Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Henshaw would’ve gotten McDonald Tipunwuti most likely. He would’ve taken care of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, it would have been Ken Montgomery. He was a tad quicker over the ground.

Was pretty good in my day - walk the dog, around the world, rock the baby......................
Not sure of the relevance to footy training. Hand eye coordination I suppose. Reckon they would be concentrating on skills and fitness instead of playing games.

All the Tassie boys are there.

Were you there GR?

I turned up for about 20 mins or half an hour. Yo yo test must have been over.

EVW was just getting off the ground as we arrived. Didn't see him doing anything but had a quick chat and he seemed very positive about his knee.

Will Walker was running laps and his knee looked strong. (Well his stride did. very even and no buckling or anything.) Looked a bit heavier too - stronger thru the shoulders, bigger arms. They were doing some skills and then started match simulations. Paul Ahern's kicking and movement is very deceptive. If he hits his straps it will be great. Didn't really take alot of notice of players otherwise. Did notice Goldy was getting out on his own a bit. If he won the yo yo test earlier that's even more impressive. I did notice that they seemed switched on. Very few skill errors (which you'd expect i guess but its still a good sign.)

Flyin' Flynn was with the junior group and was asking Boomer for feedback about things and then making sure he was exactly clear on very specific details (I was walking around the oval and right there at that point.) He seemed to be focused on getting whatever it was right. That's a good sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you there GR?

I turned up for about 20 mins or half an hour. Yo yo test must have been over.

EVW was just getting off the ground as we arrived. Didn't see him doing anything but had a quick chat and he seemed very positive about his knee.

Will Walker was running laps and his knee looked strong. (Well his stride did. very even and no buckling or anything.) Looked a bit heavier too - stronger thru the shoulders, bigger arms. They were doing some skills and then started match simulations. Paul Ahern's kicking and movement is very deceptive. If he hits his straps it will be great. Didn't really take alot of notice of players otherwise. Did notice Goldy was getting out on his own a bit. If he won the yo yo test earlier that's even more impressive. I did notice that they seemed switched on. Very few skill errors (which you'd expect i guess but its still a good sign.)

Flyin' Flynn was with the junior group and was asking Boomer for feedback about things and then making sure he was exactly clear on very specific details (I was walking around the oval and right there at that point.) He seemed to be focused on getting whatever it was right. That's a good sign.
I wasn't but had a friend there.

I've been saing for a decade we have the players but not the coach.

Was i right? Who knows, but players remain and coach sacked.

Very excited for 2020.

Even if we are rubbish under Shaw, still prefer it over doing nothing and be rubbish anyway.

Full credit to our Admin for making all possible moves to obtain success.

Last edited:
I watched a lot of him at Oakleigh Chargers and I can tell you he was an excellent kick. He would hit up 30-40 meter passes with ease lace out, plus kick deep with a penetrating kick. I likened him at the time to Goddard, it was seriously top notch.

The only reasoning that I can think of for him not being able to transition his kicking skills is not being able to adapt to the speed of the game. His kicking is still a long way off the expectations we had hoped, but it has definitely improved from his first few years at the club. I can only guess that adapting more to the speed and intensity of the game has contributed to that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m prob stating the obvious but dont ya reckon he has less time at AFL level? He’s not quick, crabs out to the left and the pressure comes at him fast.

I’m prob stating the obvious but dont ya reckon he has less time at AFL level? He’s not quick, crabs out to the left and the pressure comes at him fast.

I think that’s the exact reasoning for him not being able to transition his kicking to the top level. Some can adapt quickly, some take a 2-3 years and some never do.
I think his kicking has improved marginally over the years (there were times early on where he was kicking bombs into the corridor), but overall he just hasn’t been able to adapt to the speed of the game. His work in traffic, composure, decision making and being able to execute is miles off what it was at under 18 level.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back