Trades For This Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a huge mistake yesterday.
I thought ottens would be out 4 6-8 weeks.
i had luenberger and hille and luenburger was getting really low scores, so i traded him for trent west.

Then found out that ottens was onlt 2-4 weeks.
Plus then traded raines for cheney and dont have another trade for harvey to ablett:mad:

Houlihan by a mile.

cheers for that, you're quite confident of that.
or should i hold onto my trades, get a 0 this week and use my trades when the league starts?

my backline right now is:

patfull avg:101.00
c cornes avg: 79
gram avg: 79
malceski avg: 71
mackie avg: 60
garland avg: 92 (out for 4 months)
raines avg: 79 (out for 3-4 weeks)
hill avg: 35 (possibly dropped)
petrenko avg: 61 (possibly dropped)

i could get decimated this week, could possibly have garland, raines, hill and petrenko all missing.

add that to my ruck problem where i have cox, ottens, jacobs and pyke

and my forward line problem:
i have walker (ade), sidebottom and thompson (port)

so with this team i have, what should i do??

so with this team i have, what should i do??

I'd be getting rid of Garland as 1st priority and Hill for a cash cow. By the time you get around to fixing Raines and Ottens they'll be back anyway.

Walker will get a game with Bock out (Stevens will go back rather than forward) and Thompson and Sidebottom aren't miles away.

Jacobs will score in the 50's until Ottens is back so not a massive loss.

and my forward line problem:
i have walker (ade), sidebottom and thompson (port)

Walker is not a problem mate. With Hentchel missing 4 weeks it means he is their number 1 target in the forward line. Look at what he achieved in the second half after Hentchel got injured. I am expecting at least 70 from Walker this week.

Leave Sidebotton in there......can't be too far away.

I'd be getting rid of Garland as 1st priority and Hill for a cash cow. By the time you get around to fixing Raines and Ottens they'll be back anyway.

Walker will get a game with Bock out (Stevens will go back rather than forward) and Thompson and Sidebottom aren't miles away.

Jacobs will score in the 50's until Ottens is back so not a massive loss.

cheers buddy!

Ahh i dont like Stiff but he looked ok on the weekend. What's the rest of your backline?

Hodge, Fisher, Drummond, Cornes, Malceski

and then Suban, Hill, Petrenko and Broughton :(

so trading Johncock in for Hill means I only have to rely on one of Suban, Broughton and Petrenko playing each week, and Petrenko should be a lock for a while given the Crows out's.

Plus 70k left over, and Rich in for Dalziell just makes sense to me with the amount Rich is set to go up. I have to get him in for someone.

One definite trade... OUT: Leuenberger IN: McIntosh (Leuenberger is my second ruck alongside Cox - nowhere near strong enough)

Am debating another trade to capitalise on low BE's and value changes.

If Broughton isnt named: OUT Hill, IN Zaharakis/Suban/Rance

If Broughton is named: OUT Henstchel, IN Krakouer

Bock has really put me in a bit of a pickle...

Same here mate, Raines & Hill -------> Houla, Cheney

It pains me to use 2 trades so early in the season.
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear Nathan Bock, oh dear.

+1:thumbsdown:

Today has been hell with Bock conspiring to ruin my SC team

I've got Bock, Raines, Anthony and now I hear C Knights is out for a month
Plus Hill is playing like trash

First trades coming up

Raines------->Houlihan/Hurn
Knights------>Van Berlo/Vince
Anthony----->Robinson/Otten/Beams/

Will do two of them and hopefully ride out the Bock 'situation'

Another thought is trading Knights to Cross as I have $140,000 in the kitty

To be honest I'm really not sure exactly what to do this week.

My concerns: Hill, Raines, Broughton, Anthony and Wade Thompson who just isn't playing.

I managed to fit a fair few cash cows in but for some reason in SC overlooked both Skipworth and Rich.

It might prove too difficult to get both in this week unless I downgrade a premium and there is absolutely no point in doing that.

