Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Body only - direct blow to the chest during a tackle.

Wow, amazing sometimes how fragile the human body can be. Some people survive insane collisions or impacts where you think surely there's no way.. and a regulation body on body hit has this guy in a critical condition. Life is precious

Its bloody sad whats happening but the replies to this are classic twitter

What would you know guy

I dunno ive been a doctor for 26 years...

Yeah - guy is just giving an informed opinion of what he thinks happened based on what he saw from TV and gets blasted for 'giving a diagnosis without knowing all the facts'.

As you say - classic social media response.

Commotio cordis- remember reading some articles about US kids baseball in which there were some fatalities when players were struck in the chest by the ball.

They introduced chest padding in junior leagues to help protect against it. Very rare event, as it relies on an exact timing of the chest compression with a particular phase of the hearts rhythm.

John Carpenter / Kurt Russell is an underrated Director/Actor combo. Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from New York, Escape from LA, The Thing. Top quality 80's horror and action.
The other three are top quality, LA was not good.

A reminder the incident happened very early in the first quarter of a highly anticipated Monday Night game that is critical for the NFL playoff standings taking place in front of a huge live audience.

As to the injury itself - this tweet probably makes the most sense.

Yup they changed the baseball catchers gear after this info. It all has to be 'approved' stuff now.

It's called the NOCSAE standard.

Meant to watch that game today, then got distracted doing other s**t. was a massive hyped game between two superbowl contenders.

Must have been weird atmosphere at the stadium after it happened

The crowd and player reaction reminded me of Christian Eriksen collapsing at the Euros.

Walked in to buy a GLB AMG...walked out with a GLE AMG. Couldnt take the space hit coming from a Prado lol

Renting the spare room to the shower fapper paid off.

Did a quick google, looks like a beast.

is it the sort of car you’re too scared to take away from anything other than a pristine road? Like just gonna be a city suv or nah and will go wherever with it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Renting the spare room to the shower fapper paid off.

Did a quick google, looks like a beast.

is it the sort of car you’re too scared to take away from anything other than a pristine road? Like just gonna be a city suv or nah and will go wherever with it?
Its an AWD not a 4WD. Mainly went for it for a few reasons over the GLB or Landcruiser 300...

1) height was just right. You feel high in it, but not on stilts like our prado (it has a lift).

2) missus sat in the drivers seat and immediately felt safe, not the case in the GLB. She is a bit anxious driving as she has been hit three times. One was a tbone. Prado drives like a truck, GLE drives alot smaller if you get what im trying to say....despite it being wider than the prado by a fair margin lol.

3) the fun to drive factor. 430hp, its ****ing quick and in sport mode the exhaust note is next level.

4) way more luxury for your $ over any of the landcruiser variants.

5) immediately available in the colour/rim spec i wanted.

6) trade in on the prado at an all time high due to supply issues at Toyota, so lots of equity to play with that allowed the budget to go to that 180k mark.

7) I just dont 4wd anymore. So no longer had the drawcard of one, so may as well go for luxury/comfort over robustness.

Also.... i hit my head getting into a GLB and immediately hated it as being too small. The drive in it was really fun in AMG spec though.

Its an AWD not a 4WD. Mainly went for it for a few reasons over the GLB or Landcruiser 300...

1) height was just right. You feel high in it, but not on stilts like our prado (it has a lift).

2) missus sat in the drivers seat and immediately felt safe, not the case in the GLB. She is a bit anxious driving as she has been hit three times. One was a tbone. Prado drives like a truck, GLE drives alot smaller if you get what im trying to say....despite it being wider than the prado by a fair margin lol.

3) the fun to drive factor. 430hp, its ******* quick and in sport mode the exhaust note is next level.

6) trade in on the prado at an all time high due to supply issues at Toyota, so lots of equity to play with that allowed the budget to go to that 180k mark.

7) I just dont 4wd anymore. So no longer had the drawcard of one, so may as well go for luxury/comfort over robustness.

Also.... i hit my head getting into a GLB and immediately hated it as being too small. The drive in it was really fun in AMG spec though.
Did you get the coupe or the boxier one?

3) the fun to drive factor. 430hp, its ******* quick and in sport mode the exhaust note is next level.

Nice.

I bought a Forrester (a while ago) as I didn’t quite need an off-roader but a good road tripper, and it damn well helped driving through flooded roads this Xmas.

I’ll never buy another sedan again.

Should have gone the g-wagen m9

Nice.

I bought a Forrester (a while ago) as I didn’t quite need an off-roader but a good road tripper, and it damn well helped driving through flooded roads this Xmas.

I’ll never buy another sedan again.
True really. Height is such a bonus. My missus doesnt feel safe unless shes up a bit higher which is good for me as it means I can get anything I want in terms of SUV lol.

Nice and roomy. Way more boot space than the prado surprisingly, and wide for our second kid which is in the works in the next year or so.

I was having a look at the HSV Camaro's last night, the base model is like 60k and the top spec 160k.

Wtf

Are there any other model cars where different specs are nearly triple as much? At that much price difference it should be considered an entirely different sort of car.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Ahaha i totally would but not quite in the budget

I wouldn't actually recommend it lol, have you sat in one? They are uncomfortable af, even worse than a 70 series cruiser. Sat in one kitted out for bushfires and yeah, as a tool they're good for the purpose but I can't imagine having one for a daily. Although the AMG version is a bit nuts and maybe they actually made it comfy

I was having a look at the HSV Camaro's last night, the base model is like 60k and the top spec 160k.

Wtf

Are there any other model cars where different specs are nearly triple as much? At that much price difference it should be considered an entirely different sort of car.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Is the base model a 6cyl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back