Trent Cotchin

Captain Cotchin or Riewoldt for 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Your blaming the umpires when you were out played. Lose with some humility - you would think you would be used to it be now.
Actually, champ, I pointed out that had the free kick (which was obviously there, and has subsequently been acknowledged by the umpiring department) been paid we might have been in front with all of 7min to play and who knows how things would have ended up... so all of this rampant idiocy potting Richmond and Cotchin as if we were smashed is misplaced and North supporters should be thankful for the victory and move on.

It was a tight game, either side might have won, but yours did so good luck to you.

Actually, champ, I pointed out that had the free kick (which was obviously there, and has subsequently been acknowledged by the umpiring department) been paid we might have been in front with all of 7min to play and who knows how things would have ended up... so all of this rampant idiocy potting Richmond and Cotchin as if we were smashed is misplaced and North supporters should be thankful for the victory and move on.

It was a tight game, either side might have won, but yours did so good luck to you.
Best side won. Thank goodness!!

I'm not being dramatic but Cotchin should be traded.

Can't be bothered reading all the posts but Cotch has had a lot of trouble with his back and has been taking pain meds to manage it. If anyone here has had a bad back they would know how debilitating it is. This is NOT an excuse for him though. Once you cross the white line you are deemed fit to play. But all this talk about trading him and so on is just so naive, the morons who post it show they have no idea about football, the club environment and culture.

Can't be bothered reading all the posts but Cotch has had a lot of trouble with his back and has been taking pain meds to manage it. If anyone here has had a bad back they would know how debilitating it is. This is NOT an excuse for him though. Once you cross the white line you are deemed fit to play. But all this talk about trading him and so on is just so naive, the morons who post it show they have no idea about football, the club environment and culture.
Didn't stop him from getting 30 touches the week before when the heat was off.

Well we can't all be "Mr Nice Guy" Cotchin can we? I'm sure he was well liked by the North Players on Sunday, kept giving them first crack at the ball!
rather that than Rockiff driving wedges between the playing group. Does Brisbane still have a side for 2016?

rather that than Rockiff driving wedges between the playing group. Does Brisbane still have a side for 2016?

This thread is about 3 kicks Cotchin and we are currently discussing his poor performance in last weeks game and whether he is fit to be a captain.

There's a scandal and rumours board to discuss the latest Damien Barrett story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, after a week off for his back. He shouldn't have played and had 2 weeks off. Poor decision by the club.
Ahh so it was the second week back from the injury that was impacted by the injury? Not the first?

Well when there is 8 teams in the comp someone has to finish last. Think I would rather that though than be talked up and over rated about 3 years in a row only to be straight in and straight out of the finals race
Bit rich coming from the team that has one flag and even then it was held up in a collingwood jumper

I'm not keen on this poll. I don't think Cotchin is a great leader, and while Riewoldt's done some growing up since the vaulting fence / too precious to do media stuff, he sort of strikes me as not very bright.

Are there some other options of Tigers who could step up? (Not Dustin, obviously. Or Rance - he has the wrong kind of teeth, they are not skipper teeth)

Or is it more likely the big stage and Jacobs got hold of Trent?
Jacobs played a great game. Trent positioned himself so that Goldstein's taps did not lead to an easy straight path to North's goal. So he recognized he was being well blanketed so he thought that the next best thing for the team was to try to block. I'm sure none of you could see that on TV but was obvious to those at the game who watch these things.

commentators has called him submissive

adjective
inclined or ready to submit or yield to the authority of another;unresistingly or humbly obedient:
submissive servants.
marked by or indicating submission or an instance of yielding to theauthority of another:
a submissive reply.

Back