Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke the tip of my finger and partial amputation

Waiting for surgery to see if it can be repaired or lose the tip of my finger

Considering it’s been a cpl of hours and maybe longer before I’ll go in worried it might be gone

What a s**t luck time I’ve had lately

Still waiting for surgery but surgeon looked at it and seems to think it’s repairable. A bit of wire and some stitches… so that’s good news. Hopefully playing guitar is still something I can do once it’s healed.

Crushed and amputated finger... still on BigFooty

Breed em tough in the Port

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only partial amputation

There’s still something holding it together but picture a Pez dispenser (actually didn’t quite fold all the way back more like 90o angle)

Seeing it flop off like that was pretty jarring

Surprisingly little pain. I’ve stubbed my toe and felt worse, tho possibly shock and adrenaline until I got the drugs.

There’s nothing to do while I sit and wait to go into surgery. To top it off they reckon I have covid ( no symptoms) and have kicked out my missus who just arrived.

Still waiting for surgery but surgeon looked at it and seems to think it’s repairable. A bit of wire and some stitches… so that’s good news. Hopefully playing guitar is still something I can do once it’s healed.
There is always the Tony Iommi route if not able to be saved.
Hopefully all good news for you.

Only partial amputation

There’s still something holding it together but picture a Pez dispenser (actually didn’t quite fold all the way back more like 90o angle)

Surprisingly little pain. I’ve stubbed my toe and felt worse, tho possibly shock and adrenaline until I got the drugs.

There’s nothing to do while I sit and wait to go into surgery. To top it off they reckon I have covid ( no symptoms) and have kicked out my missus who just arrived.

make the most of it and get some of that sweet sweet workcover

Around 9 hrs since I crushed my finger and still waiting on surgery.

How many operating theatres and doctors could $300+ billion buy again?

Right now

Health care >>>>>>>> submarines for me
What good is having fingers today if in 30 years time we're not finally protected from China under the sea

Around 9 hrs since I crushed my finger and still waiting on surgery.

How many operating theatres and doctors could $300+ billion buy again?

Right now

Health care >>>>>>>> submarines for me
It's shit isn't it... your better off finding some old lady who can sew and get her to put it back on.

Only partial amputation

Bit of superglue and get on with your day.

Only partial amputation

You weren't chasing a black cat under a ladder when you dropped that mirror where you?

Out and things seem positive

Pulverised the bone so no need for a wire, there’s nothing to put it to lol. But it’s only the tip so will heal. Look likely to keep my full finger, watch how it takes over the next week.

Why do I do an injury that means I’ll have time off work , but can’t play ps5 ffs.

Out and things seem positive

Pulverised the bone so no need for a wire, there’s nothing to put it to lol. But it’s only the tip so will heal. Look likely to keep my full finger, watch how it takes over the next week.

Why do I do an injury that means I’ll have time off work , but can’t play ps5 ffs.
Surely there would be a few games out there that you can just use your thumbs for?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Capital Power what's Canberra like to live in? I know you're not a huge fan of the ACT govt but apart from that how do you find it?
I guess the most appropriate answer to that question is that i've been here 40+ years ;)

Pros - clean air, less traffic and reasonably good roads (although this is getting worse with population growth), much shorter commute than the major cities, lots of open space (it's a pretty place from many viewpoints), despite urbanisation it still feels like a garden city, good cafes, plenty of attractions, being a PS town it's more or less immune to economic downturn, you can get most of what you need here pretty readily, if you live in or near the Gungahlin town centre you can catch our $1bn tram to nowhere, GWS play here 3 times a year and there's the Raiders if you're into NRL, kangaroos in the back yard, the weather (if you don't like rain - Canberra is one of the sunniest cities in the world) - I happen to like the differentiation between the seasons but if you like a consistent stable climate it may not appeal so much - winter can get down to about -7 and summer we had 45 a couple of years back

Cons - the ACT government, housing is stupidly expensive and increasingly urbanised, healthcare isnt what you'd expect in a city of 450k, public transport is more or less unusable, no concerts or shows ever come here (because we don't have facilities), services are expensive, brown snakes in the back yard, the fact it hardly ever rains, oh and did I mention the ACT government?

I think the toughest thing about living here is that people are so insular. Because a majority of workers are PS employes, contractors or service providers, they have a very entitled air. They sit in their $2m ex-govvy houses on top of their half dozen rental properties and pretend they have a social conscience because they work for the government and vote Greens. This is primarily why we have had a Greens minority ACT government for the last decade or so.

Happy to answer specific questions if you have them :thumbsu:

Oh, and Sack Koch and Hinkley

I guess the most appropriate answer to that question is that i've been here 40+ years ;)

Pros - clean air, less traffic and reasonably good roads (although this is getting worse with population growth), much shorter commute than the major cities, lots of open space (it's a pretty place from many viewpoints), despite urbanisation it still feels like a garden city, good cafes, plenty of attractions, being a PS town it's more or less immune to economic downturn, you can get most of what you need here pretty readily, if you live in or near the Gungahlin town centre you can catch our $1bn tram to nowhere, GWS play here 3 times a year and there's the Raiders if you're into NRL, kangaroos in the back yard, the weather (if you don't like rain - Canberra is one of the sunniest cities in the world) - I happen to like the differentiation between the seasons but if you like a consistent stable climate it may not appeal so much - winter can get down to about -7 and summer we had 45 a couple of years back

Cons - the ACT government, housing is stupidly expensive and increasingly urbanised, healthcare isnt what you'd expect in a city of 450k, public transport is more or less unusable, no concerts or shows ever come here (because we don't have facilities), services are expensive, brown snakes in the back yard, the fact it hardly ever rains, oh and did I mention the ACT government?

I think the toughest thing about living here is that people are so insular. Because a majority of workers are PS employes, contractors or service providers, they have a very entitled air. They sit in their $2m ex-govvy houses on top of their half dozen rental properties and pretend they have a social conscience because they work for the government and vote Greens. This is primarily why we have had a Greens minority ACT government for the last decade or so.

Happy to answer specific questions if you have them :thumbsu:

Oh, and Sack Koch and Hinkley

Thanks mate. It sounds pretty good to me apart from the housing situation, but that seems to be an issue pretty much everywhere atm.

Moving from where I am now, anywhere is gonna seem like a bustling metropolis... Canberra would probably feel like NYC 🤣

Thanks mate. It sounds pretty good to me apart from the housing situation, but that seems to be an issue pretty much everywhere atm.

Moving from where I am now, anywhere is gonna seem like a bustling metropolis... Canberra would probably feel like NYC 🤣
Yeah on balance if you can afford to buy or rent here it's a great place to live, especially if you have children. Big enough to have the services you need but not so big it's become gridlocked. It's also only 3 hours from Sydney, freeway/tollway door-to-door, so easy to get away. For me it was the reduced commute time compared to Sydney (where I lived previously) and drier climate.

Why do Pakistan kids seem more normal? lack of Apple products? anyway Osama's compound has become a cricket pitch/playground with a few drinkers even lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back