Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still way easier on the back (and don’t hit the head on the doorway) in a suv.
Personally I find my Commodore easier than using the Kluger. I have to reach further and it puts more pressure on the back. I'm not 7 foot so a standard sedan is enough room for two kids.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Yea fukc this un-gentlemanlike cricket days of yore horseshit if you are creeping up a mile I'm going the mankad

I never understood why it was considered unsportsmanlike. If you’re fool enough to be too far out of your crease then you get what you deserve. It’s no different to a pickoff in baseball.

Yeah - guy is just giving an informed opinion of what he thinks happened based on what he saw from TV and gets blasted for 'giving a diagnosis without knowing all the facts'.

As you say - classic social media response.
What do you really expect.
He informed opinion has holes that you can drive a bus through.
If you read the info on commotio cordis, it's rare and primary affects adolescents without a developed chest from a sharp, quick blow (as he image shows, from a small sphere),
not a professional athlete with fully developed pecs wearing padding that extends from the shoulders to the sternum.

And from a NFL PoV, that wasn't a big hit.

So upgraded my 10 yo garmin watch at Christmas

Forerunner 495

And now randomly as of midnight last night the Heart rate monitor isnt working

Ive tried everything under the sun

Really dissapointed tbh
Never had an issue with my forerunner 35 in 10 years

Have contacted garmin support. Short of a solution I'm after a new watch under warranty

What do you really expect.
He informed opinion has holes that you can drive a bus through.
If you read the info on commotio cordis, it's rare and primary affects adolescents without a developed chest from a sharp, quick blow (as he image shows, from a small sphere),
not a professional athlete with fully developed pecs wearing padding that extends from the shoulders to the sternum.

And from a NFL PoV, that wasn't a big hit.

What was it then, Dr DSL64 MD?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So upgraded my 10 yo garmin watch at Christmas

Forerunner 495

And now randomly as of midnight last night the Heart rate monitor isnt working

Ive tried everything under the sun

Really dissapointed tbh
Never had an issue with my forerunner 35 in 10 years

Have contacted garmin support. Short of a solution I'm after a new watch under warranty

Disappointing... They should help you out surely ??

I'm pretty happy with my 745 currently.

What was it then, Dr DSL64 MD?
As a professional MD, I usually don't give my diagnoses after watching a 12 second video...
And even though most won't/don't admit it, v-injuries are real, and to discount it completely after watching said 12 second video is unprofessional in my professional opinion.

Is it commotio cordis? - dunno
Is it v related? - dunno
Did he have one too many durries before he ran out to play? - dunno

One thing I am certain of though, if it is vax related, we'll never know...

So Renshaw tested postive for COVID this morning but will play anyway? I guess everyones done with it then. Nobody tell OGC.

I've got flu like symptoms and feel like crap, but tested negative for Covid, so will not play test cricket today.

I never understood why it was considered unsportsmanlike. If you’re fool enough to be too far out of your crease then you get what you deserve. It’s no different to a pickoff in baseball.
Its often the case, when someone does actually go the mankad the batsman would've been leaving his crease at approximately the same time the bowler would've released the ball if he'd actually delivered it.

Last night, Zampa was especially pissed about the non-striker creeping up the pitch on the previous delivery because they managed to turn a single into a two. Except the batsman didn't actually leave his crease until after Zampa delivered the ball. It was just a case of hard, premeditated running.

As a professional MD, I usually don't give my diagnoses after watching a 12 second video...
And even though most won't/don't admit it, v-injuries are real, and to discount it completely after watching said 12 second video is unprofessional in my professional opinion.

Is it commotio cordis? - dunno
Is it v related? - dunno
Did he have one too many durries before he ran out to play? - dunno

One thing I am certain of though, if it is vax related, we'll never know...

Please post the name of your practice so we know to never go there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back