Travis Cloke signed with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Black JuJu
Has this even been confirmed yet?

I would be stunned if the contract details were accurate, as if they'd sign an untried youngster for 4 years let alone $500,000.

Channel 7 just confirmed it 5 minutes ago

4 years - $500,000 deal

All for somebody who can't get a kick in the Under 18's Championships

Any more Cloke duds the Pies going to signup?

Originally posted by Black Panther

4 years - $500,000 deal

thanks for your prediction - time will tell if you are right. while you're waiting maybe you get develop the guts to list your team in your profile

ummm i think collingwood have well and truely fallen off their trolley. this cant be the travis cloke that i just watched playing for vic metro on foxfooty!!!
he is a slow, cumbersome bully at under age level. even with his ample frame he struggles. how can he get paid $125000 a year? the first pick in the draft gets a max of $60 000 along with all other first round picks. and for 4 years?? that is a huge contract considering he is completely unproven and has barely blizted at any underage competition.
i dont know about his last game for metro but his first game he got 6 possesions from CHF, where he played a full game.

he was eligible for the draft last year, did he choose to stay on another year?

4 years - $500,000 deal

Well as I said, I'm stunned.

That's a whole lot of pressure on the lad from the get-go.

What's your feelings on this one Pie fans?

Oh and is it going to be possible to discuss this without the thread being flooded by trolls and bait takers?

4 years - $500,000 deal

Travis Cloke 2004 TAC Cup Stats

Round 1 vs Western @ Box Hill
11 kicks, 7 marks, 1 tackle, 1 free for, 3 hit outs, 3 goals, 4 behinds

Round 2 vs Geelong @ Box Hill
10 kicks, 5 handballs, 6 marks, 1 tackle, 2 frees for, 3 frees against, 3 goals, 5 behinds

Round 3 vs Calder @ Box Hill
11 kicks, 2 handballs, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 2 frees for, 4 frees against, 5 goals, 3 behinds

Round 4 vs Tassie @ Box Hill
5 kicks, 1 mark, 1 tackle, 4 frees for, 2 frees against, 2 goals, 1 behind

Round 5 vs North Ballarat @ North Ballarat
11 kicks, 6 handballs, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 1 free for, 1 free against, 1 goal, 3 behinds

Round 6 vs Sandringham @ Box Hill
DNP

Round 7 vs Northern @ Box Hill
DNP

Round 8 vs Bendigo @ Bendigo
DNP

Round 9 vs Dandenong @ Dandenong
DNP

Round 10 vs Oakleigh @ Box Hill
DNP

Round 11 vs Gippsland @ Morwell
DNP

Totals
5 games
48 kicks
23 marks
13 handballs
61 possessions
6 tackles
10 frees for
10 frees against
3 hit outs
14 goals
16 behinds

That's a fair dud we've picked up....

Nothing brilliant but certainly not bad stats, moron. (Thanks to Hoggy for that stats from the D&T board)

Originally posted by Black JuJu
Well as I said, I'm stunned.

That's a whole lot of pressure on the lad from the get-go.

What's your feelings on this one Pie fans?

Oh and is it going to be possible to discuss this without the thread being flooded by trolls and bait takers?

Like I said (and you for that matter) it puts a hell of a lot of pressure on Travis, and I'd like to know where we're getting the cash from seeing as though MM said we were a bit tight at the moment...

Still, I've only heard good things about him.......but I'll wait untill I see him first hand.

Makes one wonder why Collingwood needed to make such a commitment.

Hope for the kids sake that he's more like Cameron than Jason.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Makes one wonder why Collingwood needed to make such a commitment.

Hope for the kids sake that he's more like Cameron than Jason.

People have been saying he's the best Cloke, so I guess that's something.

While Jason's not terrible (I know a lot of little sheep have jumped on that bandwagon), he's just not consitent enough for a key defender.

Originally posted by leonmagic
People have been saying he's the best Cloke, so I guess that's something.

I've not seen him play, so i'll reserve judgment. Just a huge amount of pressure on a kid who is still 9 months away from even pulling on a Collingwood jumper.

Are these Clokes supposed to be some sort of footballing dynasty or something? Because to be honest if it wasn't for all that fuss over the GF two years ago I doubt I'd have even heard of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Mark Viduka
How can you offer a rookie a 4 year deal??? I thought rules stipulated that a rookie is offered a 2 year deal on signing and its at the base rate or something.

Don't know, but Gary Ablett Jnr. was given a three year deal upon being drafted.

His father wanted him to have the three years, rather than the two.

I can only think Richmond made him some huge offer and so Collingwood had to respond with a similar offer to get him. If he didn't have a choice between two clubs I doubt he would be getting this much money.

collingwood have been ripped off - the magpies have no idea with recruiting, its hilarious.

Hutchie suggested that Collingwood were *****ed off but had to pay heaps because they had to match Richmonds offer.

It was some rear ended deal so maybe for the 1st year or 2 he is on the standard 1st year player contract.

Originally posted by MarkT
I don't believe it. Was a 2 year deal for all 3 and it wouldn't be $500k.

In fact I believe ALL first and second year players have their salaries capped at something pretty small (35,000 or so),

Hutchy is possibly the worst footy journo in the country - comes out with utter crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis Cloke signed with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back