Trades For This Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of you guys haven't got a clue.

Trading out keepers like Joel Selwood and Brent Harvey, trading out guys like Hazelby and Dalzeil after only 2 weeks.

You only have 20 trades and if you don't have 5 or 6 left when finals come you are screwed.

Give them all some time, if you are facing a donut think about trades, if not think very carefully before you start juggling. The guy in your team you thought was a gun 2 weeks ago didn't turn into a pumpkin, he just might be out of touch and you might regret letting him go.

Don't do trades this early unless you have to.

Have 500k in the cap.
Richo in for Lucas

Ablett in for Kerr or Delideo (which one do you think i should keep)?

Tough one, my Richmond bias makes me leaning toward Lids, but, with a 70-odd-grand difference in price, there's so much potential with Kerr. I'd think you'll get more consistency with Lids, but Kerr will get you more 150+ scores. I'll lock in Brett Deledio as my final answer, Ed.

Ok fellas need some advice as I have a headache. :p

Option 1 -
Raines >>> Cheney
Anthony >>> Rich

Option 2 -
Hill >>> Cheney
Anthony >>> Rich

Option 3 -
Hill >>> Cheney
Raines >>> Gilbert/Hurn

Option 4 -
Harvey >>> Davis
Anthony >>> Rich

I would say my defense is my shaky part of my team but now that Hentschel is out my forwards are looking shakey too.

My defenders are -
Goodard, Fisher, Gilbee, Cornes, Houlihan, Hill, Petrenko (Raines, Brouton)

I am not comfortable having both Petrenko and Cheney/Broughton as my 6th and 7th defenders. But I don't want to miss out on Rich either as he will skyrocket.

This is doing my head in, advice appreciated. :D

Option 2. :thumbsu: If you don't have Rich in now, you must get him in before this round! If he keeps scoring 80+, that IMO makes him a keeper til about round 14-15. Hill hasn't set the world on fire as many (including me) had hoped, but at Subi against the crows...who would know what he'll score this week (i.e. could have that 90-100 point 'breakout' game??). Having said that, without seeing any freo games myself, a few BF posters have commented that he still looks like a bit of a boy amongst men, and probably won't star til next year.

So option 2 for mine :) gotta get those cash cows early!

Going to use my first trades of the season, looking to trade Raines for Rance. (I know his value won't go up or down this week, just hoping he's a serviceable scorer. With Rance, Hill and Suban as rookies in my backline, i'm hoping I require no more trades till mid year in that position.

With the cash left over from that trade i'm going to swap Leuenberger for Mcintosh. Leuenberger has been a massive disappointment so far.

Hopefully Mitch Robinson's price doesn't go up too much next week so that I can trade him for the injured Anthony I have on my bench. But if it does go up too high I can still get Beams or Zaharakis. At least i'll have an extra week to gauge their efforts without their price going up.

Thinking of trading Haselby----> Heath Hocking & then using the cash freed up to upgrade Hill----> Hurn

Only concern is if Hurn & Hocking can keep their form up? Both are having stellar starts to the year for their prices, averaging 97 & 106 respectively, & will make good $$ at least for the couple of weeks, while Hill hasn't impressed me at all, watching him against a side of fairly young Bombers on Sunday makes me think he's physically not quite ready for afl yet.

Haselby has been ok, but hocking will make more $$ at least short term, & hopefully score more points at the same time. This trade does however mean I will miss out on the Kyle Cheny gravey train this week, & probably for good.

Any thoughts & opinions apreciated guys.
Cheers

I've already used:

Hurn --> Raines
Krakouer --> Hentschel

I'm not worried about Liam Anthony sitting on my bench at this stage behind Robinson.

With Bock out indefinately, it is best to trade him, isnt it?

3 weeks tops, most likely 1.

Round 4 = Freo, only have 1 forward who plays midfield anyway
Round 5 = Geelong at Geelong - though i reckon they'd like a crack, probable loss
Round 6 = Melbourne, they don't have any forwards

Round 7 = Port Adelaide - he's not missing that one.

Its a no brainer mate, lock it in! :thumbsu:

Yeah, I just hate going sideways.

Problem is I might have to do another one. Anyone reckon either Hill or Suban will play? They're covering for Bock at the moment and with the Thursday game the Sunday teams won't be finalised before lockout.

