22 - pick 19
Pick 38 - pick 35
Pick 48 - pick 43
Pick 54 - pick 48
Pick 70 - pick 66

Yep, and considering McMahon and Power wanted to leave, it all ended out quite well. We managed to get Hudson for pick 22 (without Adelaide getting it) and also receiving pick 35 for him, fantastic trading by us.

Carlton, West Coast, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs. The Johnstone deal is sweet for Melbourne.

As the guys above said, I think we did quite well. Picked up Hudson whom we desperately need, and gave ourselves a slightly better chance at quality/the players we are keen on drafting.

I think we did very well out of the McMahon trade - if I was Richmond, pick 19 is certainly more than I'd want to have given up for him. People calling him a hack/waste of space, etc are clearly clueless. Yes, he had a shocking season this year, but I am almost certain he will bounce back next year once he has had time to clear his head, etc. I think the shift will be of benefit to himself personally the most, as opposed to either club really making a massive gain.

It's an interesting trade by Richmond - naturally they are looking to strengthen their first 22, but I can't see how Jordy really offers them anything different to what they already have, other than his experience. I'm also of the opinion that they should probably be trying to draft quality kids, as it is quite clear they won't be a premiership contender anytime soon. At the same time, you can't only play younguns, and a draft pick is a lot more speculative than a solid player like McMahon. Can't really make my mind up about it from a Tiger perspective.

The Bombers - were too quiet when I think they should have turned a few players over for pics. Sheeds would have traded big time!

This is the trade week when Essendon should have rebuilt by passing off some of their older, more valuable players who won't be around for their next flag and upgrading for some younger/more dependable talent - a bit like what Hawthorn did three or four years ago, and what Malthouse did when he came to Collingwood.

Instead, they're stuck with shit players like Kepler Bradley, Dyson, Mal Michael, etc. Ageing guns and average young kids. The structure of the list is rotten, they are heading for a few years in the wilderness, no matter who the coach is.

So I made a typo...eh, big deal. Judd is still a loser. What kind of person accepts the captiancy of his club when he knows he'll walk out on them in a couple of years.

I think we did very well. Got rid of Morton, who didn't really want to play for us any more, and some other guy who wanted more money.

We went from one pick in the top 20 to four in the top 25, and we probably won't use any more than that. Plus our drafting department is the best in the land, IMHO, so I'm impressed.

Yep, and considering McMahon and Power wanted to leave, it all ended out quite well. We managed to get Hudson for pick 22 (without Adelaide getting it) and also receiving pick 35 for him, fantastic trading by us.

And then we'll get to Draft Week and Eade will blow it again, picking his duds.

I've always been a Travis fan, so I'm disappointed. On the other hand, though, two first round picks is pretty cool.

Why does it always rain on me?

Winners Carlton -- Operation Get Judd worked perfectly.
Losers - we'll see in a years time but maybe Sydney with loss of two young premiership players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 - Carlton (getting Judd + Hadlee at such a discounted price)
2 - St. Kilda. Awesome trading. Well done... I'm flabbergasted at what they acheived. Although it'll all fall on its head if King gets injured, hence me rating Carlton higher.
3 - Collingwood / Bulldogs - both clubs filled glaring holes in their lineup without selling the shop. Offloading Power and McMahon might be good for the club long-term, although I'm hurting that Jordie is leaving. Collingwood getting Wood... well done...

West Coast through shrewd trading have also done very well out of a difficult situation.

Melbourne... well... getting Meese was okay, but I wouldn't have done the Travis Johnstone trade.

Brisbane's trades weren't great (can't see Travis Johnstone being a good pickup for them, I must be blind) and losing Hadlee must suck, BUT... as long as they hang on to Brennan, surely they'll feel relieved considering the open poaching that was happening.

Judd, hmmmm none of these Carlton posters who are obviously still in a binge of self flaggelating back slapping are using references like "mercenary" or Judas like Hamill who left a club for money?

But Judd's last four games were such a high standard, he'd be lucky to get picked for a VFL seconds game, imagine $1.2 mill a year to prop in the goal square hoping to muster a kick that can cross the goal line from the tip of the square. It intrigues me how these astute experts of everything football can point out all the percieved injury risks of player A or player B at club such and such, but are blinded by the light of salvation in the incarnation of the messiah reborn lobbing in their lap.

Luke Ball has struggled with the same injury for two years, playing games at the dome hasn't helped, Judd assures everyone the operation is an outstanding success, well with clubs falling over their feet trying to wave fatter chequebooks under his nose, he's going to be anything less than 100% positive.

There is just as much chance Judd could struggle with the injury for the next five years, if his pace doesn't get back to 100% he's lost his most valuable weapon, his pure acceleration made him the player he was, one yard of pace less, what do you have??

A seven million dollar holiday at the expense of CFC.

Melbourne lost... Pick 14 for a Clubs Favourite son. Melbourne supporters must be absolutely riled.

St Kilda won.

Swans just confuse me, and Geelong giving away their Premiership ruckman for nothing (very cocky)

We gave up an injury prone player coming to the end of his career who only could manage 6 games and is now the 3rd best ruck in the club and no longer guaranteed 11+ games. He was happy to go and Geelong are happy with the TPP relief.

Yep, those five games at Telstra Dome are really going to kill our players.
Five games at Telstra Dome? Where did you get that from? Did you make that up? If you're going to respond to a post of mine, then please at least be honest.

Carlton played 8 matches there this season, and 10 matches there in 2006, and they'll probably be scheduled to play at least 9 there next season. I would think that 8 or more matches would have a terrible effect on players, and that surface won't be improved in the near future.

Special heating systems that are used in similar European stadiums have to be installed in an attempt to counter the lack of sun there, and there is no date of when that may happen. Even then, it is no guarantee of improving the surface, and in my opinion, Judd could have problems playing there that often.
Middle of the Road: Collingwood- Yeah they got a good player in Cameron Wood, however IMO pick 14 is slightly over the odds. 6/10
Why do you think that? He is only 20 years of age, and Brisbane got him with pick 18 in a stronger draft, and now he has had two seasons in the system. He has played with the learning experience of Beau McDonald, Jamie Charman, and a few matches with Clark Keating in 2006 as well. I think pick 14 is not slightly over, but at least the equal of his value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Week Over - Who won, Who Lost??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back