Banter TRTT Part 13: 2021 Goodbye (To 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edgie just out of curiosity I plugged my LP60 through an audio channel switcher & fed the output to the bluetooth speaker's aux input, it actually sounds fine certainly a lot better than the crap all in one stereos my parents had when I was kid.

The volume output level of records is a bit lower than streaming sources, the bass & treble are performing quite well with the record player though.

You wouldn't win any audiophile awards but it's fine until you get better options.

edgie just out of curiosity I plugged my LP60 through an audio channel switcher & fed the output to the bluetooth speaker's aux input, it actually sounds fine certainly a lot better than the crap all in one stereos my parents had when I was kid.

The volume output level of records is a bit lower than streaming sources, the bass & treble are performing quite well with the record player though.

You wouldn't win any audiophile awards but it's fine until you get better options.

It's fine if those records are his only source of what he's listening to but otherwise...why?

Is there anything that says "I'm a massive dickhead" more than owning a jetski?

They're loud, expensive, annoying and usually only come out once a year. You're a grown man spending 20k on a toy in order to piss off everyone else.
I take solace in the risk of them falling off the back and the jet propulsion forcefully violating them.

It's fine if those records are his only source of what he's listening to but otherwise...why?
It's entire process, the tangibility of things.

Yeah I could Bluetooth or stream the same stuff, through a higher quality system, optical cable, HDMI, RCA, whatevs, but if I have a choice to use physical media, it's just a more fulfilling experience. I have a car with Bluetooth and a car without, and for reasons difficult to explain, there's a greater satisfaction putting a cd or cassette in of fixed music that I can't chop and change to whatever I feel like, then going Bluetooth and with limitless choices, having the entire discography of everyone at my fingertips, perhaps it's too much choice. It makes listening to music a less personal thing.

Tldr I'm old.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is there anything that says "I'm a massive dickhead" more than owning a jetski?

They're loud, expensive, annoying and usually only come out once a year. You're a grown man spending 20k on a toy in order to piss off everyone else.
I mean I think the same about 99% of dirtbike owners, even if they come out far more frequently. At least a jetski is limited to water, not streets.

Yeah I could Bluetooth or stream the same stuff, through a higher quality system, optical cable, HDMI, RCA, whatevs, but if I have a choice to use physical media, it's just a more fulfilling experience. I have a car with Bluetooth and a car without, and for reasons difficult to explain, there's a greater satisfaction putting a cd or cassette in of fixed music that I can't chop and change to whatever I feel like, then going Bluetooth and maybe it's a bit of too much choice at times, having the entire discography of everyone at my fingertips, perhaps it's too much choice. It makes listening to music a less personal thing.

Tldr I'm old.

Next time you are in the big smoke you could just buy a used stereo & speakers for next to nothing, plug ya record player into it & live the dream though.

Yeah I could Bluetooth or stream the same stuff, through a higher quality system, optical cable, HDMI, RCA, whatevs, but if I have a choice to use physical media, it's just a more fulfilling experience. I have a car with Bluetooth and a car without, and for reasons difficult to explain, there's a greater satisfaction putting a cd or cassette in of fixed music that I can't chop and change to whatever I feel like, then going Bluetooth and maybe it's a bit of too much choice at times, having the entire discography of everyone at my fingertips, perhaps it's too much choice. It makes listening to music a less personal thing.

Tldr I'm old.

Yeah I get the appeal of the physical medium but I was just talking in terms of sound quality.
CDs in the car or Bluetooth, yeah negligible difference.
If you're going to the effort of playing a record though you at least want it to sound superior. All you're gaining though plugging it into that little speaker is some added crackles and pops and lower volume.

As Jimmy said, buy a cheap amp a couple of speakers and you'll be loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back