Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saing for a decade we have the players but not the coach.

Was i right? Who knows, but players remain and coach sacked.

Very excited for 2020.

Even if we are rubbish under Shaw, still prefer it over doing nothing and be rubbish anyway.

Full credit to our Admin for making all possible moves to obtain success.
Saying what for a decade - you have literally been on this site for 11 days?

Maginess speaks well, but gee he's made of pipe cleaners!
He needs to spend all summer with Spud mentoring him.
Just eat ****ing sweet potato after sweet potato, carbs and stack on the chicken breast and red meat as well.

He will literally have his collarbone ripped to pieces if he participates in contact training.

Comben on the other hand is a good size. You can see the frame and foundation is there to be a solid unit.

19yo who didn't attract any interest from other clubs. Seems to me a token selection to keep the Tassie NGA partners on side.

19yo who didn't attract any interest from other clubs. Seems to me a token selection to keep the Tassie NGA partners on side.
3rd in tassie bnf
Won defender of the year for them and players player

2 free cat b spots
No brainer

I’m driving his bandwagon. We will stop off past your house to say hello when he shows his quality.

Think he will surprise a lot here. Very smart footballer IMO

youre missing my boy A.Boner.. that kid is going to playing a lot next year.

From your comment in the Captain Jack thread.

It just reminded me that Bonar stood out a few times in the match sims. Great delivery into the forward line. Good in traffic. Won contests and ran past to offer support.

1) The new NMFC website page layout is shite.
2) Maginness isn't even on it.

Yep, unbelievable that a multi-million dollar organisation can produce such a crappy design. Player missing, terrible white glow over the player photos, cheap graphics, no Lachie Hosie and proper club images for the new players. Just put them in a guernsey and take a iPhone photo in front of a bloody wall ffs rather than wait for the formal photo shoot day. I've designed a few websites as an amateur and they aint anything too special, but they leave this for dead.

Fair point.

I remember Sydney had this guy coming through their system. Nobody else bothered going for him so they took him with a zone pick using their last selection in the rookie draft.

Then there was this tall skinny kid in WA, got to 20 and nobody thought he was worth too much. Freo ended up burning a 2nd round rookie pick on him.

Goes to show, all good players go in the 1st round and quality players never go undrafted for a year then come in off rookie lists. I mean, who's heard of Kieran Jack or Aaron Sandilands?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From your comment in the Captain Jack thread.

It just reminded me that Bonar stood out a few times in the match sims. Great delivery into the forward line. Good in traffic. Won contests and ran past to offer support.
If GWS thought Hobart last year was a tough, wait till they see Bonar off the chain with Shaw in his ear. Pain awaits and they’ll regret letting him go.

Last edited:
Has he been underwhelming?
The sequence shot of Scott getting away from him is the only thing I could go by to get that impression...
Not basing it on how he's gone as I haven't seen myself. It was more a general statement that currently, as a new player, there are guys who would be picked in the 22 before him. It's his job to make a statement and push his way in come Round 1.

Has he been underwhelming?

Who does he push out based on actual exposed form? He's pretty much reliant on his draft position at this stage.

In terms of young mids, LDU and Bailey are ahead of him, as is Tarryn if playing as a mid.

Keen to see Aiden put his head down in the twos and force the selectors hand.

Who does he push out based on actual exposed form? He's pretty much reliant on his draft position at this stage.

In terms of young mids, LDU and Bailey are ahead of him, as is Tarryn if playing as a mid.

Keen to see Aiden put his head down in the twos and force the selectors hand.
Minus Cunnington, we’re actually a pretty shocking clearance team.
a big boy with good skills, who can run like the wind, just might find himself playing a few games.

McGuinness looks legitimately 3+ years away from having an AFL body. Pretty tough considering he's 20 next year. Tassie really hasn't had a strong player development culture for the last decade or so though. So hopefully it's a case of him being underappreciated and neglected as a footy talent with regards to making sure his diet is right and he isn't buggered from a genetic position to put on size.

Going to be really important he doesn't get any injuries in his first year with us. Can't afford to have any time outside of the gym or track.

Minus Cunnington, we’re actually a pretty shocking clearance team.
a big boy with good skills, who can run like the wind, just might find himself playing a few games.

He might if he can prove himself in the twos.

At this stage LDU is playing a clearance mid ahead of him, Bailey is playing outside ahead of him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back