Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry if this has been answered but has Jacobs starting trading yet?

If not do we have an expected date?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey the Ziebull we finally have a list manager now shut up.

Interesting, and in no way unintentional, use of the word "rebuilding" and all it implies.

An absolute turkey slap on Scotts and co.

Seems a fresh set of eyes (or four) have seen what we’ve been seeing from the outside.

The place had gone to shit.

Simpkin- " will Cpt the club one day" - is flying

LDU, Cunners, Anderson, Dumont, LDU- all putting in huge effort to improve fitness

Durdin- training very well, and will be backed in to take marks instead of spoiling

Pittard going to a new level of ability, is really taking on the...well... training. Asked him why he hasn't done this so well in the past, was told not to do it.

Rawlings- "rebuilding the culture is a priority".

Any word on Crocker? Doesn’t seem to get mentioned much.

I laugh at Wood v Garner comparisons.

One is extremely fit, always turns up ultra fit and openly admits he can do a bit more, the other belting blokes on the piss, done nothing and generally been a massive disappointment.

Wood thank you.

I laugh at Wood v Garner comparisons.

One is extremely fit, always turns up ultra fit and openly admits he can do a bit more, the other belting blokes on the piss, done nothing and generally been a massive disappointment.

Wood thank you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

One has played blinding football in finals. It isn't Mason.

One is repeatedly praised for his attitude to dealing with repeated injuries. It isn't Mason.

One attacks every contest with the ferocity required of a top line player. It isn't Mason.

Mason Wood will not be playing AFL football in 2021. The only reason he is playing ... VFL that is ... in 2020 is because we stupidly signed him on a long deal.

Mason will make an excellent personal trainer, or possibly male Meter Maid.

Garner wins us finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

One is repeatedly praised for his attitude to dealing with repeated injuries. It isn't Mason.

One attacks every contest with the ferocity required of a top line player. It isn't Mason.

Mason Wood will not be playing AFL football in 2021. The only reason he is playing ... VFL that is ... in 2020 is because we stupidly signed him on a long deal.

Garner wins us finals.
You reckon wood will play majority vfl in 2020?

If we're in form and not suffering injuries yes.

I'll be very happily surprised if it "clicks" for him this year but IMO Zurhaar, a fit Garner and Tarryn Thomas are all streets ahead of him, and Larkey has already cut his "mobile running forward" lunch.

I'll be very happily surprised if it "clicks" for him this year but IMO Zurhaar, a fit Garner and Tarryn Thomas are all streets ahead of him, and Larkey has already cut his "mobile running forward" lunch.
Room for all those

All in my 22

I’m really hoping Wood plays because if Wood is playing ahead of those keeping him out it probably means a few things have happened;

It means he’s probably kicking 40+ goals for the season, remained uninjured, tackling hard in the forward line, taking contested marks at CHF.

It probably means that we are playing finals

So good luck Wood!

Last edited:

Garner wins us finals.
5 minutes in a game 5 years ago. You cant keep hanging his hat for him on that richmond game. He played 9 games for 5 goals. What matters is his recent form, not his burst of good footy years ago. And his recent form stinks. Grow up

Garner wins us finals.

Wood will be in the best 22 in 2020 bar form or injuries

Seemed like you were pretty happy already with that laugh ;)

Yea numbers are getting pretty tight in the forward line, which is great because it means form and talent is coming through. Suppose if thats what keeps him out of the side then its just a bit of hard luck not grasping the brass ring when the opportunity was there.

Still, both are pretty bad with injury runs, so one might just end up being luckily less injured than the other.

Wood will be in the best 22 in 2020 bar form or injuries

Does this mean Wood will do his usual play one great game then six shithouse ones? Coz that's not form.

Wood won’t play back now we have pick up a bit extra coverage in Walker.

Needs to find a second position. FWD and Wing? Problem is both require a lot of proactive movement and to be ‘on’ at all times. I think he would have blossomed playing defence.

I wouldn't be so sure on Wood.

Brown, Larkey, Zurhaar, Wood, Hosie, Garner, Thomas, Turner, Mahoney, Xerri, Comben.

Then the very real prospect Ziebell, Hall, Bonar, Walker or Simpkin could spend stints down there.

We can only play 5 or 6 depending on structure down there.

Really think there's really only room for two of Thomas, Wood, Hosie and Garner at any one time. Thomas will be playing the entire year. So two of Wood, Hosie and Garner. Maybe.

Really think there's really only room for two of Thomas, Wood, Hosie and Garner at any one time. Thomas will be playing the entire year. So two of Wood, Hosie and Garner. Maybe.

Agreeish - reckon Thomas will play lots of midfield.

Of Wood, Garner and Hosie, we know that when fit and not suspended Garner is a walk up start. Hosie has never played a senior game. Wiid plays one good every seven weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back