Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anything confirmed yet?
It just seems really odd for it to happen if there was no particular concern during the game?

Although I dont think he was a lock for the 22, he would always have been one of those guys discussed every week and brings great effort, attitude and a mature head - either forward or back - now need guys (other than Dunn) to step up and start showing leadership at those ends of the ground.

Devastating news. Yes he's part of the old gaurd and on his last run, but what an absolute soldier for the club he's been. Of course kicking the first goal of the grand final will be what people remember him for, but what always comes to mind will be that game last year where he could barely lift his arm that he injured during the game. It didn't matter. He stayed out there and fought to the very last second, and went into the contest as hard as he would have if uninjured. True warrior of the CFC and will be sad to see him pull up stumps if in fact he does pack it in after this.

I remember my oldest boy was doing Auskick at Narre Warren, I think it was about 2009. Goldy came down with Jack Anthony and someone else i can't remember. Nicest kid you could ever meet, Goldy was. Down to earth, spent heaps of one-on-one time with the kids. Then we had a scratch match, dads vs the kids/Collingwood boys and I remember watching his kicking then and thinking wow that's a boot!
Awesome servant of the club and I hope he can get back for at least one more.

Not every player in a team has the role of a super star. Goldsack has a role to play every week and he played it very, very well. You can be assured his replacement will be do half the job.

I hope we see Goldsack again. Champion player and by all reports a humble and champion bloke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible news.

Love Goldy and have always considered he has the most rare of assets there is in an AFL footballer. His accelerator button works better when chasing an opponent that chasing the ball. Heart of Phar Lap. Hope he gets back.

Terrible news.

Love Goldy and have always considered he has the most rare of assets there is in an AFL footballer. His accelerator button works better when chasing an opponent that chasing the ball. Heart of Phar Lap. Hope he gets back.
About as far a polar opposite as you can get from Ryan Lonie thinking of their game styles, attributes and strengths.

Just a little thought from the mods

Anyone thinking of following the lead of a few today who thought it apt to discuss their view that Goldsack is no great loss think again and forget it.

You may find a day off would help understand where we are coming from

Bit of respect required and to those who have gone down this path hang your head.

FYI 76woodenspooners Magpie Girl Anzacday Jasper84

This thread reads like a eulogy.:'(

Although the chances of Goldy getting back are not good, given his age, anatomically there’s a massive heart beating in there. Will go a long way to hastening his recovery.:)

Great club man, often underrated, and THAT first goal. Remember his mum’s bet? I spent a lot of time defending her from the haters after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance he could have Lars and be back in the 2nd half of the season?

I hope so.. but my guess is.. it was his last yr.. so really not worth the few games he might play.. that's of course if it goes ok and his fitness is up to scratch.

Kind of bloke I'd love to see involved in the club post football career.

Looking forward I think he will make a great coach.
Agree. Also, a few more like Goldy and we would not have required a "cultural refit" or whatever - yes yes I know we need "characters" but part of the value of players like Goldy is that they don't consume club/coach resources on off field issues.

Last edited:
Is anything confirmed yet?
It just seems really odd for it to happen if there was no particular concern during the game?

Although I dont think he was a lock for the 22, he would always have been one of those guys discussed every week and brings great effort, attitude and a mature head - either forward or back - now need guys (other than Dunn) to step up and start showing leadership at those ends of the ground.
He went off injured. Was reported on the broadcast.

Goldy bleeds black and white, a true clubman and by all reports a fantastic bloke. Hope he gets back but it's a fingers crossed hope :(. Every club needs as many as possible of the Goldy type around, all heart and soul - regardless of how well it's going.

Ahhh!!...ffs!! FFS!!!
Okay. I was sceptical at first but now the evidence is incontrovertible. We are cursed. It's as simple as that. We need to face the harsh reality that we support a club that, for whatever reason, is the subject of some black magic, evil, satan-level dark hex designed to torture and torment us for all our Collingwood supporting days.
The question now is, what do we do? How do we appease the angry gods that have plagued us so cruelly? Virgin sacrifice? (tricky for our kind). Blood of a first-born? Purchase of a Carlton membership? All ideas are welcome. The time to act though is now.

The rumour was that Ed made a deal with the devil that got us our '10' flag, since that day we have seen the terms and conditions of that deal

Not sure when deal runs out, will have to ask Ed

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back