Trash Talking in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

The Narrm GM seemed to say they will keep it under wraps, though yes it would be spicy to learn the nature of this sick burn. Dorko was always going to sook it up, when Mr. Ed humiliated him with that run down he seethed and writhed like an OF girl getting called a fivehead, was exposed big time last night (as usual ;)).

He targeted his mother ?

He's cactus!!

2634b19a182bdee183be856fd0c1f232_w200.gif

How good was this? :)

images

Also apparently running into goal, Tony Lockett used to target loud mouth opposition Cheer squad members who gave him lip with a lethal hard short kick !

...and then the league sends them a please explain and fines the player, the player apologies, sorry to mums and kids, not how we want the game to look, blah, blah, blah.

When you say see you later do you mean the AFL should sanction him?

Seems to me the shame that Zorko carries from now on will be sanction enough. People will bring it up years from now what a dog he was for the sledge.

For mine this one can be left to the players to sort out on field in any future clashes, and Brisbane internally if they see fit.
So if one person in your workplace personally abused another, you'd expect your employer to do nothing and just say 'let them settle it in the carpark'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omfg stuff said in the heat of the moment who gives a rats. My wife says worse things to me and vica versa nightly. We don’t sook to draw a crowd cause our spines are made of bone not custard.
Hurtful words thrown around in a broken marriage is a different scenario. Record them. That is of benefit to you in the divorce proceedings. On the footy field it doesn't really add to anything.

Personally I think it’s pathetic that a comment from an opposition player can bring a bloke to tears. Toughen up for * sake. How soft have we become. They’re only words

"They are only words" was used to justify bullying and harassment for years.

But research has shown that verbal bullying can be far more harmful than physical. Bruises heal quick, personal, verbal bullying take a lot longer.

Personally I think it’s pathetic that a comment from an opposition player can bring a bloke to tears. Toughen up for * sake. How soft have we become. They’re only words

Yeah good point. They’re only words.

Tell that to the parent that’s burying their 15 year old because they’re getting bullied verbally at school and take their own life.

Tell it to the husband or wife who’s lost the right to see their family because of the words of an ex partner and takes their own life.

Tell it to the young guy dealing with depression who hears the wrong thing and takes his own life.

F***ing hell mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trash Talking in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back