Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm yeh thanks. You’re confusing me. There’s too many Colby’s on here all of a sudden. Are you one of many aliases or separate individuals?

Anyway
Cox -1
Gawn-1
Goldy- won more Finals than *
Sandilands- won more Finals than *
Clarko- goes gets Hale to win two Flags

A good Ruckman helps

Who Are You Simple Town GIF by Eternal Family

Cox won a premiership outside that time frame. So in 15 years, just one premiership team has featured a top All Australian level ruck. David Hale was never a top ruck. He played second ruck and was serviceable. With all other bases covered, you just need a competitive ruck. So all this negativity and panic that our midfield is suddenly screwed without Todd Goldstein is not really supported by facts. And Clarko knows best.

I don’t think Xerri is anywhere near as bad as some are suggesting. Hes got him self in great shape and training well by the reports.
i agree. in fact people are going to be shocked at how good he is if he gets an injury-free run. many people on here are very wrong about this player. the coaches know and have known for a long time. st kilda knew too.

sure, hes got plenty to work on, but hes going to be influential around the ball and put up massive numbers in contested possessions, clearances, tackles. dont be surprised if he ends up with a nice goal tally too, as we saw some good forward work in one game last season.

i agree. in fact people are going to be shocked at how good he is if he gets an injury-free run. many people on here are very wrong about this player. the coaches know and have known for a long time. st kilda knew too.

sure, hes got plenty to work on, but hes going to be influential around the ball and put up massive numbers in contested possessions, clearances, tackles. dont be surprised if he ends up with a nice goal tally too, as we saw some good forward work in one game last season.
He just needs to start clunking a few more marks.

Cox won a premiership outside that time frame. So in 15 years, just one premiership team has featured a top All Australian level ruck. David Hale was never a top ruck. He played second ruck and was serviceable. With all other bases covered, you just need a competitive ruck. So all this negativity and panic that our midfield is suddenly screwed without Todd Goldstein is not really supported by facts. And Clarko knows best.

Idk how you misconstrued my post as being necessary to have an AA Ruckman

A competent Ruckman that can tap the ball to the mids is all I am asking to save on the fatigue for the mids

X has potential; but so does half the list

But yeh, you never answered which Colby you are just sayin

A competent Ruckman that can tap the ball to the mids is all I am asking to save on the fatigue for the mids

Save on fatigue? Spare me, that's such nonsense. What is clear from the last 15 years is that the best midfield groups are not dependent on their own ruck to win taps and feed it directly into their path. All they require is a competitive beast to ensure that the opposition ruck isn't having it all his own way and palming the ball directly to their opponents. But even if he is, a well set up and talented midfield group can minimise the damage. If rucks were as important to the modern game as you seem to think, they'd be winning Brownlows. I suspect you're stuck living in the 70s when that was a common occurrence.

This is his seventh year.

He’d want to start showing something now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Save on fatigue? Spare me, that's such nonsense. What is clear from the last 15 years is that the best midfield groups are not dependent on their own ruck to win taps and feed it directly into their path. All they require is a competitive beast to ensure that the opposition ruck isn't having it all his own way and palming the ball directly to their opponents. But even if he is, a well set up and talented midfield group can minimise the damage. If rucks were as important to the modern game as you seem to think, they'd be winning Brownlows. I suspect you're stuck living in the 70s when that was a common occurrence.

Again your inability to read is evident
Leave it be

Great that he's ripping it up on the track, but he needs to do something about career figures of 14 contested marks v 51 frees against (67 clangers). No point pushing the ruck out of the way then handing him the ball.
Everything I’ve seen up to now tells me that he’s a complete klutz.

No doubt he’s a trier but I don’t see anything else.

I don’t think Xerri is anywhere near as bad as some are suggesting. Hes got him self in great shape and training well by the reports.
Being in great shape and training well is encouraging. But the eternal question yet to be answered with X is, can he football?

Jury is still out on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back