Which one of Skipworth and Rich do people think is more valuable to trade for?

Raines has to go for me so I will probably trade him to Cheney, but that means I am starting Cheney with Hill (who hopefully isn't named) and Broughton in my reserves. And with Dempsey, Petrenko, Cheney, Hill and Broughton (3 starting) in my backline, I am almost inviting a disaster to happen.

Then my next trade will be for one of Skipworth or Rich - either trading Anthony to Rich or Thompson to Skipworth.

Some opinions on which trade is better would be appreciated.

I made a huge mistake yesterday.
I thought ottens would be out 4 6-8 weeks.
i had luenberger and hille and luenburger was getting really low scores, so i traded him for trent west.

Then found out that ottens was onlt 2-4 weeks.
Plus then traded raines for cheney and dont have another trade for harvey to ablett:mad:

What a disaster. What were you thinking?:thumbsdown:

Trade rule # 1 - DO NOT trade early in the week - Wait for teams to be announced :thumbsu:.
SC rule # 1 - G.Ablett is the first player you pick in your team :thumbsu:.
SC rule # 2 - Make G.Ablett captain Rds 1-22 :thumbsu:.

If Knight is out for a month do Dangerfield and Otten become great targets?

I was impressed with both last week.

I was only going to do one trade this week but considering bringing in one of these two for Anthony. Should definitely keep their spot for at least the next 4 weeks.

To be honest I'm really not sure exactly what to do this week.

My concerns: Hill, Raines, Broughton, Anthony and Wade Thompson who just isn't playing.

I managed to fit a fair few cash cows in but for some reason in SC overlooked both Skipworth and Rich.

It might prove too difficult to get both in this week unless I downgrade a premium and there is absolutely no point in doing that.

Which one of Skipworth and Rich do people think is more valuable to trade for?

Raines has to go for me so I will probably trade him to Cheney, but that means I am starting Cheney with Hill (who hopefully isn't named) and Broughton in my reserves. And with Dempsey, Petrenko, Cheney, Hill and Broughton (3 starting) in my backline, I am almost inviting a disaster to happen.

Then my next trade will be for one of Skipworth or Rich - either trading Anthony to Rich or Thompson to Skipworth.

Some opinions on which trade is better would be appreciated.

Definitely Rich over Skipworth. Rich will play all season and is a decent amount cheaper. i really dont see myself trading him at all. Skipworths position will be under threat by mcveigh, reimers, welsh, prismall, lonergan and others.

[Take 2]:)

My Team:

6 premiums + Hill (Petrenko, Dawson)
3 premiums + Rich, Otten, Robinson (Ziebiel, Anthony)

[Hill] Do I get Cheney or wait to assess Quinn/Rance? There is no room for error as I'm not trading my premiums, so this trade is vital

[Anthony] - how long is this dude out? Do I get Joseph or wait for Beam and Zakaharis (was very impressive and kicked 7 goals in the reserves the previous week)...

No trades used so far ..What's your views?

#4... Ablett will fall in value in due course. It is a matter of fact

In the meantime you will be scoring 30 to 80 points less a week by captaining someone else. Why wait for him to drop to 650K? I doubt he will drop too much more then that. It would be a better option if you got Ablett.....took the risk of losing 50K and focused on other....more realistic upgrade targets such as Pav, Reiwoldt etc.

My 2c worth mate. But that's the beauty of SC.....if we all had the same approaches, teams and same players it would make it pretty boring. Good luck.

I have Bock and Raines in defence, and wish to trade Dalziell in the middle to get money to upgrade either bock or raines. Should i trade raines or bock to avoid a 0? Bock will probably be back indefinately, (i reckon he'll miss 3 weeks), and raines will miss 2-4. I think hadley is the best trade for dalziell, possibley Ray. What do you think is the best option?

Option 1:

Dalziell to Hadley, Bock to Gilbee, 30k left. Raines on bench.

Option 2:

Dalziell to Hadley, Raines to Houlihan, 50k left. Bock on Bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back