U/16 Guns

Remove this Banner Ad

hey guys...
i go to school with TOM SCULLY i have played footy for chargers and stuff and this kid stands out... absolubte freakkshow..
i have also had the chance to play with JARRYD CACHIA and DAN HANNERBERY they are also freaks... not to the extent of SCULLY but they are both amazing... all draftees for sure..

SCULLY #1 2008 draft

All good Players for metro will be interesting to see them play vic country again tho .They got smashed by vic country in U15's final. Vic country are tough . I rekon Jack Ziebell is the best U16 in the country he was vc of vic country and all aust he's different to scully hard and mean and does what he wants and a guy called matt pianto is another tough nut . I played against them both at school footy and watch out for them they take toughness to another level,they would eat thier own. City football is soft compared to what these guys play.

I've played against most of these kids in the V Line Carnival for Gippsland and theres a few that def stood out for me.

Big boys are always going to dominate in these sorts of comps, so i hope that the recruiters are more or less looking at skills rather than dominance.

Jack Zeible kicked 6 in the first quarter against us and absolutely dominated, but as with most tall strong guys, if you can find someone that can match him they cant do much, and my mate kept him to one goal in the next 3 quarters after being moved onto him.

Andrew Hooper, also played against him in cricket (not bad) will no doubt go Number 1 if he continues his process. Obviously he is a big boy but i went to tackle him a couple of times and he just shrugs off. Kicked 5 against us and went off at 3 qtr. A big unit and a level head on his shoulders.

The other is Dan Hanneberry. This kid in my opinion better than all these three. He is still going to grow, but unlike the other two , he doesnt stand out as much as he isnt as big. But what i like about him, as he has better skills than both these two and could match them, i think, in every area.

I've played against most of these kids in the V Line Carnival for Gippsland and theres a few that def stood out for me.

Big boys are always going to dominate in these sorts of comps, so i hope that the recruiters are more or less looking at skills rather than dominance.

Jack Zeible kicked 6 in the first quarter against us and absolutely dominated, but as with most tall strong guys, if you can find someone that can match him they cant do much, and my mate kept him to one goal in the next 3 quarters after being moved onto him.

Andrew Hooper, also played against him in cricket (not bad) will no doubt go Number 1 if he continues his process. Obviously he is a big boy but i went to tackle him a couple of times and he just shrugs off. Kicked 5 against us and went off at 3 qtr. A big unit and a level head on his shoulders.

The other is Dan Hanneberry. This kid in my opinion better than all these three. He is still going to grow, but unlike the other two , he doesnt stand out as much as he isnt as big. But what i like about him, as he has better skills than both these two and could match them, i think, in every area.

"jimmy" how would u rate steele sidebottom to these guys? played for murray at the carnival.. great skills and footy head.. just wondering how he went at the carnival?

"jimmy" how would u rate steele sidebottom to these guys? played for murray at the carnival.. great skills and footy head.. just wondering how he went at the carnival?

Yeah didnt play against him but have heard he is a fair gun. Unlike the others isnt as big but has awesome skills.

AFL material.

hey guys...
i go to school with TOM SCULLY i have played footy for chargers and stuff and this kid stands out... absolubte freakkshow..
i have also had the chance to play with JARRYD CACHIA and DAN HANNERBERY they are also freaks... not to the extent of SCULLY but they are both amazing... all draftees for sure..

SCULLY #1 2008 draft
more like hamish hartlett number 1 in 08

I think young Ben Kennedy will be running around this year brother of Josh Kennedy who was picked up under the father son rule for hawks. Or am I wrong I have heard. His a big boy tall wise as anyone see him play.

I know Anton Woods personally and not once has he said that he doesn't wanna play AFL, he would give anything 2 play it and who wouldn't wanna play AFL its a dream.

Awesome to hear! The kid said it years ago so times have probably changed with is great to hear. One of my freinds who plays Knights with Anton reckons he is the biggest freak he has ever seen. I hear he has just got a injury though and will be out for quite a while. Can you confirm that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quiet, he's a good player but there's better going around for his age, Scully, Hannebury, Cachia etc

cant agree there Jack watts is 190 cm at least cachia s ok and a good size but he's only a back flanker and not to many tricks ,hanneberry is smallish so's scully there very skilled but overall Jack watts is a better package.he can ruck key forward ,play back ,run ,jump, and is tall.

two blokes from greenvale in the essendon district league, very much the same players, david sardo and jack mitchell,, both are hard running courageous players, could play anywhere...

3 blokes from Ranges that are absoulute freaks...sam blease (already mentioned), andrew moore (brother of kelvin, son of ???) and jordan gysberts...moore and gysberts both about 188cm, great set of hands...all 3 to watch out for in vic metro trials and nationals

jack ziebell is the one to look out for. bout 187-188 cm tall weighs bout 82kg will grow to atleast 191-194 i rekon. kicks the ball a mile easy 50m both feet. has been put in the same catagory as judd and goddard on how much they dominated and stood out at his age.dead ringer of goddard so thats the best afl comparisment for him. very hard player. played senior football in o&m for wodonga last year as a young 15 year old and kicked a goal with his first touch. keep your eyes out for him at the champs for vic c
should perform very well

Any news on Tom Scully? Is Tom playing yet? how long before the deadline for him to play? Would love any info on it..

3 blokes from Ranges that are absoulute freaks...sam blease (already mentioned), andrew moore (brother of kelvin, son of ???) and jordan gysberts...moore and gysberts both about 188cm, great set of hands...all 3 to watch out for in vic metro trials and nationals

Have heard good things about Gysbert as well.

jack ziebell is the one to look out for. bout 187-188 cm tall weighs bout 82kg will grow to atleast 191-194 i rekon. kicks the ball a mile easy 50m both feet. has been put in the same catagory as judd and goddard on how much they dominated and stood out at his age.dead ringer of goddard so thats the best afl comparisment for him. very hard player. played senior football in o&m for wodonga last year as a young 15 year old and kicked a goal with his first touch. keep your eyes out for him at the champs for vic c
should perform very well

Got to agree there although i think Jack watts is ahead of him at moment but ziebell has only moved down to melbourne this year and it will take a bit of time for him to settle in in town but look out when he does cos he's a freak . i heard they play him in the back line a caulfield grammar...the kids the best forward in the country he kicked nine goals in a half last year in one game of rep footy. Watts is special 8.4 last week and he's in yr 10 .

Much of the focus of drafting and recruiting is being generated from the u/16 level.

Anyone know any dead set guns at under 16 level playing fro dragons, chargers, rangers or any of them?

Isnt always that easy to tell at 16 years old but any that stands out?

Although the cannons did'nt have a great carnival, lacked height, Tom Lucin was a standout. Small onballer 179cm, superquick for his age 2.89 over 20m. Kicked 2 of the best running goals you will ever see resting in a back pocket. Best ball handler below his knees at his level. Super long kick, strong legs. Needs to keep developing, attitude will take him a long way.

Vincent Nowell-Giles is an absolute gun. Last year he kicked 123 goals playing in the forward pocket. Got paid last year to play for the seniors.

If you think Vincent is a gun you should see this next kid hes playing for the pines this years his name is Joseph Turabian. He is an absolute star, jjust missed out on the Vic team last year because he broke his arm 1 week before the tryouts. Joseph also kicked well over 100 goals last year. Joe is 200 cm tall and weighs 102 kg, he can run 3 km in 8 minutes 22 seconds. His vertical leap is 75 cm.

I suggest you go down and watch the Pines this week at Belvedere, Seaford 2:40 Sunday

Watch out for #3, #10, #15 for Pines

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

U/16 Guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back