(And why doesn't the Freo board have a DT/SC questions thread? They should be mandatory).

3 weeks tops, most likely 1.

Round 4 = Freo, only have 1 forward who plays midfield anyway
Round 5 = Geelong at Geelong - though i reckon they'd like a crack, probable loss
Round 6 = Melbourne, they don't have any forwards

Round 7 = Port Adelaide - he's not missing that one.

Good point.

Im thinking Adcock for Houlihan.. Would free up 100k.
Really should have had houlihan from the start though... :)

Yeah, I am leaning towards doing the same trade. Just not sure whether Houlihan is a bit of a downhill skier. He racked up 90-odd against two relatively easy beats. He monstered it in junk time against Richmond. What will he do when Carlton start playing the big boys?

Also, the impact of Stevens and the likes returning on Houlihan's output is a worry. What do people reckon?

Thats for the advice Spud, think I will go with that option as well and then downgrade Raines to Rance next week.

If Hill plays this week then I might downgrade Raines instead and get the small money increase off him. :D

Im toying with the idea of 4 rookies down back, Suban Cheney Petrenko Rance. Freeing up a lot of cash and then looking for my first upgrade down back which will most likely be luke hodge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats for the advice Spud, think I will go with that option as well and then downgrade Raines to Rance next week.

If Hill plays this week then I might downgrade Raines instead and get the small money increase off him. :D

Raines ---> Cheney
Anthony ---> Rich

I think we are very similar JM. I've looked at flicking Haselby, Harvey and even Pav. They are dumb ideas.

Just do the above and we'll still have cash for later.

If Rance plays well Monday then I would definitely bring him in

Now, log off and come back Thursday! I wish I could....;)

Im toying with the idea of 4 rookies down back, Suban Cheney Petrenko Rance. Freeing up a lot of cash and then looking for my first upgrade down back which will most likely be luke hodge.

Yes, that's my thinking as well. If I downgrade Tiller to Rance this week I'll be running Petrenko, Rance, Suban, Hurley (inj), Raines (inj) to go with my 4 premium backs who are all playing.

Sounds risky at face value but Rance (or Cheney) are no riskier than what I already have (Tiller). Frees up $125K which I'll leave for next week when I'll re-assess Hurley and Raines.

Keeps 7 on the field in defence, rides out one more week with Raines, should get a $ uplift and only burn 1 trade in 1st 2 weeks.

If by chance Tiller is named this week I may give Rance 1 more week before his price increases. I am not convinced on Cheney he smacks of a Stephen Hill-rookie bandwagon.

What would be of higher priority?

Getting rid of Raines or Hentschel this week? I'm guessing with Trent being a 4 week injury at the minute and Raines still probably 3 weeks away it'd be doing something with Trent this week. Especially considering i don't have Skippy.

Also can't decide whether to take Cheney this week or wait a week and see how Rance scores. Thoughts?

Also can't decide whether to take Cheney this week or wait a week and see how Rance scores. Thoughts?

Cheney has played two games, therefore his price will go up if he plays this weekend. Rance has only played one, so his price increase won't occur until Round 4 (assuming he plays consecutive games of course).

Dalziell -> Rich (experiment failed)
Hill -> Johncock + 70 left over

A bit sideways, but I don't think Hill will return this season.

Hey guys, really confused on what to do.

I've traded Hill for Cheney which I'm happy with.

For Hentschel, I wanted to trade him for Krakouer but I think there would be other choices. Who should I choose excluding Skipworth, Houlihan and Higgins?? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :)

by trading garland (melbourne - out for 4 months) i have $312,000 to spend on a defender.

possibles: urquhart, houlihan (carl), hurn, gilbert, mcgrath (bris), hansen (kang), dempsey,
please help, who should i go for??

Hey guys, really confused on what to do.

I've traded Hill for Cheney which I'm happy with.

For Hentschel, I wanted to trade him for Krakouer but I think there would be other choices. Who should I choose excluding Skipworth, Houlihan and Higgins?? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :)

Krakouer is the standout at that price. You really have no other options unless you want to take a chance on a rookie such as Walker or Ziebell.

I am trading out Hill for Cheney and upgrading Adcock for Leigh Harding.

What are people's thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back