Train-on players-pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintscomemarchingin

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2022
AFL Club
St Kilda
What delisted or state player's could we look at in the pre-season, train on period.

A list:

Riley Bice- Werribee Vfl, can see Geelong picking him in the draft or rookie. 2nd in the B&F.

Harry Boyd- Norwood SA, Ruckman & joint magarey medalist this year.

Coby Burgiel-WC, may not of liked it in the West. Worth another crack?, back home in Vic.

Jai Culley-WC, injury prone, but, as above

Denver Granger Barrass, never showed his potential? at the Hawks or just not Afl standard.

Jayden Magor- Syd.-high-flying junior, didn't show alot up in Sydney.

Eathan Phillips- Key Back- Gringo's love child, only 1 game for the Hawks, a worry.

Curtis Taylor- Norf, highly talented, but inconsistant.

Nick Williams- Southport Sharks- key-back, won best first year player award.

What Others come to mind?

Last edited:
We are struggling to find enough spots for the players we already want.

The way I see it we will probably take the two best mids available at #7 and #8 (will probably be #10 and #11 after father/son and academy picks), then best available at #32, then Adrian Cole at #47 (which will probably be closer to #40)
for which we will get a 20% discount if anyone bids earlier for him, then Lennox Hofmann with our next pick (probably in the #60s), then there's Elwood Peckett and Sam Lindner

That's seven players plus ...

There is also the commitment to select a Sandringham Zebs player, this is where my interest lies, who should we take from Sandy?

Tom Campbell won the B&F (DFA --> Melbourne FC)
Angus McLennan was runner up
Max Heath was third in B&F

Hugo Garcia was equal fourth with two Sandy players: Tom Blamires and Oliver Lowe
Darby Hipwell was seventh in B&F

Josh Docking (outside mid) was voted best first year player

Blake Watson (Inside mid) was voted most courageous player and also most determined player

I have never seen any of them play

Can someone who has give some idea about whether any of these guys look the goods

We are struggling to find enough spots for the players we already want.

The way I see it we will probably take the two best mids available at #7 and #8 (will probably be #10 and #11 after father/son and academy picks), then best available at #32, then Adrian Cole at #47 (which will probably be closer to #40)
for which we will get a 20% discount if anyone bids earlier for him, then Lennox Hofmann with our next pick (probably in the #60s), then there's Elwood Peckett and Sam Lindner

That's seven players plus ...

There is also the commitment to select a Sandringham Zebs player, this is where my interest lies, who should we take from Sandy?

Tom Campbell won the B&F (DFA --> Melbourne FC)
Angus McLennan was runner up
Max Heath was third in B&F

Hugo Garcia was equal fourth with two Sandy players: Tom Blamires and Oliver Lowe
Darby Hipwell was seventh in B&F

Josh Docking (outside mid) was voted best first year player

Blake Watson (Inside mid) was voted most courageous player and also most determined player Courageous & tough for his size.

I have never seen any of them play

Can someone who has give some idea about whether any of these guys look the goods

Ollie Lowe- 188cm, maybe plays like Membrey with more versatility, can play wing. Abit of a Loper, good mark for his size, reliable kick.

Darby Hipwell-182 cm- solid inside mid, with nothing outstanding.

Blake Watson- 173cm sml. Inside mid. who can have impact forward. Lacks Afl pace maybe & has great games, but equally just disappears.

Tom Blamires- my pick, 180cm utility, give him a role & he'll do it adequately. Has played back, forward & wing. Just a solid citizen with no standout feature, but no stand out flaw either. I could see him as an accountable & reliable back-pocket for the Saints.

Josh Docking- 179cm, provides abit of outside run. Was a Saints NGA.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Train-on players-pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back