Trades For This Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe all these people overreacting after 2 games. All this talk of trading Harvey and trading Bartel to Ablett. Just waste of trades, Harvey will come good and is a proven performer. Who cares if his price will drop, a keeper is a keeper and price only matters if you make the trade.

Bartel is a proven performer and his first 2 scores are decent. People should only be making trades for injured players or lack of depth in certain positions not these silly sideways trades.

Hmmm.

Trade Raines & Anthony ---> Rich & Cheney/ someone similar

OR

Trade Haselby & Anthony ---> Rich & Bock/ Drummond

Haselby has hardly been shyte I guess. I'm leaning towards option 1

Last week traded Raines for Cheney, leaving me with 198k to splay with now do I...

a) turn Bartel into Ablett
b) drop Lucas to Skipworth as well as option a
c) drop Lucas to Skipworth and find a decent replacement for Raines??

Option C is your friend

More points that way, Bartel is not injured, Raines is and will take time to get back into it.

Im not an expert on sc as its my first year, but is using 3 trades before next round a big worry? Dont know if i should you use a trade to bring in Ablett because my captain is the only thing thats letting me down.
Im thinking Bartel > Ablett

A few options I'm thinking of

Hasleby & Anthony -> Beams/Dangerfield/Z.somethingarather.S

Adcock -> Houlihan / Rance

Hille -> Kosi

Probably wait until next week to trade in Beams for Anthony if he stays in the side and keep Adcock and Hasleby for a while as they are unlikely to plummet in value, although that will mean I miss out on Houlihan.

Hille hasn't been bad but hasn't averaged over 90 in his career.
Kosi has been awesome and has proven he can score big (avg 111 in 2005), plus he is playing in a winning high-scoring team. My head is telling me this is the very definition of sideways trading but you can't win without taking any risks.

Im not an expert on sc as its my first year, but is using 3 trades before next round a big worry? Dont know if i should you use a trade to bring in Ablett because my captain is the only thing thats letting me down.
Im thinking Bartel > Ablett

At the start of the season i planned very clearly to do a maximum of 1 trade in the first 3 weeks. However, with injuries and the like it looks like i will do at least 2.

As it is your first year, you probably made some mistakes before lockout. I dont think it is too bad to fix these mistakes before the prices go up. I did this last year (my first year) and went on to win all 3 leagues.

Not sure about the Ablett to Bartel trade as Bartel will definitely lift. However, i have ablett, he is my captain every week and i can understand you envying my position.

Ok, I am going to put this straight out there,

Joel Selwood (GEEL) $529,500, aver: 82.00

\/

Gary Ablett (GEEL) $712,100, aver: 150.50

I was on the "Selwood will tear up the comp this year" bandwagon, but he is really letting me down this year.

I have $192,000 still in the kitty, and really want Ablett in, am really thinking yes, but my heart keeps saying no, injuries will curtail him sooner rather than later, what shall I do, hold off for another week (and watch him tear the Pies a knew ringer) or trade him in.

I am guaranteed him to go up in price ( I assume) so I am really thinking yes, will only do this trade on Friday, but any help or tips would be great, thanks.

:rolleyes: Thanks HFF_07

Found this on Fanfooty. Most likely nothing to worry about.

Ablett is off on Monday/Tuesday for scans on the ankle he hurt last year against Freo. Rolled it at recovery this morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im thinking Ottens -> McIntosh

which gives me enough money to do Raines -> Houlihan

Thats a nice healthy trade combo is it not? :thumbsu:

i have 148500 in the kitty, thinking trading haselby to hadley ???
what do people think ??
i know haselby ?MIGHT? come good but thinking might miss the boat on Hadley.... will go up big $$$$ iif another week of above 100pts
Thoughts ???

What's the go with Hill? Poor game, injured, won't play next week (or for a while)?

Just wondering what people are thinking would be a better trade
Option 1- Hill out for Cheney,Ottens out for Hille
Option 2-Raines out for Cheney,Ottens out for Cox

Option 2 seems to look better but that trade would leave me with a backline of Shaw,Burgoyne,Cornes,Malceski,Adcock,Rance,Cheney with Suban and Hill as subs and i reckon that looks a bit weak.

Ok, I am going to put this straight out there,

Joel Selwood (GEEL) $529,500, aver: 82.00

\/

Gary Ablett (GEEL) $712,100, aver: 150.50

I was on the "Selwood will tear up the comp this year" bandwagon, but he is really letting me down this year.

I have $192,000 still in the kitty, and really want Ablett in, am really thinking yes, but my heart keeps saying no, injuries will curtail him sooner rather than later, what shall I do, hold off for another week (and watch him tear the Pies a knew ringer) or trade him in.

I am guaranteed him to go up in price ( I assume) so I am really thinking yes, will only do this trade on Friday, but any help or tips would be great, thanks.

:rolleyes: Thanks HFF_07

I have exactly the same dilemma HFF. Trying to decide whether to trade Ablett for either Selwood or Pendlebury as I have about $190,000 in the kitty. Might wait til later in the week to see if there is any legs to this ankle rumour.

Would be interested to know what you decide in the end

ablett will definitely drop in due course. Just be patient!

of course, averaging more than he did last year will definitely make him drop in value :p, pick him up, get his price rise, then ill be able to upgrade someone like Griffen to Selwood after selwood drops in price, but storms home. :D then ill storm home to win the SC grand prize.

ablett will definitely drop in due course. Just be patient!

Meanwhile those with him are scoring 30 more points per week x 2 ...

And then they have the luxury of trading up to another premium + Ablett while the others chase Ablett down, hoping they don't have to waste trades on too many injuries beforehand.

Just cut to the chase and get on Ablett is my tip! :thumbsu: Should have done it at the start but at least if you do it now you've only missed out on the comp's best SC player for 2 weeks out of 20

This is provided there's not other problems in your team to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back